SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moro

Quote from: jakenold on January 06, 2008, 07:56:32 PM
Beautiful. How did you paint that?

Thanks. It's a pedalpartsplus powdercoat. Their metallic / flake finishes are pretty nice.

Quote from: andrew_k on January 06, 2008, 08:33:08 PM
How are the mounting screws attached to the case? I've not yet worked out a way of getting good clearance of the pots/jacks/etc  :icon_confused:

It's JB Weld. Before I solder any wires, I screw the standoffs on to the board, put a little dab of JB Weld on each one, then set the whole thing into place and let it sit overnight.

For the standard 16mm Alpha pots, I think 0.375" standoffs are the smallest that'll give you clearance. I used 0.500" standoffs on this one, but with those, you have to watch the capacitor / transistor heights or you won't be able to put the lid on the enclosure.

moro

Quote from: PerroGrande on January 06, 2008, 07:49:10 PM
The most exciting PCB for me in quite a while...

Wow, that is ridiculously small. You could fit an entire pedalboard in your guitar!

Very cool.

andrew_k

Thanks for the info moro  :)

greigoroth

Where did you get those knobs from moro, they rule!!!

Cleanest design I have seen in a while!

/M

Quote from: moro on January 06, 2008, 09:24:41 PM
Quote from: jakenold on January 06, 2008, 07:56:32 PM
Beautiful. How did you paint that?

Thanks. It's a pedalpartsplus powdercoat. Their metallic / flake finishes are pretty nice.

Quote from: andrew_k on January 06, 2008, 08:33:08 PM
How are the mounting screws attached to the case? I've not yet worked out a way of getting good clearance of the pots/jacks/etc  :icon_confused:

It's JB Weld. Before I solder any wires, I screw the standoffs on to the board, put a little dab of JB Weld on each one, then set the whole thing into place and let it sit overnight.

For the standard 16mm Alpha pots, I think 0.375" standoffs are the smallest that'll give you clearance. I used 0.500" standoffs on this one, but with those, you have to watch the capacitor / transistor heights or you won't be able to put the lid on the enclosure.
Built: GGG Green Ringer

snoof

Quote from: moro on January 06, 2008, 05:58:19 PM
MarkM Hearthrob:

I was having volume issues so I stuck an LPB-1 after it and that seems to work great. Though if I'd planned a little better, I could have stuck it all on one board. (The LPB-1 is that little blue board.)

I'm having volume issues on my version as well.  I didn't want to have to resort to adding a boost, but may have to i guess :icon_cry:

~arph

OT: Looking at MarkM's layout I'd guess lowering R4 a bit might help too..

Back on topic:

My latest creation..
Univibed phase 45, with blend mod. (depth knob). Guts shown before actual fitting. this was a pre-wire test. Battery is now between the two jacks. It's one of the tightest fits I did so far.

EDIT: guts added

bancika

Quote from: Papa_lazerous on January 06, 2008, 08:55:07 PM
Truly amazing, I want to mess with surface mounts sometime not sure what to buy though, or if its cheaper?? 

it's probably cheaper, behringer wouldn't use SMT if it wasn't :)
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

Papa_lazerous

Quote from: bancika on January 07, 2008, 12:14:14 PM
Quote from: Papa_lazerous on January 06, 2008, 08:55:07 PM
Truly amazing, I want to mess with surface mounts sometime not sure what to buy though, or if its cheaper?? 

it's probably cheaper, behringer wouldn't use SMT if it wasn't :)

haha although SMT is easier for automated production

Dragonfly

An older build of mine...kinda "beat up" now !

QUICKIE SOUND SAMPLE DEMO !

;D

ambulancevoice

Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

foxfire

nice sound clip. besides how it sounds and looks, i really like those knobs. which i think makes me a knob?

moro

Quote from: greigoroth on January 07, 2008, 10:35:56 AM

Thanks! The knobs are from Mouser. Part # 450-ME71.

moro

Dragonfly, that is beautiful. How did you do that finish?

Dragonfly

Quote from: moro on January 07, 2008, 09:58:18 PM

thanks...its multicolor / gold leaf under clearcoat...a bit delicate, as i only put a couple coats of clear on it though.

i might do more, but i'll definitely use more coats of clear to help prevent chipping !  :D

Dragonfly

Quote from: moro on January 07, 2008, 09:57:06 PM
Quote from: greigoroth on January 07, 2008, 10:35:56 AM

Thanks! The knobs are from Mouser. Part # 450-ME71.

bookmarked !  great look !

Dragonfly

a different light source makes it look like this....

moro

Quote from: Dragonfly on January 07, 2008, 10:00:51 PM
thanks...its multicolor / gold leaf under clearcoat...a bit delicate, as i only put a couple coats of clear on it though.

i might do more, but i'll definitely use more coats of clear to help prevent chipping !  :D

Ah! I've wondered about doing an enclosure in gold or silver leaf. I may have to try this. :icon_biggrin:

jakenold

Quote from: Dragonfly on January 07, 2008, 10:00:51 PM
Quote from: moro on January 07, 2008, 09:58:18 PM

Who sells that gold leaf paint? It's stunning!

Barcode80

it's not paint, it is actual gold leaf, unless i am mistaken... then covered with clear coat.

Dragonfly

Quote from: Barcode80 on January 07, 2008, 11:13:13 PM
it's not paint, it is actual gold leaf, unless i am mistaken... then covered with clear coat.

yep.