Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ambulancevoice

haha atom amp!!! awsome
up and atom!!!
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

cuberius

Albot

"Black Rose" Green ringer  :o :o :o ::) ::) ::)

Guts.. the paper is wraped around the battery to protect the board incase the battery casing is conductive  :icon_rolleyes:

sshrugg

Quote from: cuberius on December 10, 2007, 11:51:06 AM
My MXR Micro Amp clone:

That is really nice.  The name reminds me of Bane's really spiffy Firefly amp build
Built: Fuzz Face, Big Muff Pi (Stock), Distortion + (Germanium and Silicon versions)

cuberius

Quote from: sshrugg on December 11, 2007, 07:10:14 PM
That is really nice.  The name reminds me of Bane's really spiffy Firefly amp build
I haven't seen it before but this amp is waaaay better than mine. :D

Thomeeque

Hi!

Here's my contribution to this lovely thread :)

More hi-res photos documenting genesis of this pedal from the CBG-95 clone (after buying real one) into the phaser (& more! :)) pedal can be found here: http://thmq.mysteria.cz/phaser

Pedal controls speed, knob the color (feedback), 1st switch switches mode (phaser/vibrato) and 2nd switch switches base frequency (Low/High - high creates sort of ring modulator effect).

So far it looks better than it sounds, I'm collecting energy to the next tweaking round ;)

Enjoy! :)
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

Phorhas

My hat is off, sir !

:)
Electron Pusher

Thomeeque

Thanks! :)

Just one small but probably important note: I did not create casing (it's far beyond my mechanical skills ;D), it was gift from my friend, I have no idea what it was before - only guts, pot-twisting mechanism and paint is my work :)

Yes, and GCB-95 not CBG-95 :)
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

birt

Quote from: Thomeeque on December 12, 2007, 05:52:29 AM
Thanks! :)

Just one small but probably important note: I did not create casing (it's far beyond my mechanical skills ;D), it was gift from my friend, I have no idea what it was before - only guts, pot-twisting mechanism and paint is my work :)

Yes, and GCB-95 not CBG-95 :)

the case might have been an old George Dennis case.

Where in Prague do you get your parts? or outside of prague? i was there before summer for the quadriennale someone sent me to this little shop in a mall (Karlovo Namiesti or something like that). it was a good source for old parts. power resistors, Ge stuff, switches... but i can imagine shops outside of prague will be a lot cheaper... and maybe still have tubes.
http://www.last.fm/user/birt/
visit http://www.effectsdatabase.com for info on (allmost) every effect in the world!

Thomeeque

Quotethe case might have been an old George Dennis case.

Hmmm, maybe, but I doubt it - I would say that this pedal is older than George Dennis company :)

QuoteWhere in Prague do you get your parts? or outside of prague? i was there before summer for the quadriennale someone sent me to this little shop in a mall (Karlovo Namiesti or something like that). it was a good source for old parts. power resistors, Ge stuff, switches... but i can imagine shops outside of prague will be a lot cheaper... and maybe still have tubes.

Bad news for you, this lovely small shop on Karlovo Namesti was closed in August this year, due to big rent there as they say on their web (http://icompo.name/ - CZ only) :( I liked this place too, mainly because it was the nearest radio-electronic shop to the place where I work, but it was really unique in more aspects :)

Mostly I go to GM Electronic (http://www.gme.cz/index.php?akce=bezpravaENG) or to GES Electronics (http://www.ges.cz/?ipp=12&lang=en&cur=EUR&or=sort&inc=homepage), these shops are much bigger, prices are imho good and btw. GES has special Tube section in catalog (http://www.ges.cz/?ipp=12&lang=en&cur=EUR&or=sort&page=index&inc=browse&of=1&gcat=XR - not bad, I'd say ;))

bancika

Quote from: cuberius on December 10, 2007, 11:51:06 AM
My MXR Micro Amp clone:

Hey, I've got atom amp too (firefly) :)

Edit: I see someone already recognized it, cool :D

Cheers!
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

cuberius

Quote from: bancika on December 12, 2007, 08:22:48 AM
Edit: I see someone already recognized it, cool :D
Yeah bancika, you were first with the name. I hope you didn't copyright it. :icon_mrgreen:
Sweet build tho.

Quote from: yeeshkul on December 10, 2007, 04:19:55 PM
nice job man, looks retro hehe  :) ;)
Should look more retro now

:D

MarcoMike

and now it looks like you are a bass player... that's a PLUS!!  ;)
Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible.

bancika

Quote from: cuberius on December 12, 2007, 11:35:40 AM
Yeah bancika, you were first with the name. I hope you didn't copyright it. :icon_mrgreen:
Sweet build tho.

Thanks man! It's my first electronics project ever :)
If I were Randall Smith from mesa boogie I'd copyright both circuit (which is not mine at the first place) and name and then sue everyone who touches it.  :icon_lol:

cuberius

Quote from: MarcoMike on December 12, 2007, 01:31:53 PM
and now it looks like you are a bass player... that's a PLUS!!  ;)
Well the minus is that right now I'm trying to make Distortion+ sound good with my Stingray5...

Quote from: bancika on December 12, 2007, 02:35:32 PM
:icon_eek: Respect...

Valoosj

Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

bancika

Quote from: cuberius on December 12, 2007, 04:37:50 PM
Quote from: bancika on December 12, 2007, 02:35:32 PM
:icon_eek: Respect...

Thanks  :icon_redface:
I took it as it was my last project (I just needed one amp) and really gave my best. Guys from ax84 helped allot. But then I got hooked up to electronics and started building stuff :)

greigoroth

Quote from: Valoosj on December 13, 2007, 04:48:11 PM
my new A/B box

Heh heh, I can't help but think EVH whenever I see anything with some sort of pattern like that... cool!

Now stop reading and get back to your pedal board... I can't wait to see/hear the outcome!
Built: GGG Green Ringer

Valoosj

Quote from: greigoroth on December 14, 2007, 06:42:58 AM
Quote from: Valoosj on December 13, 2007, 04:48:11 PM
my new A/B box

Heh heh, I can't help but think EVH whenever I see anything with some sort of pattern like that... cool!

Now stop reading and get back to your pedal board... I can't wait to see/hear the outcome!

I didn't have EVH in mind, but now that you mention it.
This is the only thing I could build for my board already, my etchant still hasn't come in >:(, and my exams are creeping up.
It might take a while before I get anything else finished...
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

bean