News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakenold

That's fantastic!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to see some of your working techniques and pictorials. I'm stunned.

Jake

PerroGrande

SMT Prices aren't too bad.  I bought a resistor and capacitor kit from Sure Electronics (EBay) and got the electrolytics from another e-bayer (although I'm going to just buy a bunch from Mouser).  Transistors, op-amps, and the like, I just ordered from Mouser.  Certainly similar price-wise to through-hole stuff, if not a bit cheaper in some cases.  There are also some cool things available in SMT that I haven't seen in through-hole.  Like, for example, the SMT version of the 4148 diode actually has a variant (the SE suffix) that is a symmetric clipping circuit in one package.  Neat!

That silly board took me almost an hour -- I've GOT to improve my SMT technique (it has nowhere to go but up).  A through-hole board for the same circuit would take me less than 5 minutes to assemble and solder (not counting board fabrication time).  The SMT boards are actually easier to fabricate -- a much simpler drill layer to mess with!

mfergel

Kind of crappy pics since the flash washes out the picture.  Engraved the design in it.  Very nice, subtle almost univibe like sound.

ambulancevoice

Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

EunosFD

Quote from: Barcode80 on January 07, 2008, 11:13:13 PM
it's not paint, it is actual gold leaf, unless i am mistaken... then covered with clear coat.

Actually it appears to be variegated leaf which is a composition leaf material (usually mostly copper IIRC).  It's still applied & treated basically the same though (bole, size, leaf, clear) & it comes in a bunch of different colors, finishes, & patterns.  Very cool looking stuff and a fantastic looking & sounding pedal Dragonfly.   :icon_cool:

smnm

not an etch, just a press n peel toner transfer, clearcoated; my first attempt. The graphic is a bit distorted as it's from a photo of an original I found on the DAM forum. I didn't build the circuit inside - bought it off Jeff Musser - but it's cool, a 1966 british Ge fuzz in the Maestro Fuzztone/ Tone Bender tradition.

Hamfist

Quote from: Dragonfly on January 07, 2008, 10:00:51 PM
Quote from: moro on January 07, 2008, 09:58:18 PM
Dragonfly, that is beautiful. How did you do that finish?

thanks...its multicolor / gold leaf under clearcoat...a bit delicate, as i only put a couple coats of clear on it though.

i might do more, but i'll definitely use more coats of clear to help prevent chipping !  :D

Nice!  Trying gold leaf has been on my "to do" list for a while.  I want to try using it for lettering... 60's hotrod/gasser style.  Should be a bit of a challenge on such a small platform (translation:  probably more trouble than it's worth). 

Dragonfly

Quote from: Hamfist on January 08, 2008, 08:29:29 PM
Quote from: Dragonfly on January 07, 2008, 10:00:51 PM
Quote from: moro on January 07, 2008, 09:58:18 PM
Dragonfly, that is beautiful. How did you do that finish?

thanks...its multicolor / gold leaf under clearcoat...a bit delicate, as i only put a couple coats of clear on it though.

i might do more, but i'll definitely use more coats of clear to help prevent chipping !  :D

Nice!  Trying gold leaf has been on my "to do" list for a while.  I want to try using it for lettering... 60's hotrod/gasser style.  Should be a bit of a challenge on such a small platform (translation:  probably more trouble than it's worth). 

I'm sure you'll make it look WAY better than I did.
NOW I could do a better job than 2-3 years ago when I built that pedal though, so I might try gold leaf again...

nico13

QuoteInsert Quote

not an etch, just a press n peel toner transfer, clearcoated; my first attempt. The graphic is a bit distorted as it's from a photo of an original I found on the DAM forum. I didn't build the circuit inside - bought it off Jeff Musser - but it's cool, a 1966 british Ge fuzz in the Maestro Fuzztone/ Tone Bender tradition.

Really nice etching.

Do you have a sounclip available.

I'm just curious to know how it sounds.

darron

Quote from: nico13 on January 09, 2008, 07:00:30 AM
QuoteInsert Quote

Really nice etching.

it's about the pictures more than the text i guess (:
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

smnm

Quote from: nico13 link=topic=36392.msg506561#msg506561 date=1199880030

/quote]

I'm just tracking down the original transistors - I have 3 different ones in there now (OC75 + AC128 + NKT213 seems to be the optimum combination, but all three are quite low gain - around 60).  Sounds pretty good with these though, although the fuzz needs to be full on to get a good sound.

The orig has 3 x 2N2613 - I've ordered 6 online from Cicon Electronics and will post a clip when I'm done.

Simon

Victor

Rebote 2.5 w/ LFO:

All together:

"I don't know if my mom had sex with Ted Nugent, but I feel like his son......" - Zakk Wylde

kurtlives

What exactly is the Remote 2.5?
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

DWBH

It's not Remote 2.5 ;D It's Rebote 2.5.

It's a digital delay. Check tonepad.com

kurtlives

It looks like you did some mods????
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

reggaestylee9103

This is my second build, a runoffgroove.com Mr. EQ with milienium bypass switching from generalguitargadgets.com I like the paint and decals on this one

disto

Quote from: Victor on January 09, 2008, 03:27:00 PM
Rebote 2.5 w/ LFO

very nice, im guessing that one of the foot switches is for the LFO and the other as a bypass? also is the 'repeat' switch disengaging the repeat pot for a pre chosen resistor value for the repeat control? any sound clips?

~arph

Quote from: Dragonfly on January 07, 2008, 07:18:40 PM
An older build of mine...kinda "beat up" now !

QUICKIE SOUND SAMPLE DEMO !
;D

I just listened to the clip.. wow. reminds me a lot of built to spill

http://www.builttospill.com/

Dragonfly

Quote from: ~arph on January 10, 2008, 11:37:26 AM
Quote from: Dragonfly on January 07, 2008, 07:18:40 PM
An older build of mine...kinda "beat up" now !

QUICKIE SOUND SAMPLE DEMO !
;D

I just listened to the clip.. wow. reminds me a lot of built to spill

http://www.builttospill.com/

Now you're gonna make me blush...it was just a quick demo i made in about 5 minutes, including programming the drums !   :icon_redface:

Victor

Quote from: disto on January 10, 2008, 11:26:12 AM
Quote from: Victor on January 09, 2008, 03:27:00 PM
Rebote 2.5 w/ LFO

very nice, im guessing that one of the foot switches is for the LFO and the other as a bypass? also is the 'repeat' switch disengaging the repeat pot for a pre chosen resistor value for the repeat control? any sound clips?

Yes , you're right. But I dont have have any samples yet.  :-[

"I don't know if my mom had sex with Ted Nugent, but I feel like his son......" - Zakk Wylde