News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stumper1

Not really a stomp-box... 

I recently built an amp with a passive effects loop.  Just in case I ever need one - I made a buffered FX loop w/send and return controls and a true bypass.  1590bb box painted by my friend Eldon @ Eldons Hot Rod Fabrication.

Guts....

Deric®

Valoosj

cool! the paintjob is funny as well. is it a noisy cricket?
and how does it sound? post some clips or something!
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

ambulancevoice

Quote from: Valoosj on October 25, 2007, 07:09:29 AM
cool! the paintjob is funny as well. is it a noisy cricket?

clealy not, cause the noisy cricket uses a lm386 ic amp, and not two transistors
but what amp is it?? your own design?

Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

jakenold

I think it's the effect loop, FOR the amp.

Kind regards, Jake

stumper1

That's correct - it's a buffered FX loop for the amp.   :icon_cool:
Deric®

bancika

how did you do finish?
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

theundeadelvis

Quote from: stumper1 on October 25, 2007, 12:47:44 AM
Not really a stomp-box... 
  1590bb box painted by my friend Eldon @ Eldons Hot Rod Fabrication.

If it ain't broke...   ...it will be soon.

letsgocoyote

I built a new 386 amp.  its a noisy cricket/little gem II hybrid.  used the input buffer/volume/tone from the noisy cricket in place of the buffer on the little gem II.  i originally left the 1/8 pins on the two 386's open for low gain because i wanted cleaner tone but i wasnt getting enough volume for my tastes so i jsut soldered em together (with out the 10uf caps) and now its quite loud, and actually is still clean up to about one o clock, and at 3 o clock gets a good mild breakup.  i really like it allot.  the cabinetry isnt the best... oh well.  oh and it has a jensen mod 8 speaker in it.

with my new daphne blue squier

the back isnt the prettiest, oh well.

i really like it, although it does sound a bit thin, so i think i need to put in a slightly larger cap in placer o fthe .047uf one in the buffer, maybe like .1uf because i end up rolling the tone control to about 9 o clock to get the sound i want.

it gets quite loud.  plenty loud for my apartment at least!  its about as loud when dimed as my friends valve junior is at 12 o clock

bent

Quote from: letsgocoyote on October 25, 2007, 02:23:15 PM

really nice job,  :icon_razz:  :icon_biggrin:

really cool.......

l like it....
bent
Long live the music.....

jefe

I built a new 386 amp.  its a noisy cricket/little gem II hybrid.  used the input buffer/volume/tone from the noisy cricket in place of the buffer on the little gem II.  i originally left the 1/8 pins on the two 386's open for low gain because i wanted cleaner tone but i wasnt getting enough volume for my tastes so i jsut soldered em together (with out the 10uf caps) and now its quite loud, and actually is still clean up to about one o clock, and at 3 o clock gets a good mild breakup.  i really like it allot.  the cabinetry isnt the best... oh well.  oh and it has a jensen mod 8 speaker in it.

I think it looks pretty darn good letsgo. Do you like the speaker? I've been looking at the jensen mod speakers to use with a 386 amp, but I'm not sure how they sound together.

g3rmanium

Here's my Pushme Pullyou. I'll post pics of the case when I'm done with it.

Schematics, Transistor tests with shound clips.
Call me Johann.

~arph

Thanks for reminding me I really need a decent camera. That picture is great!
Compared to my camera phone:

This btw is a mockup for a tremolo I'm building (it has something special going on with the enclosure... think cars, think neon)
The graphics on it will be redone (again) since this attempt is really bad.

letsgocoyote

Quote from: jefe on October 25, 2007, 07:31:45 PM

I think it looks pretty darn good letsgo. Do you like the speaker? I've been looking at the jensen mod speakers to use with a 386 amp, but I'm not sure how they sound together.

i like the speaker fine, but i dont have an ear for good speakers.  all i know is, if you use the input buffer from the noisy cricket, that you might want to use a slightly larger input cap than the .047uf one (i think this was mentioned in another thread) because it sounds a bit thin/trebly.  but only a tiny bit, because sometimes it seems just fine to me.  but the jensen mod speaker seem like a good deal.  i actually got mine really cheap on ebay in barely used conditions.

Freddy205

g3rmanium

Quote from: Freddy205 on October 26, 2007, 02:07:12 PM
And:

Images don't show up. Upload them somewhere else. http://imageshack.us comes to mind.
Call me Johann.

ambulancevoice

Quote from: g3rmanium on October 26, 2007, 04:48:53 AM
Here's my Pushme Pullyou. I'll post pics of the case when I'm done with it.

Schematics, Transistor tests with shound clips.

audio files wont work! :(

g3rmanium

Quote from: ambulancevoice on October 26, 2007, 08:42:47 PM
audio files wont work! :(

Sorry I just tested the links and they worked fine. Please PM me what player and what OS you're using. Thanks.
Call me Johann.

ambulancevoice

i checked them out again, and they work now, real horrorshow
nice zvook this pedal has
sound i mean....

Marcos - Munky

MicFarlow77

Hi All,

Here is my first completed build. I have taken enough of a break from building enclosures to actually build something.

This is my take on Jack Ormans Mini-Booster. Thanks Jack for a super quiet design that is rather versatile.

Because of the need to fit it in a round enclosure. I did my own layout. I'm sure it violates most normal rules for layouts, but it does follow one... IT FITS! It also fired up on the first try... woohoo!

I used PCB material I got from John Lyons which looks really cool. Also got that metal washer for the 3PDT from John as well! Thanks John!

The enclosure is my own of course...  ;D

Orion, our Maine Coon refuses to get out of the way when I want to use that quilt for shooting pic's, so he ends up getting in the shots....

Here's the required gut shot...

Here is the business end...

Next comes paint.... will post followups then.....

Any and all comments welcomed...

Thanks all,

Mick