News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonfly

Quote from: bean on January 16, 2008, 08:15:40 PM
I like the buss wiring...do you find it to be pretty stable? I have some thin buss, but have stayed away from using it for routing.

It seems to hold up really well...better than stranded, IMO, because it doesnt move at all...its a PITA to use though, as it takes WAY more time.

Dragonfly

Quote from: Gila_Crisis on January 17, 2008, 03:46:32 AM
yeah this sound really cool!!! what is ti exactly?

FF

Q1: 2n2369
Q2: CV7112
10k bias pot.

no mojo or magic, just a straight forward circuit. :)

yeeshkul

man that SOUNDS! :) i am going to buy some of these tomorrow .. er i mean the trannies  ;D

ItZaLLgOOd

This was my entry for the December FX-X.  It's a Multi-Face with red and green clipping diodes.  I made the enclosure with 4" PVC pipe and stainless steel.

Lifes to short for cheap beer

Used666

Distortus Maximus is done  ;D

ambulancevoice

horray!~!!!!@$@!!@!@
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

Thomas3D

My first finished pedal.

Used a matched FET from Frys

before i changed the numbering on the 45, also showing the bump effect by painting over vinyl lettering.

Final

there is a clear coat over the lettering as well.

exhausted

a bluesbreaker and companion fuzz from GGG.

niggez

i LOVE that calvin and hobbes thing! AWSOME! How did you make it? Did you print it on paper, and then a clear finish over it?

exhausted

yeah, that's pretty much it.  found the font and graphic online.  printed it onto label paper and cleared it.

petemoore

Really nice graphic color displayon the 45...
  are these FET's are matched for Vgsoff ?
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

balance

Here's my latest build. Nothing special really. It's a Fetzer Deluxe built on perf. This is my first attempt at etching an enclosure. It leaves a bit to be desired, but has that "vintage" look. Honestly, I'm not too concern with looks because this thing sounds awesome. I tried many FETs. Measuring the Vp and Idss for each, and biasing accordingly. I don't have easy access to J201s, but from the FETs I had on hand, I ended up using a 2sk54. I left the trimmers and socket in there for future testing, but I like the way this FET sounds. Very useful as a cleanish boost. I'm playing a tele into a black-face Bandmaster and the Fetzer compliments them very nicely.

Top.  Notice the pock marks. I didn't use PnP blue. This was actually done with magazine paper. In the past I've had great luck with photo paper for pcbs, but it's been gunking up my printer. I thought I'd try magazine paper just to see. I'll not be using it again.

Guts.  It's a bit messy, I know. I use rubber from old bicycle tire tubes to insulate various components (under the board and between the battery and the switch). This was a tight squeeze in a 1590B mostly because I did not plan things well. I drilled the holes more for aesthetics than practicality. I'll know for next time.

arma61

Improved EATremolo . unfortunately enclosure was drilled before planning the guts, so I couldn't fine anymore space for the PCB, it will stay hanging there with some rubber tape to insulate any possible shortcircuit.

its Gut  :icon_rolleyes: I know! I know!, spaghetti wiring, but I'm Italian and I love spaghetti!!, then when it's closed who cares, it's for my pedalboard!

DynaComp

its guts (another dish of spaghetti)

Ciao
Armando
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

ambulancevoice

Quote from: Thomas3D on January 19, 2008, 06:31:26 PM
My first finished pedal.

before i changed the numbering on the 45, also showing the bump effect by painting over vinyl lettering.

Final

there is a clear coat over the lettering as well.

pleaseeeeee post some gut shots! please!!

ambulancevoice

Quote from: arma61 on January 20, 2008, 07:51:16 AM
its Gut  :icon_rolleyes: I know! I know!, spaghetti wiring, but I'm Italian and I love spaghetti!!, then when it's closed who cares, it's for my pedalboard!

Ciao
Armando

...feel proud

Renegadrian

Quote from: arma61 on January 20, 2008, 07:51:16 AM

Ciao
Armando

Ciao Armando - Complimenti, bei lavori!!! Nice works!!!
Adriano
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

arma61

Grazie Adriano, I'm still searching for the right technique to be used, DynaComp is a standard white laser paper only it is selfadhesive covered with a plastic film but the paper was very old. Tremolo is just a standard white laser paper printed with an I J printer then attached to the enclosure with bi-adhesive tape! (that's terrible, you cannot move/shift at all, and you can see from the picture), then 3 coats of lacquer., not bad anyway. Next time I'll try with painted enclosure and then transparent paper on top.

Ciao
Armando
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

Volkmar

what's a shit?

Valoosj

Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

ezanker

Here is my recently completed Java Boost.  I built it for a friend whose last name is Sitton and he found a coffee company on the web called Cafe Sitton.  So I approximated their logo in the graphic.

I built this on perfboard using my own layout which is posted on Bancika's site as Java Boost (Keeley) by EZanker ( http://www.storm-software.co.yu/diy/index.php?project=layouts )

Erik