SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andre

Quote from: DBDbadreligion on January 02, 2008, 07:06:41 PM
Hey Man,

I really like your pedal board design.  Did you make it?  If so how much would you say it cost you to make it?
Also is your wah-wah pedal Velcro on to the board?  If so what did you have to do to get it to Velcro it?

I glued a piece of 9mm plywood, which is just a little thicker than the rubber feet, underneath my wah
and put the velcro on that.
Works fine for me.

André

MarcoMike

same 4 me! not plywood but a piece of plastic, works great!
Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible.

rikkards

Quote from: MarcoMike on January 03, 2008, 06:26:39 AM

I used to have a pedalboard that I bought with a bunch of pedals on it, what the guy had done was cut a piece of thin sheet metal that overlaid the board. He removed the backs of the pedals and drilled holes that matched up on said sheet metal with each of the pedals and attached the pedals directly to the sheetmetal. This was then attached to the top of the board. He had countersunk some holes in the pedal board to allow the screws to rest on the board without sticking out. Worked quite well and obviously had been planned out. Ended up selling the board and the pedals for about the price of buying a used Boss GT-6.

I got a router this year for Xmas and I am thinking of building one for about 5 pedals (4 1590BB and 1 1590B).
Pedals built: Kay Fuzztone, Fuzz Face, Foxx Tone Machine, May Queen, Buffer/Booster, ROG Thor, BSIAB2, ROG Supreaux,  Electrictab JCM800 Emulator, ROG Eighteen
Present Project: '98 Jeep TJ

DBDbadreligion

Quote from: rikkards on January 03, 2008, 08:01:03 AM

I used to have a pedalboard that I bought with a bunch of pedals on it, what the guy had done was cut a piece of thin sheet metal that overlaid the board. He removed the backs of the pedals and drilled holes that matched up on said sheet metal with each of the pedals and attached the pedals directly to the sheetmetal. This was then attached to the top of the board. He had countersunk some holes in the pedal board to allow the screws to rest on the board without sticking out. Worked quite well and obviously had been planned out. Ended up selling the board and the pedals for about the price of buying a used Boss GT-6.

I got a router this year for Xmas and I am thinking of building one for about 5 pedals (4 1590BB and 1 1590B).
those are all really great ideas.
i think I will try using the plastic.
Nick Landt

DBDbadreligion@gmail.com

rikkards

I thought so as well but looking into suggestions on this forum, if you do a lot of gigging, the method used on my old one to attach them were a little too permanent because if something died and you wanted to swap it out for another spare you would have some issues as there wasn't enough room to pull out the cables once they were attached. Also easy swapping was not possible. Something to keep in mind. If you are a guitar noodler at home like myself then it isn't much of a concern.

Quote from: DBDbadreligion on January 03, 2008, 08:46:27 PM
Quote from: rikkards on January 03, 2008, 08:01:03 AM

those are all really great ideas.
i think I will try using the plastic.
Pedals built: Kay Fuzztone, Fuzz Face, Foxx Tone Machine, May Queen, Buffer/Booster, ROG Thor, BSIAB2, ROG Supreaux,  Electrictab JCM800 Emulator, ROG Eighteen
Present Project: '98 Jeep TJ

AzzR

My pedalboard is just MDF sheets. One piece with all the pedals on it and another at the back to support the board on an angle. Covered the whole thing with felt and have velcro'd all the pedals so they stay. The board has slots cut in it so that I can hide excess cable. If you do this carefull with your slots because as expected they significantly weaken the board. Works well for me though since I dont stomp the crap outta it. Takes my weight which is all that matters
A Broken Clock Is Right Twice A Day

petemoore

Mine has pedals mounted on 1'' x 3'' boards [one each for elevated back and front row].
  Then I mount all the box bottoms on those, which leaves the bottom mounting plate screws all accessible, to remove a pedal, I just tip the whole pedalboard unit on it's side, remove 4 screws, 3 jacks..it's out.
  I had to use ultra hardwood for the 'spanners'..3/4'' strips of teac, glued And screwed, to connect and keep the 3 boards which run from right to left rigidly square.

Side view...

P E D A ls
                            Board
P E D A LS               I  I
    Board_________Board

the '_________' is the teac, the board on the right bottom is there for assembly/rigidity, so the top left board has something to hold to, the 'I I' is two short blocks of 2x4..pillars for the 'step up' backrow of pedals...inbetween those pillars is a Pedalboard Power II +.
  Fairly simple, lightweight, strong, allows pedals to come and go easily as they please...mostly, a couple tight spots in the top board requires a screw bit turned by hand [then pliers for the last 'wedge-turn' on the screw]...that's all theres room for...I call it a 'compromise' instead of an 'oversight'.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

evilpaul

I built the Gus Smalley NPN Boost yesterday. I normally etch, but I enjoyed doing a perf layout, I'll have to try it again in the future.
I've started on gaussmarkov's "DOD 250 on a breadboard" project too. I don't consider myself a beginner, but it was really enjoyable to put together a nice easy circuit and learning how to prototype better is a definite plus.

