News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxfire

i'm one of the ones that does believe in mojo.

Dragonfly

Quote from: foxfire on January 12, 2008, 02:17:42 PM
i'm one of the ones that does believe in mojo.

Well...if you've got parts to trade, I have tons of stuff...check the "sale / trade" forum !  :D

cathexis

Quote from: slacker on January 12, 2008, 08:52:11 AM
Very nice, looks way better than mine :)

Thanks Slacker, the Echo Base is one of my absolute favourite pedals! When I make my second one I won't rush it so much - everything on that box came out crooked :) It's a great design, fits easily in a BB and it sounds great. Just a little vibrato on the repeats and that little bit of grit that's inherent to the chip makes you never want to put the guitar down.
The Slackfilter is on my to-build list for sure...

Quote from: rikkards on January 12, 2008, 09:54:04 AM
Really impressive artistry with all of your pedals. I wish I was that imaginative! I have to ask two questions:
1. What software do you use for creating your pedal art?
2. What is the font you used for the Marshall script and where did you get it!! I just built a Thor pedal and was thinking of using the same font.

I make everything in Illustrator, can't beat that. The Marshall logo is probably an EPS file from http://brandsoftheworld.com/

rikkards

Quote from: cathexis on January 12, 2008, 02:38:16 PM

Quote from: rikkards on January 12, 2008, 09:54:04 AM
Really impressive artistry with all of your pedals. I wish I was that imaginative! I have to ask two questions:
1. What software do you use for creating your pedal art?
2. What is the font you used for the Marshall script and where did you get it!! I just built a Thor pedal and was thinking of using the same font.

I make everything in Illustrator, can't beat that. The Marshall logo is probably an EPS file from http://brandsoftheworld.com/

Thanks for the response. I might have to check Illustrator out. I was hoping you had used a font I have found close fonts through Google but none quite right enough.
Pedals built: Kay Fuzztone, Fuzz Face, Foxx Tone Machine, May Queen, Buffer/Booster, ROG Thor, BSIAB2, ROG Supreaux,  Electrictab JCM800 Emulator, ROG Eighteen
Present Project: '98 Jeep TJ

Victor

Quote from: disto on January 11, 2008, 07:20:53 AM
id love to hear some samples.

which part of the signal is the LFO effecting? does it effect the original signal, the delay signal, or both?

Sample here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/83285710/rebotedelayzakk.mp3.html

"I don't know if my mom had sex with Ted Nugent, but I feel like his son......" - Zakk Wylde

disto

Quote from: Victor on January 12, 2008, 03:48:45 PM

which part of the signal is the LFO effecting? does it effect the original signal, the delay signal, or both?

Sample here:

thanks yeah it sounds really interesting, i must have a go at the Rebote i built a PT-80 but never actually had a go at the Rebote. The LFO sounds like an interesting addition.

lol your sound demo it opened in itunes, once it finished it went straight into the monkey island theme song and fitted as if it was ment to be... ;D

mfergel

Well, my second etch didn't come out as clean as my first but it still looks cool enough.  I decided to etch the graphic of the MXR Zakk Wylde pedal.  Think I'll ink in the bullseye as well.  Kind of has a heavy grunge look to it.

Dragonfly

Quote from: Dragonfly on January 11, 2008, 11:57:11 PM
Here's a "sneak peek" at something I'm building for a friend...I'll update with full build and sound clip soon...

I started on the enclosure for this tonight...it's my first "swirl" job. I did it WAY differently than all the articles suggest, and I still have a few bugs to work out. I still have to let it dry, fine sand it, and clear coat it. Anyway, here's what it looks like "so far" without any clear coat or anything...I think it will look really great once its all shiny and "buffed up" !  :D

( I also need to learn to use my new camera better !)

moro

Quote from: Dragonfly on January 12, 2008, 09:29:14 PM
I started on the enclosure for this tonight...it's my first "swirl" job. I did it WAY differently than all the articles suggest, and I still have a few bugs to work out. I still have to let it dry, fine sand it, and clear coat it. Anyway, here's what it looks like "so far" without any clear coat or anything...I think it will look really great once its all shiny and "buffed up" !  :D

It looks like that site doesn't allow direct links? I can't see the images. :icon_confused:

Also, what are those two black round things in the middle of your board?

Dragonfly

Quote from: moro on January 12, 2008, 10:03:21 PM
Quote from: Dragonfly on January 12, 2008, 09:29:14 PM

It looks like that site doesn't allow direct links? I can't see the images. :icon_confused:

Also, what are those two black round things in the middle of your board?

I'm not sure why they didnt post..it should be ok now...

the "black round things" are the transistors !  :)

bean

Here's a "sneak peek" at something I'm building for a friend...I'll update with full build and sound clip soon...

