News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomgoos

Hi all, here's my rendition of the ampeg scrambler:

Painted the enclosure orange. Sanded it to get some of the metal through. Then polished it. Used the toner transfer method to get the black print on it and finally I clear coated it.

Hope you like it.

MicFarlow77

tomgoos,

That paint job ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

~arph

And you clearly answered my thoughts about the possibility of doing the toner transfer on a painted enclosure!

Sody54

Here's my latest project.  It's milled on a CNC mill from a block of aluminum.  Spent 10 minutes on the buffing wheel with it and I think it's going to turn out better than anticipated!  This will house a BMP with switchable transistors.  I've like it both with 5089's and with 3904's so I'm adding a 4-way rotary switch.  Not sure what I'll use the other 2 positions for yet.  Maybe input caps, unless I run across a better idea....

Brian

cheeb

Quote from: tomgoos on November 07, 2007, 08:39:33 AM

Painted the enclosure orange. Sanded it to get some of the metal through. Then polished it. Used the toner transfer method to get the black print on it and finally I clear coated it.

What do you mean polished? Care to explain? Please?

theblueark

Did this for a guy recently, Fuzz Factory in a Fender Mustang.

DWBH

A noisy circuit into a such beautiful guitar... :icon_cry: :icon_cry:

Timebutt

Quote from: tomgoos on November 07, 2007, 08:39:33 AM
Hi all, here's my rendition of the ampeg scrambler:

Hope you like it.

My god, absolutely a piece of art! Very impressive finish!
Completed Projects: Gus Smalley Booster, Modded Russian Big Muff, Orange Squeezer, BYOC Vibrato, Phase 90

Mark Hammer

Quote from: DWBH on November 07, 2007, 01:31:23 PM
Well, at least it was a real FF, given the emptied out Vexter chassis.

I would be more concerned that the location of something with so much tone-construction potential is permanently situated first where you can't insert anything before it.  Not unless you could install a multiconductor jack/cable that let you patch stuff (situated on the floor) between the guitar and FF.

theblueark

The FF pretty much needs to see a passive guitar signal, and it seems putting it on the floor takes all the fun out of it. Without being able to tweak the knobs while playing, it's just a fuzz. But once you can tweak them, it's such an awesome noisemaker.

Anyways, I just did everything to the specs of the guy who wanted it, and he's pretty happy  ;D

I've seen a couple of other guys go the other method of velcroing the FF onto their guitar. This guy  used to do that before deciding to go all the way.

Guess there are lots of Muse fans out there.

tomgoos

Thanks guys, I'm glad you dig my scrambler. And indeed the toner transfer method works nicely on a painted enclosure. Just make sure, so I noticed, that you cool it down after ironing and then soak of the paper using water. At least, that's what worked for me. You can scrub off the remains of the paper using a sponge (the kind you use for washing the dishes, don't know the name in english). After this I also used some sink polisher to make the black a bit more shiny.

ambulancevoice

Quote from: DWBH on November 07, 2007, 01:31:23 PM

gorgeous idea eh!
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

Dragonfly

Quote from: tomgoos on November 07, 2007, 03:37:47 PM
Thanks guys, I'm glad you dig my scrambler. And indeed the toner transfer method works nicely on a painted enclosure. Just make sure, so I noticed, that you cool it down after ironing and then soak of the paper using water. At least, that's what worked for me. You can scrub off the remains of the paper using a sponge (the kind you use for washing the dishes, don't know the name in english). After this I also used some sink polisher to make the black a bit more shiny.

Just to back this up...I've used darn near the exact same method in the past with great success. Its a bit of extra work, but not really that much...and it looks great.

Nice looking Scrambler, BTW....

ambulancevoice

Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

Valoosj

I have seen so many cool pedals in this thread, but isn't there one where everybody shows their entire pedalboad? I just used the search, but I did not find it
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

~arph

I believe I saw some in here... but usually people post pedals they just finished here....

fixr1984

Quote from: Valoosj on November 08, 2007, 07:53:49 AM
I have seen so many cool pedals in this thread, but isn't there one where everybody shows their entire pedalboad? I just used the search, but I did not find it

Here you go.

theblueark

I think he's referring to a pedalboard thread.

There's a small one in the lounge: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=60011.0

I don't recall any other such threads being made.

arma61

Hi, here's my pedalboard, it not finished (it'll be ready sometime in this century, I hope!!) (link http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/7995/pedalboardyl6.jpg).
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

Krinor

Here's my latest.

A nice little gem  :icon_wink: