Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomgoos

Quote from: gutsofgold on November 09, 2007, 11:20:13 AM
Quote from: tomgoos on November 07, 2007, 08:39:33 AM
Hi all, here's my rendition of the ampeg scrambler:

Painted the enclosure orange. Sanded it to get some of the metal through. Then polished it. Used the toner transfer method to get the black print on it and finally I clear coated it.

Hope you like it.

amazing! does this toner method involve the water-slide decals? or did you just print to transparency paper and iron-on?
i'd like to try this.

No water-slide decals. I just printed it (mirrored) to a piece of glossy paper from a magazine (didn't bother to find a white spot). Then Ironed it onto the enclosure. Let it COOL DOWN. Then I used water to soak off the paper. Used a kitchen sponge to get rid of the most of the remaining paper. Then I used sink polisher to get rid of the last bits. That's all. Easy and cheap as hell.

gutsofgold

same, that green smoke stuff on the led drive is pretty cool.

were the decals done on an ink jet?

Focalized

Quote from: gutsofgold on November 11, 2007, 08:16:48 AM
same, that green smoke stuff on the led drive is pretty cool.

were the decals done on an ink jet?

Yes, it's inkjet. Yeah the Drive has a cool cartoon look.

Electric_Death

Quote from: Hal on August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM
post your pictures!

Left to right, Easyvibe, Easyface, Green Ringer, Rangemaster (pot is screwdriver adjust on right side.  I know the input and output are backwards....it was my first time doing PCB mount, and doing a sharpie layout)

my collection...minus the pipe bomb tremolo.  I gave that to a friend, and have my own on its way, at some point soon.  Also, my fetzer valve is not pictured.  Its being a recording preamp, near my computer :-D

man...you have some really lame taste in movies! :P
If I didn't know any better, I'd of thought I was somehow misdirected to a rappers forum....

Barcode80

I've gone on a phaser binge :)

This is my Ross Phaser. this thing is AWESOME!

I also made the small stone. totally different sound but just as good. didn't realize how different phasers could sound

remmelt

Quote from: SolariEGO on November 10, 2007, 08:07:39 PM

I got one more week left of my paternity leave, so if the fruit of my loins is overbearing with me, there'll be more effects boxed up by next weekend.

I agree with this pedal very very much.

tommy.genes

Slacker:

How were you able to work on the inside of that extruded enclosure?

Thanks,
-- T. G. --

Quote from: slacker on November 10, 2007, 05:47:55 PM
"A man works hard all week to keep his pants off all weekend." - Captain Eugene Harold "Armor Abs" Krabs

slacker

Fortunately the top panel of the box is removable, didn't know that when I bought it though.
If you look at the top right corner you can just about see that it's a separate piece, it fits into grooves on either side and then held firm by the end panels.
Everything was fitted to the top and end panels and then it was just a case of dropping the board on to the studs and instead of sliding the top on I fitted it into the groove on one side of the box and then snapped the other side in by gently flexing the side panel outwards whilst pressing the top down. The only tricky bit was tightening the nuts on the PCB studs.
They're pretty cool boxes for bigger projects the fact that the end and top panels are removable makes them really easy to drill and wire up.

stratblues

My stratoblaster from GGG. My first build and first time painting. I baked the paint but it seemed very brittle afterwords. As you can tell I chipped it already and tried to do a little touching up. LOL. Atleast it works! Only boosts the volume doesn't add fatness or anything. Very clear and LOUD boost.

s.r.v.

nice build! very clean for your first time!

greigoroth

Love the off white stratblues!
Built: GGG Green Ringer

SolariEGO

Another few boxed up – left to right: Orange Screamer, DOD Envelope Filter 440, Green Ringer, MXR Phase 45. I could need some help with the DOD EF 440, though  :icon_redface:http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=62720.0

Rockin' in the Axis of Evil

tommy.genes

Quote from: slacker on November 12, 2007, 04:59:44 PM
Fortunately the top panel of the box is removable...

Thanks. I can see the removable top now.
-- T. G. --
"A man works hard all week to keep his pants off all weekend." - Captain Eugene Harold "Armor Abs" Krabs

Timebutt

Quote from: slacker on November 12, 2007, 04:59:44 PM
Fortunately the top panel of the box is removable, didn't know that when I bought it though.
If you look at the top right corner you can just about see that it's a separate piece, it fits into grooves on either side and then held firm by the end panels.
Everything was fitted to the top and end panels and then it was just a case of dropping the board on to the studs and instead of sliding the top on I fitted it into the groove on one side of the box and then snapped the other side in by gently flexing the side panel outwards whilst pressing the top down. The only tricky bit was tightening the nuts on the PCB studs.
They're pretty cool boxes for bigger projects the fact that the end and top panels are removable makes them really easy to drill and wire up.

Just wondering, is this a Hammon 1455 series enclosure you can order from Banzai? (http://banzaieffects.com/Hammond-1455-Series-c-1024.html)
If so, how do you like them to use as stompboxes? I've been thinking of buying one of these for quite some time but I'm not quite sure what to expect ...
Looks very nice anyway :)
Completed Projects: Gus Smalley Booster, Modded Russian Big Muff, Orange Squeezer, BYOC Vibrato, Phase 90

slacker

Yeah it's a Hammond 1445N 1601. So far I'm happy with it, they're well finished and the brushed aluminium looks cool. They also come with stick on feet which is nice. They're definitely strong enough to handle being stomped on.

The only possible problem is that the screws that hold the end plates on are self tapping so I don't know how well they would handle repeated removal. This isn't a problem for me but if you were removing them often, for example to replace a battery they might become difficult to tighten.

If you're going to try one I would get one with the aluminium end panels rather than the ABS ones, and some of the ones on the Banzai site seem a bit shallow for fitting stomp switches, you probably need them to be at least 30mm deep.

Krinor

Quote from: SolariEGO on November 13, 2007, 03:43:36 PM
Another few boxed up – left to right: Orange Screamer, DOD Envelope Filter 440, Green Ringer, MXR Phase 45. I could need some help with the DOD EF 440, though  :icon_redface:http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=62720.0

WoW! Those are very nice enclosures! Care to share the name of decal brand you use ?

Here's my first atempt at putting anything other than paint on an enclosure:

SolariEGO

Thanks a bundle, Kristian,

Both for your kind encouragement and debugging advice! I'm quite happy with how the designs turned out, but it's nothing fancy, really – just cheap, glossy ink jet photo paper, spray contact glue and several layers of acrylic spray lacquer, all from the Swedish supplier Claes Ohlsson (you have them in Bergen too, I think). It probably won't take much abuse before chipping, though. Congrats also on your Ruby amp, is that sticky ink jet decal paper and spray lacquer? Looking good!

Steinar
Rockin' in the Axis of Evil

Krinor

Yeah, that's right. I bought that on Clas Ohlson.

railhead

Just finished this for a friend: my clean boost, dubbed PURE.

Gut shot:

BRingoC

Hey railhead, where did you get that knob, looks like exactly what I need.
Since when is 3/4 of the way up "cranked"?