SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas3D

here you go

tight fit, jammed in there, board insulated from the case with electrical tape

here is the matched jfet (its one unit) so i make an adapter so i could fit it in the stock locations on the board

balance

Quote from: balance on January 19, 2008, 10:49:25 PM
Here's my latest build. Nothing special really. It's a Fetzer Deluxe built on perf. This is my first attempt at etching an enclosure. It leaves a bit to be desired, but has that "vintage" look. Honestly, I'm not too concern with looks because this thing sounds awesome. I tried many FETs. Measuring the Vp and Idss for each, and biasing accordingly. I don't have easy access to J201s, but from the FETs I had on hand, I ended up using a 2sk54. I left the trimmers and socket in there for future testing, but I like the way this FET sounds. Very useful as a cleanish boost. I'm playing a tele into a black-face Bandmaster and the Fetzer compliments them very nicely.

Top.  Notice the pock marks. I didn't use PnP blue. This was actually done with magazine paper. In the past I've had great luck with photo paper for pcbs, but it's been gunking up my printer. I thought I'd try magazine paper just to see. I'll not be using it again.

Guts.  It's a bit messy, I know. I use rubber from old bicycle tire tubes to insulate various components (under the board and between the battery and the switch). This was a tight squeeze in a 1590B mostly because I did not plan things well. I drilled the holes more for aesthetics than practicality. I'll know for next time.

Sorry, I busted my host's bandwidth limitations. I've since posted the photos on Flicker here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/80268783@N00/sets/72157603762665651

niggez

Quote from: exhausted on January 19, 2008, 06:37:21 PM
a bluesbreaker and companion fuzz from GGG.

what does your thin/fat switch trigger on the calvin&hobbes fuzz? Hope its ok with you, inspired by your idea i put the same image on my Fuzz :) It looks awsome, great idea! My fuzz is an MK2, with a switch to skip the first transistor to basically turn it into a fuzz face. Is your thin/fat switch a similar feature? Ill post pictures as soon as the paint is dry and i can put the thing back together.

exhausted

the thin/fat on my companion fuzz switches the input capacitor from the stock 0.047uF to a .47uF which makes it sound a bit more full for bass guitar.  there's probably a more sophisticated way to go about that but it works for me.

as for the image, it's all good unless bill watterson hunts us down.

jswingchun

I finished my first pedal this weekend. It is a blender pedal, based on a design by Sean MacLennan. The version I built included a volume control and was built using  a layout and pcb image by Gaussmarkov.
I went all in for my first attempt at pedal making, etching a pcb to start the process. Here is a pic of the PCB.

The etch went really well, the traces look good. I had some issues drilling the holes though. I need to work out a better system for that.
I didn't take any pictures while I was in the building process, so here is the finished product.

The guts.
I also tackled doing an enclosure etch for the artwork on the pedal. I'm really happy with how it came out.

I think I may switch the white knobs out for red ones at some point. The pedal works great! Next project will be a delay pedal for my kid, probably Rebote 2.5.

Valoosj

Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Dragonfly

GREAT WORK !

Much nicer than my first pedal....or second...or third...or....

;D

bean

Fantastic work on the enclosure, jswingchun.

moro

Quote from: jswingchun on January 21, 2008, 09:24:18 AM

I'm gonna make my own pedal! With blackjack! And hookers! In fact, forget the pedal!

(Nice job. Looks great!)

MarcoMike

Quote from: moro on January 21, 2008, 10:58:11 AM
I'm gonna make my own pedal! With blackjack! And hookers! In fact, forget the pedal!

;D ;D
Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible.

jswingchun

Thanks for the comments! It was fun to build and I'm glad I dived right in and tried the enclosure etching. It sounded scary, but it was fairly easy after reading posts on this forum.

MarcoMike

here is my new creation, a DanArmstrong tribute: The Kiwi Sqweezer

orange squeezer and green ringer. the squeezer is always on, while the green ringer is switched on by the toggleswitch and comes after the OS. thanks again to GGG for both layouts

the volume control is not shown in the picture as I'm working on it right now... more pics to come!
Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible.

greigoroth

Quote from: moro on January 21, 2008, 10:58:11 AM
Quote from: jswingchun on January 21, 2008, 09:24:18 AM

(Nice job. Looks great!)

That is one of my alltime favourite quotes! Pedal rules, futurama rules... I am in a good mood now!
Built: GGG Green Ringer

greigoroth

Quote from: MarcoMike on January 21, 2008, 12:50:38 PM
here is my new creation, a DanArmstrong tribute: The Kiwi Sqweezer

orange squeezer and green ringer. the squeezer is always on, while the green ringer is switched on by the toggleswitch and comes after the OS. thanks again to GGG for both layouts

the volume control is not shown in the picture as I'm working on it right now... more pics to come!
ยด

How the hell??? That is so awesome! ??? ;D ;D
Built: GGG Green Ringer

birt

it's a prototype of a pedal that sounds like chaos. its gonna be called Butterfly.

the eye is a knob. but now i want to add another one (prototypes don't get finished.. ever) and i don't have any place or it in that thing :p
http://www.last.fm/user/birt/
visit http://www.effectsdatabase.com for info on (allmost) every effect in the world!

Nikolay

AAAAAAAAA burt, you a crazy man !!!
great pedal !!!
RESPECT  :):)

Valoosj

Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

earthtonesaudio

Furbies were definitely harmed in the making of that pedal... RIP poor furby.  :'(

Dragonfly

Tonights experimental swirl finish...I like this one quite a bit...I think I'll put a single knob Bosstone circuit in it  !  :D

mdh

Wow, Andrew, your swirls are really starting to come out nice... you're going to have to fill us in on your method one of these days!