Is it a FF with fixed gain?  :icon_lol:

ambulancevoice

Quote from: bean on January 13, 2008, 01:11:18 AM

Is it a FF with fixed gain?  :icon_lol:
its probably some sort of ff type circuit
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

moro

Quote from: Dragonfly on January 12, 2008, 11:05:10 PM
I'm not sure why they didnt post..it should be ok now...

It looks nice. Should look great with a clear coat.

Valoosj

These things look a lot like sweets. Very nice.
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

momiel

Quote from: Dragonfly on January 12, 2008, 01:50:34 PM
Quote from: foxfire on January 12, 2008, 12:28:31 PM

i just made that my backround.

:)

Looks like candy !

Even if you don't like "mojo", you've gotta love the way the parts "look" !

I don't believe in mojo. I think the spiderwebs in my 60s FBT do really make it sound good.
I'm sorry but my English sucks!

Freaking with real fuzz boxes...

Victor

Quote from: disto on January 12, 2008, 06:55:36 PM
Quote from: Victor on January 12, 2008, 03:48:45 PM

Sample here:

thanks yeah it sounds really interesting, i must have a go at the Rebote i built a PT-80 but never actually had a go at the Rebote. The LFO sounds like an interesting addition.

lol your sound demo it opened in itunes, once it finished it went straight into the monkey island theme song and fitted as if it was ment to be... ;D

thanks

The LFO sound begins at 03:18 and goes until 03:49, in Smooth mode, for a pseudo-chorused sound. After that, I engage Insane mode till 04:25 to sound like a noise generator or something similar.

"I don't know if my mom had sex with Ted Nugent, but I feel like his son......" - Zakk Wylde

kurtlives

Quote from: mfergel on January 12, 2008, 08:01:15 PM
Well, my second etch didn't come out as clean as my first but it still looks cool enough.  I decided to etch the graphic of the MXR Zakk Wylde pedal.  Think I'll ink in the bullseye as well.  Kind of has a heavy grunge look to it.

Where did you get the design for the etch?
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

Aussiepappy

Hi Everyone!
Just newly signed up. Love do it yourself stuff. Done it with guitars, now moving onto Amps and Pedals. My first pedal build was a Phase 90 clone from a pcb bought from BYOC. It worked first go so it got me pumped to try more. So the next pedal was a fuzz face. Easy as, but it sounds horrible compared to my first pedal, must check my soldering! Now have 2 more in the works, BSIAB2 from GGG and Noise Gate from Tonepad. Ive read a bit about how people are having problems getting that noisegate working.. something to look forward to. I paint my pedals and have them ready for the builds. Here they are. As you can see I have a Van Halen fetish!

Fuzz Face with my sons face on front!

My Phase 90 build, striped up ala EVH

The Noisegate casing for the Callate Gate 2. It says Hush above knob

BSIAB2. This should be ready this week.

While Im at it, would like to introduce you to the "family"

From left to right:-
5150 build from a body and neck made for me by Frankenstraat.
VH1 guitar built from parts - given to stepson for Graduation present - building another!!
VH2 kids guitar, made for my son!
Jackson Rhoads build from parts - Love that blue flame.. sadly had to sell recently  :icon_cry:
Epiphone USA Pro 80's model (Store bought!) Made in USA, rare guitar, love it to death!
Zakk Wylde Bullseye built from parts
Les Paul copy built from parts
Takamine Jasmine acoustic/electric (Store bought!)
Crate PowerBlock
Hand made speaker cab by me for the crate loaded with 120w Eminence Red White & Blue speaker
JTM45 Header and 4x12 speaker cab. This one is hand build by me and will be handwired also. Cab has 4 25w Jensen C12R's. Not yet working, need output tranny and will then wire this baby up.

Close up of the Powerblock and "Wildcat" speaker cab. Logo is from a Buick Wildcat!

Close up of the JTM45.

I know my wife shakes her head at me with all these builds, but I love it.. Its great going from project to project. Im looking at an Compressor pedal build now, probably an Orange Squeezer! There is a huge wealth of talent on here, Im am just amazed at how some of your pedals are turning out, pure works of art!! Im still really green when it comes to these, but hoping to learn a lot more!

Pappy

Dragonfly

Todays "experimental" finish....

akc1973

Quote from: cathexis on January 11, 2008, 01:34:38 PM
Hi everybody!

Bass Balls

Five knob fuzz... slightly censored :)

Dual booster, no name here either...

Echo Base! Build it!

The Guv'nor

Highway 89, the icelandic way

A Neutron, really...

Phase 90

Small Clone, cycling RGB LED in the ping pong ball :)

Tone Bender

Tube Screamer

Nothing above could have been made without the help and knowledge this forum offers, THANK YOU!!!

See y'all,

LARS

Absolutely great buch of pedals there, dude. You have defnitely got your own style!
Builds: Bazz Fuss, Orange Squeezer, Omega, Green Ringer, Dist+, X-Fuzz