News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sshrugg

Quote from: Zero on November 19, 2007, 06:03:45 PM
Here's a picture with the LEDs on. I should probably change the current-limiting resistor before the blue LED.. It's almost too bright.

I tend to prefer ridiculously bright LEDs.  I made one pedal with these crazy things, and I love the look.  Trouble is, it makes noise when the color switches.  I'll have to let it go, once I get the time.

I'm almost ashamed.. it's really crammed in this enclosure -- looks nasty. It's all stripboard. I took the layout over at fuzzcentral, cut the board in two pieces, connecting the necessary traces with wires and stacked both parts.

I wouldn't be!  That's a really creative sollution to cramming a lot into a small enclosure.  Less pedalboard real-estate that way.  Again, as long as it's not noisy, who cares?!  Nobody goes in there but you ; )
Built: Fuzz Face, Big Muff Pi (Stock), Distortion + (Germanium and Silicon versions)

disto

the mirror pedal looks ace its a shame that the light isnt refracted/reflected a bit more, maybe domed glass pieces would be interesting and allow it a bit more

Quote from: sshrugg on November 19, 2007, 06:34:35 PM
I made one pedal with these crazy things, and I love the look.  Trouble is, it makes noise when the color switches.  I'll have to let it go, once I get the time.

wow sounds interesting im guesing they look like this video

can you alter the speed? does anyone know if you can get these in the uk? i havent looked yet but id like to have a play with them.

sshrugg

Quote from: disto on November 19, 2007, 07:02:39 PM
wow sounds interesting im guesing they look like this video
can you alter the speed? does anyone know if you can get these in the uk? i havent looked yet but id like to have a play with them.

It's like that, but faster, and not as smooth.  Adding resistance dims the LED, but it goes at pretty much the same speed.  I'll see if I can throw a video up some time soon.  The only source I know of for those sorts of resistors is Goldmine Electronics.  I'm sure there are others, but it's hard to find just the right LED when your talking about huge suppliers like Mouser and Digikey.

When the lights change color, you hear a buzz, and a POP! when the other color kicks in.  It's really not good for high gain effects.  Probably not suitable for stompboxes at all.
Built: Fuzz Face, Big Muff Pi (Stock), Distortion + (Germanium and Silicon versions)

ambulancevoice

@ambulancevoice: I'm assuming guttiwuts = guts? ... and I'm assuming you're referring to me  :)

yes and yes
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

Zero

Quote from: Krinor on November 19, 2007, 06:08:27 PM
Wow, you've really got a lot of stuff going on in there!  :icon_biggrin:

Yes, no chance I could fit a battery in there..  ;D
And I'm telling you -- I was glad when I was finally able to put the cover on the enclosure without any wires sticking out..

Zero

Quote from: sshrugg on November 19, 2007, 06:34:35 PM
I wouldn't be!  That's a really creative sollution to cramming a lot into a small enclosure.  Less pedalboard real-estate that way.  Again, as long as it's not noisy, who cares?!  Nobody goes in there but you ; )

You're right.. at least there isn't anything shifting around in there!  :P
And pedal board real-estate is definitely an issue. I've got a Maestro Stage Phaser taking up way too much space on my board... that thing is just huge (!), but it sounds really amazing -- especially with my foXX tone machine in front of it.

The cool thing is I used solid-core wire to connect the two board pieces, so the whole thing is rather rigid. I can still "unfold" both boards to have access to all components, almost like a hinge -- at least the first couple of times I do it.  :-\

jasonsmusicgear

I found this awesome site several months ago and have since been building like crazy.  Thanks to all who post their knowledge so freely!  Here are my finished builds so far.

Tim Escobedo's Punch in the Face Fuzz

EA Tremolo

Bazz Fuss

GGG Regulated Power Supply

CMOY Headphone Amp

caress

here's some new, semi-new and uncompleted stuff...

edp wasp filter           --         circuitbent ad3208 (missing some knobs, etc)          --           forest cook reverb (still needs inner case painting and slight debugging) 

birt

its an Harmonic Perculator
http://www.last.fm/user/birt/
visit http://www.effectsdatabase.com for info on (allmost) every effect in the world!

drj

^^ nice looking enclosure - did you make it yourself ?

birt

it's a standard hammond enclosure with zinc over it. the nuts of the pots and switch are on the flashy orange hammond enclosure under the zinc. the zinc used to be an etching, it still has some structure in it.
http://www.last.fm/user/birt/
visit http://www.effectsdatabase.com for info on (allmost) every effect in the world!

Krinor

railhead

Here's the first draft of the new paint job I'm using for my distortion pedal, "io."

First off, the name on the pedal is in capital letters, but the final version will (probably) have the name in lowercase so that it doesn't resemble the number "10."

Other than that, I'm really, really happy with the way this turned out. In particular, if you look at the large version, you can see how polished and "wet" I have the clear coat looking -- you can totally see the reflections of the grey backdrop and hardware gleaming all nice and shiny-like. SWEET!

As to how I achieved this look, it started as a base coat of the underlying red paint, and then I grabbed my cigar lighter and burned the little sucker all over -- after sanding down the edges and performing other abuses on the shell.

After about 20 minutes, I had the look I wanted, and this technique will enable me to create a unique version every time I make one, so no 2 will ever be the same.

Isaiah

Quote from: birt on November 20, 2007, 03:17:14 PM
its an Harmonic Perculator

Good work.

Which schematic did you use and which transistors?

Isaiah

Quote from: railhead on November 20, 2007, 06:56:12 PM
Here's the first draft of the new paint job I'm using for my distortion pedal, "io."

First off, the name on the pedal is in capital letters, but the final version will (probably) have the name in lowercase so that it doesn't resemble the number "10."

Other than that, I'm really, really happy with the way this turned out. In particular, if you look at the large version, you can see how polished and "wet" I have the clear coat looking -- you can totally see the reflections of the grey backdrop and hardware gleaming all nice and shiny-like. SWEET!

As to how I achieved this look, it started as a base coat of the underlying red paint, and then I grabbed my cigar lighter and burned the little sucker all over -- after sanding down the edges and performing other abuses on the shell.

After about 20 minutes, I had the look I wanted, and this technique will enable me to create a unique version every time I make one, so no 2 will ever be the same.

That looks ace!
What circuit did you put inside?

railhead

It's my highly modified BSIABII. You can hear it here.

John Lyons

Here are a couple boxes manufactured by forum member Mick Farlow.
He has some in the for sale section here if you are interested.

Can you tell I like hammer tone finishes?

Rat Variant

Hearthrob tremolo

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Isaiah

Quote from: railhead on November 20, 2007, 07:59:03 PM
It's my highly modified BSIABII. You can hear it here.

Sounds ace too!
Well done!

ambulancevoice

Quote from: John Lyons on November 20, 2007, 08:47:39 PM

Here are a couple boxes manufactured by forum member Mick Farlow.
He has some in the for sale section here if you are interested.

Can you tell I like hammer tone finishes?

Rat Variant

Hearthrob tremolo

John

hooolllyyy shit
you know, that rat would look real nice with a little RAT logo above the stomp switch

ambulancevoice