Nice! What fuzz is that?

:P

z1

it's a fuzz with a pinch knob  ::)

gutpic

stumper1

DericĀ®

remmelt

Quote from: Pushtone on October 10, 2007, 12:05:12 AMHey guys, I like large pics too but I just checked the file size of this ONE page and its a whopping 2.5 megs.
Better for Aron's transfer limit.

I agree with you, although I think thumbnails don't do these great pedals justice. A modest, reduced size with link to image host would be great.

Your above statement doesn't make sense though, the data never passes through Aron's server, so that doesn't matter.

railhead

When I post pics here, I usually grab them from my Flickr page, which has 240 x 180 or 500 x 375, so I opt for the larger. Add to that, the linking code used here isn't standard HTML, so -- since I'm lazy, I guess -- I don't rewrite the Flickr generated linking code.

I guess I'll quit being so lazy, even though I hate trying to look at little thumbnails and having to click them to see a full size version.

Pushtone

Quote from: railhead on October 11, 2007, 01:19:18 PM
When I post pics here, I usually grab them from my Flickr page, which has 240 x 180 or 500 x 375, so I opt for the larger. Add to that, the linking code used here isn't standard HTML, so -- since I'm lazy, I guess -- I don't rewrite the Flickr generated linking code.

I guess I'll quit being so lazy, even though I hate trying to look at little thumbnails and having to click them to see a full size version.

500 x 375 is a good size to post, depending on the amount of compression of course.

Check out the image at to top - 1024 x 768 and 368k !!! 
That's what I call lazy, not using a image editing program to reduce the pixel rez.

Yes Remelt, your right about it not being served through Aron's server. My mistake.

Here's a tip for all you pedal shutter bugs.
Before taking the photo set your digicam to 640 x 480.
Then you won't have to use an editing app to resize.
It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith

markm

Awhile back in this thread it was mentioned about pic size plus the quoting of pics again and again.
It doesn't bother me as I'm not on dial-up but I bet the repetition of the pic quoting must be annoying to some.

Papa_lazerous

I personally like the high quality high res pictures........But I am more amazed that people still have dial-up in this day and age whats that all about  ???

bancika

It's nothing unusual in many countries to have dialup, I have dialup back in Serbia...and hate it :icon_wink:
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

GREEN FUZ

Quote from: markm on October 11, 2007, 02:21:29 PM
It doesn't bother me as I'm not on dial-up but I bet the repetition of the pic quoting must be annoying to some.

Come on guys, spare a thought for those disadvantaged dial-up members amongst us. When replying to picture posts delete the repetititive pics.

David

Quote from: Papa_lazerous on October 11, 2007, 02:35:47 PM
I personally like the high quality high res pictures........But I am more amazed that people still have dial-up in this day and age whats that all about  ???

It's all about money, Papa.  I live between two small towns in between two large cities.  I am fortunate that I have high-speed DSL.  About two miles from where we live, my daughter's Girl Scout troop leader has dialup.  That's all she'll have for the foreseeable future.  The phone company doesn't want to upgrade its infrastructure in that neighborhood.

slacker

I'm on dialup because it's still just about cheaper than broadband and for 99% of what I use the web for it's does the job just fine.

Papa_lazerous

wow I am in shock I thought broadband was standard issue these days, I am not even sure I could dial up if I wanted and it would cost the same if I could

Fuzzy-Train

Quote from: stumper1 on October 10, 2007, 11:57:48 PM
QuoteGuts?

Sure was a tight fit.

What color paint is that? It's so eye catching.
THERE IS NO SIG.

The user formerly known as NoNothing.

Stuff I built!
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/Cpt_sergeant/?start=allRandom

ambulancevoice

Quote from: z1 on October 10, 2007, 12:27:42 PM
it's a fuzz with a pinch knob  ::)

gutpic

im guessing a w.m. clone??? 2 tranies, 4 caps, 2 electros, 4 pots, but there are more resistors on that then on my schem, thes is 6 or something on mine, and there are 8 resistors here

Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

cheeb

Quote from: Papa_lazerous on October 11, 2007, 05:00:10 PM
wow I am in shock I thought broadband was standard issue these days, I am not even sure I could dial up if I wanted and it would cost the same if I could
In more rural areas, like where I'm from, there are huge gaps where no high-speed provider is willing to stretch their service. There is a whole town in my county that has no high-speed internet. Nowhere in the whole town. A lot of the places won't even take credit cards, because their units can't communicate with a database. My girlfriend has high speed, and I have it at school, but at my house, it's dial-up.
Quote from: markm on October 11, 2007, 02:21:29 PM
Awhile back in this thread it was mentioned about pic size plus the quoting of pics again and again.

And yes, the quoting of the pics drives me nuts even on high speed. This thread would be half its size if several of these huge pics weren't quoted over and over. You could totally quote the text or write a description without copying and re-copying the pics.

Sorry guys, I don't want you to think I'm being bitchy, I just don't think it's necessary to do it.

jayp5150

I'm not sure about other photo hosting sites, but I think it's worth noting that the pics I posted were from myspace, and they only took up 36k to 53k for each (I was surprised actually). They are all 600x449.

caress

well consider this... i live in brooklyn only about 10 min from manhattan and i had some trouble getting high speed internet.   :icon_rolleyes:  it's because i live in a primarily commercial warehouse area and it just doesn't pay for providers to run cable to the area...i finally got verizon, but only 7mbps or so   :P

Pushtone

Quote from: caress on October 12, 2007, 01:00:29 AM
well consider this... i live in brooklyn only about 10 min from manhattan and i had some trouble getting high speed internet.   :icon_rolleyes:  it's because i live in a primarily commercial warehouse area and it just doesn't pay for providers to run cable to the area...i finally got verizon, but only 7mbps or so   :P

That sounds like our situation at work, also in a warehouse district.

But here it's because Canadian National railway was "right of way" rights over the area and the telecoms can not cross the tracks without paying some big bucks, plus the cost of tunneling under the tracks.

My boss pays through the nose for a high speed wireless bridge on top of a broadband ISP account.
And at least once a year the "antenna" get downed by weather.

Opps, almost forgot this is the picture thread.
Better make it up by posting a Foxx Tone Machine with GGG PCB.

My first attempt at installing a rectangular switch. Wasn't that hard actually.

It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith

ambulancevoice

yeah, but i hated having to install them first before i wired them up
i kept doing the opposite
:icon_evil:
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money