News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valoosj

what did you do to polish it like that? just sanding with a very fine grit?
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Gila_Crisis

Quote from: Valoosj on November 08, 2007, 07:53:49 AM
I have seen so many cool pedals in this thread, but isn't there one where everybody shows their entire pedalboad? I just used the search, but I did not find it

this is my pedalboard:

Krinor

Quote from: Valoosj on November 08, 2007, 05:49:19 PM

Are you reffering to the little gem or to the exceptional enclosure further back in the thread ?
Well, I bought my enclosure from smallbear. I actually paid the extra for the polish option only to discover how incredibly easy it is to arrive at the same result with just a minimum of polishing equipment which can be bought for a small sum and used in front of any ordinary drill. No sanding. Only polishing.

Valoosj

Quote from: Gila_Crisis on November 08, 2007, 06:43:44 PM
Quote from: Valoosj on November 08, 2007, 07:53:49 AM
I have seen so many cool pedals in this thread, but isn't there one where everybody shows their entire pedalboad? I just used the search, but I did not find it

this is my pedalboard:

I want your amp! Instant Alice in Chains sound with my G&L Superhawk  8)

How is your tremulus lune? I have one in my to build list. Do you have some clips of it's possibilities? What I found on it was not much on the 4ms site.
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

s.r.v.

Gila Crisis be careful ZVEX might get you for labeling your knobs the same!  :icon_lol: whats the red and white pedal?

Sody54

Quote from: Valoosj on November 08, 2007, 05:49:19 PM

If you're referring to my enclosure (The one with the pack of nails on it), I sanded it with 120grit, and 600 grit, then spent about 10 minutes on my $25 buffing wheel using white rouge.  It's actually turning out better than I'd hoped!

Brian

Gila_Crisis

The tremulus lune is just wonderfull, and it has a preatty infinity of tromolo sounds. right now i don't have a sample sorry!

the sunshining red white pedal is a big muff which circuit is a mix of trangle and rams head muffs. right now i just finished an opamp muff, and sometimes in the padelboard i got a fulltone bassdrive clone

Barcode80

did your boost work on the bassdrive? i built one, and measurements say the boost switch is putting in the 1 meg pot in series as it should, but i never got any raise in volume. in fact, i'm working right now on just splicing in another boost circuit, maybe a mosfet boost.

~arph

My Fat Fish (ROG Omega) is finished.

Two color red/blue led

Great little boost!

greigoroth

Fat fish... nice! Much better than "fat linseed"  ;D
Built: GGG Green Ringer

Gila_Crisis

Quote from: Barcode80 on November 09, 2007, 03:00:11 AM
did your boost work on the bassdrive? i built one, and measurements say the boost switch is putting in the 1 meg pot in series as it should, but i never got any raise in volume. in fact, i'm working right now on just splicing in another boost circuit, maybe a mosfet boost.

the boost in the bassdrive/fulltone isn't a volume boost but a gain boost!!!! you got more gain but not more volume!

nbabmf

Gila,
I dig the Japanese rising sun graphic on the BMP!

gutsofgold

Quote from: tomgoos on November 07, 2007, 08:39:33 AM
Hi all, here's my rendition of the ampeg scrambler:

Painted the enclosure orange. Sanded it to get some of the metal through. Then polished it. Used the toner transfer method to get the black print on it and finally I clear coated it.

Hope you like it.

amazing! does this toner method involve the water-slide decals? or did you just print to transparency paper and iron-on?
i'd like to try this.

fegg

here's my fuzzface ...... same expression as this smiley  ::)
p.s I noticed yesterday that if I have it plugged into the amp with no guitar it oscillates like mad and tweaking both "eyes" alters the oscillations!!... is this normal?
sound:  here (loud)

slacker

Love the furry fuzz face  :)

Here's a couple of shots of my ADA flanger clone, it's not quite finished I've still got to fit the LED.

ambulancevoice

Quote from: fegg on November 10, 2007, 09:58:54 AM

here's my fuzzface ...... same expression as this smiley  ::)
p.s I noticed yesterday that if I have it plugged into the amp with no guitar it oscillates like mad and tweaking both "eyes" alters the oscillations!!... is this normal?
sound:  here (loud)

greatest fuzz face ever! period
lovely lovely oscillating sounds, and real horrorshow fuzz!
what could be better

reminds me of this too

Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

SolariEGO

Brethren,

Just another newbie paying his respect to this great DIY community, I already spent countless hours browsing these pages – there's so much talent and creativity (not to mention humor) here – very inspirational indeed!

This is my second build; the Gritona de Válvula, a modded TS 808 (hats off to JD Sleep for broadening the path into stomp box nerdiness for us first timers). The middle switch is for standard/AMZ fat mode, the one to the right is a triple throw, two pole on-off-on switch from a local supplier, which I managed to wire on-on-on (single pole). This gives me the choice between the standard clipping stage, asymmetric or LED. As you see, I couldn't resist the temptation to let the two clipping LEDs pop out of the top of the box (in LED clipping mode they glow according to the amount of gain), but I'm proud to say I did manage to resist integrating them into the graphic design (that could easily turn out a bit on the Freudian side).

I got one more week left of my paternity leave, so if the fruit of my loins is overbearing with me, there'll be more effects boxed up by next weekend.
Rockin' in the Axis of Evil

hendrix2489

here is a green ringer octave and a F*lltone 70 fuzz

Focalized

My first bunch with decals. All BYOC pedals except the Phase 100. The paint ran a bit with the MKII added more clear coat for the others. Learning.

nbabmf

I love the decal work!  I hope I can do something like that when I build my own.