News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Auke Haarsma

A splitter/buffer (AMZ) project for some1, made while (still) working on my multi-fx project. I'm pretty pleased with the internal-wiring, if I may say so ;)

1 input, 3 outputs (1 tuner, 2 amps).

Valoosj

Nice work. Wish people would ask me to build :p I could use the money for my project.
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Dragonfly

Added a new folder with some of the enclosures I've recently been painting...Ive taken the pictures for the tutorial, and just need to do a "write up". I've also got another forum member testing out the process to make sure its "repeatable" for others !

http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/v/DRAGONFLY-LAYOUTS_0/swirls/

rogerinIowa

Nice swirlies, Dragonfly.....

SO ...is it a Kulick finish? you know, several coats of different color are painted on followed by wet-sanding thru to reveal the different colors beneath?
friends dont let friends use stock pedals.

moro

Quote from: rogerinIowa on January 26, 2008, 11:04:32 AM

SO ...is it a Kulick finish? you know, several coats of different color are painted on followed by wet-sanding thru to reveal the different colors beneath?

It's not a Kulick--it's pretty obvious that the swirls happen while the paint is still wet. My guess is that the enclosure is wetted down with [some liquid], paint is dribbled on, then the enclosure is sloshed around a bit. If you look at the top two, you can see how the paint drips down the sides.

Papa_lazerous

Quote from: moro on January 26, 2008, 12:03:14 PM
Quote from: rogerinIowa on January 26, 2008, 11:04:32 AM

It's not a Kulick--it's pretty obvious that the swirls happen while the paint is still wet. My guess is that the enclosure is wetted down with [some liquid], paint is dribbled on, then the enclosure is sloshed around a bit. If you look at the top two, you can see how the paint drips down the sides.

My guess its some kind of oil paint that doesnt mix all in a dish and you simply dip the enclosure into it or something. Either way I am kinda bored seeing them.  Yup I said it, Dragon fly they are cool.  but its just showing off now  :P

JFX09

R.G. explains it on his site in the tech tips section: Water, Borax, Paint= Big Mess  ;)
Happiness is a effin' hot soldering iron

arma61

Hi

he says (2/3 pages before) "These swirls arent done in the "traditional way" (borax and water)", so, may be this = Little Mess ;)

C'mon Dragonfly we're starving!!, let's fly with u !

Cheers
Armando
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

Hamfist

My friend said he wanted a pink overdrive pedal.  Well... ok...

Then I bought a $30 sander, and got tired of painting...

sshrugg

Quote from: Papa_lazerous on January 26, 2008, 12:47:42 PM
My guess its some kind of oil paint that doesnt mix all in a dish and you simply dip the enclosure into it or something. Either way I am kinda bored seeing them.  Yup I said it, Dragon fly they are cool.  but its just showing off now  :P

Showing off.  Isn't that the point of this thread?  :)
Built: Fuzz Face, Big Muff Pi (Stock), Distortion + (Germanium and Silicon versions)

SonicVI

Here's one for the mojo haters :)  A triangle Big Muff clone using the same PCB pattern, carbon comps, all ceramic caps, Si diodes, and 2n5133's (not original ones alas).  The Ram's Head in the pic has original 2n5133's and all caps but three electrolyics are ceramic and they still sound pretty different with the ram's head a little more scooped sounding. The Sovtek sounds different still, more modern and compressed than the other two.

Electric Warrior

Dragonfly

Quote from: SonicVI on January 26, 2008, 05:37:25 PM
Here's one for the mojo haters :)  A triangle Big Muff clone using the same PCB pattern, carbon comps, all ceramic caps, Si diodes, and 2n5133's (not original ones alas).  The Ram's Head in the pic has original 2n5133's and all caps but three electrolyics are ceramic and they still sound pretty different with the ram's head a little more scooped sounding. The Sovtek sounds different still, more modern and compressed than the other two.

REALLY nice looking build Sonic  ! Sweet vintage muff look !

and HAMFIST...Great looking pedals, and always ! :) The pink swirl is cool....

jakenold

Hamfist; Is that enclosure silk screened?

Jake

jakenold

Oh, and Hamfist, where do you buy those long-legged PCB-mount pots? If you could supply a link or a reference number at digikey or mouser, that would be awesome!

moro

Hamfist, you sanded down that finish? I really love that pink swirl. :icon_sad:

Hamfist

Quote from: moro on January 26, 2008, 10:07:03 PM

Oh no... they're two different pedals.  I'm kind of burned out for a while on swirls though.  Finish sanding the clear coat just gets tedious and boring.  And when something gets tedious and boring, I tend to stop paying attention and get sand-throughs.   :icon_sad: 

Quote from: jakenold on January 26, 2008, 09:13:37 PM
Oh, and Hamfist, where do you buy those long-legged PCB-mount pots? If you could supply a link or a reference number at digikey or mouser, that would be awesome!

I think you got the wrong guy   :icon_wink:

8mileshigh

Very cool D-fly !!!  Putting well built circuits in these cool boxes will certainly create some type of cult following for your fuzz pedals.  Keep it up !

Chris
Builts completed: Tweak-O, Fuzz Face Si and Ge, Rangemaster,Fuzzrite Si & Ge, Bazz Fuzz, L'il Devil Fuzz, Bosstone one knober, Bosstone Sustainer, Cream Pie, Kay Fuzztone. http://www.myspace.com/chrisdarlington

moro

Quote from: Hamfist on January 26, 2008, 10:25:53 PM
Quote from: moro on January 26, 2008, 10:07:03 PM

Oh no... they're two different pedals.  I'm kind of burned out for a while on swirls though.  Finish sanding the clear coat just gets tedious and boring.  And when something gets tedious and boring, I tend to stop paying attention and get sand-throughs.   :icon_sad: 

Oh, phew.

Had I been paying attention, I would have noticed that one pedal has the DC jack on the side.

~arph

Quote from: JFX09 on January 26, 2008, 01:17:15 PM
R.G. explains it on his site in the tech tips section: Water, Borax, Paint= Big Mess  ;)

Yes I also found that yesterday...