~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

hellwood

Quote from: Zero on December 05, 2007, 04:05:25 AM
Quote from: hellwood on December 04, 2007, 07:00:38 PM

"green ringer"

I absolutely love that!!
You used sheet metal and bent it yourself, I presume. How did you attach the bottom plate?

... and, taking it further, you could build 3 of these to form the ultimate "Triforce" pedalboard  :icon_mrgreen:   (ahhh... those sweet childhood memories)
--> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triforce

thanks! yeah, i was out on my porch and all my neighbors were asking me WTF i was doing and my dilemma was how much metal i was going to be wasting to make a triangle(2 pedals worth). they all said F*** it! go for it! so, i bent the metal, but every time i made a bend, the bent piece was in the way of the next, so it was a nightmare. then i had to fit the battery. it almost didnt happen. there is hardly any usable space in a triangle. the bottom plate is screwed into tabs that are extra bends that the sides have making it even harder to cram the germaniums in there...pissed me off!
and it was inspired by a UFO is saw when i lived on kauai (the "tr3b")

Valoosj

Quote from: cloudscapes on December 05, 2007, 07:44:34 AM
Quote from: sshrugg on December 05, 2007, 07:02:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPxY8lpYAUM

snotty teenagers shouldn't be allowed to wield a sword ;)

here's something to renew our faith in link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0Iy78XTDdE

Nice music, really cool to see how they made it. I wonder if I could find gerudo valley as well. I'm learning that on the guitar. Super cool to do between songs at a (metal) gig  ;D
The triforce pedal board, what would you put in it? power: overdrive  wisdom: a tuner?  courage: ?
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

guitarman89

hi guys! I am new here, but I visit this network everyday!
Nickolay can you give me some tips to realize a foot controller like that amazing thing that you have realize? :icon_question:  ::)

You rock guys!!! I will post my stompbox pictures soon!
built: MXR Dist+,dod250-280,dr boogey,IC buffers,cmos drive,multiface,20W SS pwr amps,phase90,tubescreamer,rat,amzMB,wuly mammoth,dod280,zombie chorus
under constur:60W 3886 amp,jcm800 em
www.myspace.com/guitarmanbll
www.myspace.com/filospinatopunk

Austin73

Hey Mountain King what controls have you put on your Bazz Fuss. I love that circuit and done  a few mods but neever put them all together so just wondered what you have put together.

Cheers

Aus
Bazz Fuss, Red LLama, Harmonic Jerkulator, LoFo MoFo, NPN Boost, Bronx Cheer, AB Box, Dual Loop, Crash Sync

mountainking

Quote from: Austin73 on December 05, 2007, 02:11:50 PM
Hey Mountain King what controls have you put on your Bazz Fuss. I love that circuit and done  a few mods but neever put them all together so just wondered what you have put together.

Cheers

Aus

Its not a modified Bazz Fuss, it a original design.

ambulancevoice

Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

caress

ad3208 bent delay - scratched that pot a bit  :P  but it's ok, it's just for me...

foxx tone machine - i tried burning the paint a bit after i sprayed it.  interesting, but i think i need to light it up a bit quicker next time... ;)

darron

Quote from: caress on December 06, 2007, 12:22:41 AM
ad3208 bent delay - scratched that pot a bit  :P  but it's ok, it's just for me...

i think you'll find that it's just the protective plastic layer on the top of the knob and you can peel that off (:
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

Isaiah

Any info on the AD3208 delay please?
It looks pretty cool, almost like some Buchla synth module (it's probably those banana-jacks!).
How do the circuit bends that you chose expand the use of the pedal?

DWBH

Yeah, I'm curious about that AD3208... Can you give us more info on it, caress?

caress

Quote from: darron on December 06, 2007, 07:29:12 AM
i think you'll find that it's just the protective plastic layer on the top of the knob and you can peel that off (:

i actually always peel off that layer because if you don't it will shrink over time and look kind of nasty...i thought i was scratching the plastic, but nope, it was the metal.   :P

the ad3208 just has some simple modifications:
*the two small knobs control the dry and wet signal, as opposed to a mix pot.
*the two large knobs control the delay time and feedback respectively.
*the small toggle switch has the 1M clock trimmer on one side and another 1M trimmer with a 1M resistor in series on the other side for short/long delay time switching.
*the patchbay in the upper right hand corner is connected to certain pins on the TL072, V3102 and SA571.  more info at my blog... (see signature)
-- the most interesting feature is that you can connect 3 "bend points" together via the pot in the corner and change the resistance between them.  there are definitely some unique sounds there... mostly on the noisy, screechy side and if i made one again, i would probably hard wire the points that i really like and leave out the more screechy connections.

