SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitefly182

Newly finished enclosures:

jlullo

awesome!  did you paint or powdercoat those?

stumper1

QuoteWhat color paint is that? It's so eye catching.

It's called Iridescent Brite Blue from Auto Air.  Auto Air does a ton of very cool colors.  They are water based which is nice but you still have to use a urethane clear coat.

Here's a Shaka 5 I just finished up tonight.  Also done in Auto Air colors - flourescent green and flourescent yellow.  Used the layout at AMZ as a guide but made it a little smaller so it would fit in a "b" size box.  Fits great - quite a bit of wiggle room.  Kids are in bed so I didn't get to turn it up but it sounds very good.

Deric®

Auke Haarsma

Quote from: markm on October 11, 2007, 02:21:29 PM
Awhile back in this thread it was mentioned about pic size plus the quoting of pics again and again.
It doesn't bother me as I'm not on dial-up but I bet the repetition of the pic quoting must be annoying to some.

I think 'quoting' pics doesn't add to the amount of data that's going to be downloaded. No pics are hosted here, so what is quoted is the location of the pic. I'm pretty sure most ISP and browsers will get the quoted pic from the cache. Or am I mistaken?

greigoroth

Love the autopaint, fantastic man!
Built: GGG Green Ringer

bancika

Quote from: ponq on October 12, 2007, 03:24:51 AM
I think 'quoting' pics doesn't add to the amount of data that's going to be downloaded. No pics are hosted here, so what is quoted is the location of the pic. I'm pretty sure most ISP and browsers will get the quoted pic from the cache. Or am I mistaken?

quoting pics doesn't increase data because only one instance is downloaded. It just takes more screen space :)
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

GREEN FUZ

Fair enough. It`s still kind of annoying though. ;D

QSQCaito

WTF!! You got only 7mbps?? That's quite funny though, here in Argentina common speed s 512. Maybe 1mb, recently. Max speed (personal use) was added a week ago, 10mbps.
D.A.C

StephenGiles

Hey, did you know that Richard Shindell lives in BA somewhere near Plaza de Belgrano?
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

Nitefly182

Quote from: jlullo on October 12, 2007, 02:01:54 AM
awesome!  did you paint or powdercoat those?

All spray paint.

Nitefly182

QSQCaito

Quote from: StephenGiles on October 12, 2007, 01:00:01 PM
Hey, did you know that Richard Shindell lives in BA somewhere near Plaza de Belgrano?

Wow. Didn't knew who he was until today. Awesome songs i've seen in youtube. I'll see if he's doing any gig in BA
D.A.C

krister

Gear Reviews and Guitar Related Information > http://krispicks.com

Gila_Crisis

Quote from: Nitefly182 on October 12, 2007, 06:20:22 PM

yeah! wonderfull paint! i love that! what kind of pedal is this?

Nitefly182

Quote from: Gila_Crisis on October 14, 2007, 04:36:48 AM
Quote from: Nitefly182 on October 12, 2007, 06:20:22 PM

yeah! wonderfull paint! i love that! what kind of pedal is this?

Its a marshall Guv'nor with clipping options.

jayp5150

Just finished this today. It's another Tube Screamer, no clipping switch or anything, though. Again, painted by my wife. I just give her some colors to go off of, and she does whatever comes to mind.

Auke Haarsma

foxfire

Quote from: jayp5150 on October 15, 2007, 11:06:26 AM
Just finished this today. It's another Tube Screamer, no clipping switch or anything, though. Again, painted by my wife. I just give her some colors to go off of, and she does whatever comes to mind.

that's what i'm trying to do with my girlfriend but, she gets too nervous about messing up. so she doesn't have any fun doing it even though she's been doing these really cool doodles for years. though i think she is starting to understand that i'll like almost anything she does.

jayp5150

Quote from: ponq on October 15, 2007, 11:16:48 AM
nice paintjob!

Thank you! I know that she appreciates it.

Quote from: foxfire on October 15, 2007, 11:25:11 AM
that's what i'm trying to do with my girlfriend but, she gets too nervous about messing up. so she doesn't have any fun doing it even though she's been doing these really cool doodles for years. though i think she is starting to understand that i'll like almost anything she does.

Yeah, she's always worried about people liking it. I understand that because I was the same way with posting my music online. I don't think I've ever disliked anything she's painted, though. Just tell your girl to suck it up  ;)

If she's the one that did the sharpie on bare aluminum, I liked that very much.

foxfire

Quote from: jayp5150 on October 15, 2007, 11:43:37 AM
Quote from: ponq on October 15, 2007, 11:16:48 AM
nice paintjob!

Thank you! I know that she appreciates it.

Quote from: foxfire on October 15, 2007, 11:25:11 AM

Yeah, she's always worried about people liking it. I understand that because I was the same way with posting my music online. I don't think I've ever disliked anything she's painted, though. Just tell your girl to suck it up  ;)

If she's the one that did the sharpie on bare aluminum, I liked that very much.

yup that was her but, it's a paint pen for what it's worth. she did another one for me last night but, the ink ran all over the place when i sprayed it with clear today. i think i went too heavy with me first coat. live and learn i guess. besides she wasn't all that happy with it anyway.