The tin was something I picked up from the $2 store last week, it's only 3cm deep, so I think it would stand up pretty well if I used a stompswitch, I just didn't have one handy.

kurtlives

Vero boards waiting for the off-board. MKII (germs in the mail), Fulltone Fat Boost and Dan Armstrong Orange Squeezer

I decided a few days to organize my shop a bit. More better now, makes working much easier.

My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

Valoosj

My active volumepedal. Guts can be found in my pedalboard thread (see sig).

I still have to get used to the knob, I was so stupid to cut off the rubbers, so it's very sensitive to switch when you don't want it to.
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

moro

Quote from: Valoosj on January 06, 2008, 04:22:55 PM
I still have to get used to the knob, I was so stupid to cut off the rubbers, so it's very sensitive to switch when you don't want it to.

Do you mean the little rubber pads on the bottom of the rocker pedal? I've been considering removing those on my Crybaby because I have to practically stand on top of the thing to turn it on / off.

I guess it's a bad idea?

momo

Quote from: Valoosj on January 06, 2008, 04:22:55 PM
My active volumepedal. Guts can be found in my pedalboard thread (see sig).

Yea I did the same thing because I wanted more sweep action, turns out I could of glued the bits back, but I like the extra range I get and got used to it without hitting the switch while using it.
"Alas to those who die with their song still in them."

moro

MarkM Hearthrob:

I was having volume issues so I stuck an LPB-1 after it and that seems to work great. Though if I'd planned a little better, I could have stuck it all on one board. (The LPB-1 is that little blue board.)

jayp5150

Quote from: moro on January 06, 2008, 05:51:25 PM
Do you mean the little rubber pads on the bottom of the rocker pedal? I've been considering removing those on my Crybaby because I have to practically stand on top of the thing to turn it on / off.

I guess it's a bad idea?

I always trim mine down by half, then adjust the switch to compensate--one of those preference things lol.

Quote from: evilpaul on January 04, 2008, 10:51:56 PM
The tin was something I picked up from the $2 store last week, it's only 3cm deep, so I think it would stand up pretty well if I used a stompswitch, I just didn't have one handy.

That's a cool tin. When I've built stuff into not-so-sturdy cases (like Fossil watch tins), I made a bracket out of sheet metal that helped to support the top where the switch is--mounted it right on the switch, and extended the sheet metal to the bottom--like a small piece of angle iron... but sheetmetal lol.

Valoosj

I tried adjusting the pedal, but it's not that easy. I'll try again tomorrow.
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

PerroGrande

The most exciting PCB for me in quite a while...

Well, we all have to start somewhere!

My first SMT build -- an AMZ Mosfet Boost for inside one of my guitars.  And it even worked!   ;D   

I know -- it is kinda sloppy (and I kinda got carried away tinning the grounds -- but it was kinda fun...).  My technique got better as I went along -- I've never used a hot-air station before, and I'm not sure of temperatures, nozzles, etc.  But I'm learning!   (And yes, it is missing one cap (47pf) -- will be added later. The resistors are 1206 size, which aren't so bad.  However, the caps are 0805 size, which are a bit harder to deal with.)

jakenold

Quote from: moro on January 06, 2008, 05:58:19 PM
MarkM Hearthrob:

I was having volume issues so I stuck an LPB-1 after it and that seems to work great. Though if I'd planned a little better, I could have stuck it all on one board. (The LPB-1 is that little blue board.)

Beautiful. How did you paint that?

andrew_k

Quote from: moro on January 06, 2008, 05:58:19 PM
MarkM Hearthrob:

How are the mounting screws attached to the case? I've not yet worked out a way of getting good clearance of the pots/jacks/etc  :icon_confused:

ambulancevoice

if you look closely you can see glue holding the stands in place
epoxy or jbweld maybe?? or hot glue
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

Papa_lazerous

Quote from: PerroGrande on January 06, 2008, 07:49:10 PM
The most exciting PCB for me in quite a while...

My first SMT build -- an AMZ Mosfet Boost for inside one of my guitars.  And it even worked!   ;D   

I know -- it is kinda sloppy (and I kinda got carried away tinning the grounds -- but it was kinda fun...).  My technique got better as I went along -- I've never used a hot-air station before, and I'm not sure of temperatures, nozzles, etc.  But I'm learning!   (And yes, it is missing one cap (47pf) -- will be added later. The resistors are 1206 size, which aren't so bad.  However, the caps are 0805 size, which are a bit harder to deal with.)

Truly amazing, I want to mess with surface mounts sometime not sure what to buy though, or if its cheaper??