*one useful addition that i chose not to add would be touch points for 1 or 2 of the bends i found.  this could be really useful to a keyboard player because you can apply pressure to the points and manually shift the delay time/pitch in a more organic and subtle way than by turning a pot.

i love banana jacks!

sshrugg

Built: Fuzz Face, Big Muff Pi (Stock), Distortion + (Germanium and Silicon versions)

Mark Hammer

Quote from: caress on December 06, 2007, 01:05:18 PM
-- the most interesting feature is that you can connect 3 "bend points" together via the pot in the corner and change the resistance between them.  there are definitely some unique sounds there... mostly on the noisy, screechy side and if i made one again, i would probably hard wire the points that i really like and leave out the more screechy connections.

*one useful addition that i chose not to add would be touch points for 1 or 2 of the bends i found.  this could be really useful to a keyboard player because you can apply pressure to the points and manually shift the delay time/pitch in a more organic and subtle way than by turning a pot.
It is easy to find older models of car race game peripherals for low prices.  These come with a pair of spring-loaded pedals in a floor unit, in addition to the usual steering-wheel-with-buttons module.  The floor-pedals are what interests most here.  The ones I've seen/bought come with 50k pots.  The nice thing about them is that they always return to the zero point when you take your foot off.  The spring-action, and the large chassis they come in, makes them nicely suited to adapting a delay circuit for "analog Whammy" pitch bending.  One pedal can be for bending up and the other for bending down.  Let either one go, and you return to pitch/default-delay.

Worth thinking about.

cuberius

My first DIY stompbox:

It's a E-H BassBalls clone. (schematic from topopiccione.atspace.com)
Sounds nice.
Samples:
fx off / fx on, distortion off / fx on, distortion on
fx on, distortion off / fx on, distortion on
(sensitivity random :icon_mrgreen:)

Mark Hammer

Cute.  Not so sure about the "masculine" artwork, but I like the ransom-note legending.

As a bass player you will definitely want to replace the 330k resistor to ground in the envelope-follower section with a 47k resistor in series with a 500k variable resistor.  The faster decay in the sweep makes it sound much more synth-like and is much better suited to bass.  The stock decay time is a compromise between what is useful for rhythm guitar and what might be good for bass.  I've made a few of these with variable decay, and it is one of the more useful add-on features.

I'll try and upload some samples this weekend to let you hear what a difference it can make.

cuberius

Quote from: Mark Hammer on December 07, 2007, 12:40:28 PM
As a bass player you will definitely want to replace the 330k resistor to ground in the envelope-follower section with a 47k resistor in series with a 500k variable resistor.  The faster decay in the sweep makes it sound much more synth-like and is much better suited to bass.  The stock decay time is a compromise between what is useful for rhythm guitar and what might be good for bass.  I've made a few of these with variable decay, and it is one of the more useful add-on features.

I'll try and upload some samples this weekend to let you hear what a difference it can make.

I'll try that. Thank you. ;D

caress

Quote from: Mark Hammer on December 07, 2007, 11:29:44 AM
It is easy to find older models of car race game peripherals for low prices.  These come with a pair of spring-loaded pedals in a floor unit, in addition to the usual steering-wheel-with-buttons module.  The floor-pedals are what interests most here.  The ones I've seen/bought come with 50k pots.  The nice thing about them is that they always return to the zero point when you take your foot off.  The spring-action, and the large chassis they come in, makes them nicely suited to adapting a delay circuit for "analog Whammy" pitch bending.  One pedal can be for bending up and the other for bending down.  Let either one go, and you return to pitch/default-delay.

Worth thinking about.

wow.  this is great advice...

bean

My resurrected Mosfet Booster...redo on the circuit and box.

deadspeaker

Homestarrunner! Nice!