News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ezanker

TO ANYONE OFFENDED BY THESE PICTURES, I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE!

Here is my ROG DoubleD build:

I took a cartoon image and messed with it in Photoshop to get the old comic strip look, including the top left caption using a comic type font.  I also tried to make the Jiggle and Bounce words look somewhat like tattoos.

This is a great sounding pedal by the ROG guys and this was my first and only veroboard build using Toney's layout; so thanks to both ROG and Toney.

Erik

P.S. In case you are wondering if they are real, I'm pretty sure there is silicon in there  ;D ;) ;D

kwijibo

You should have put the LEDs in the nipples.

~arph

Being european, I'm not offended at all... the pedal name is highly suggestive (as so many pedals out there) so no wonder artwork like this arises.
I built one too and I love sound of it..(you can see it at my site)

SonicVI

Looks more like triple D's to me :)

ezanker

Quote from: kwijibo on January 28, 2008, 10:58:34 AM
You should have put the LEDs in the nipples.

Yeah, I thought about that afterwards.  Well maybe If I make another one...

Electric Warrior

Roobin

Here are yet more pictures of a Fuzz Face build...except this one must be in The World's Cheapest & Tackiest Enclosure!
It's still in development, and I can't get the tone (EZ Face blend pot) to work. But it does sound pretty cool! You can see a few more pics here: http://robinagg.wordpress.com/guitarstompbox-stuff/fuzz_face.

Renegadrian

Quote from: ezanker on January 28, 2008, 10:26:16 AM

Erik

Erik, I was thinking about a similar thing just a couple of days ago...We had the same idea, it seems, but you have been faster!!!
Well, I'd like to make mine with REAL boobs, not fake!!!  ;D and put the 2 switches right on the nipples!!!  :o
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

ezanker

Quote from: Renegadrian on January 28, 2008, 04:58:18 PM
Erik, I was thinking about a similar thing just a couple of days ago...We had the same idea, it seems, but you have been faster!!!
Well, I'd like to make mine with REAL boobs, not fake!!!  ;D and put the 2 switches right on the nipples!!!  :o

Go for it, and post a picture for us to see!

I originally intended to uses a picture of real ones, but it was hard to find a high res picture good enough for printing online; and I doubt my wife would have been into posing for this...

moro

Quote from: ezanker on January 28, 2008, 05:14:32 PM
I originally intended to uses a picture of real ones, but it was hard to find a high res picture good enough for printing online; and I doubt my wife would have been into posing for this...

Are you kidding me? You had difficulty finding photos of breasts on teh intarweb?

DryRoasted

You mean there are pics on the internet of naked breast? Whoo!  :)
Sticking a tube into a tube screamer to get good sound is about like rubbing yourself all over the weight stacks at the gym to get stronger - R.G.

ambulancevoice

Quote from: ezanker on January 28, 2008, 05:14:32 PM
...I doubt my wife would have been into posing for this...

you never know!!!
hopefully aron doesnt delete it
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

Pushtone

HEY ezanker,

Thats is a nice looking Double-D you did there! Nice work! I love tits!
Now lets see under the skirt! A gut shot please.
I'd like to compare the layout to the one I built.

I built the Double-D after going on a CD4049 tone quest.
I did the Red Lama, Mark Hammer's Forty Niner and then the Double-D.
I like the 4049 sound. Time to do a homage to the "tube sound fuzz" by Anderton.

I used Will Percival's layout for my Double-D and it drove me nuts.
The parts I had just didn't fit real well. I had to use box caps but the hole spacing was too wide for them.
I had to extend the leads of several caps. Will's is a tough layout to work on.

And with something like 21 off-board wires this is not a beginner project.
I got so frazzled working on it I was amazed it worked.
And sounded good too! A very quiet pedal. Well worth the effort.

Betty Page graces the top.

Note: Off-board leads from within the layout.

It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith

nordine

Here,

well, no babes  :P , but a cool sounding chorus, the Small Stone, adapted for bass:

has all tonepad mods, including delay caps, so you get all the hidden BBD cookies

finish has acrylic paint on bare aluminium, then clear coated, three times i think .... excuse the crappy quality, the camera has its days

ambulancevoice

Quote from: nordine on January 29, 2008, 01:15:13 AM

man the way thats painted looks awsome

Quote from: Roobin on January 28, 2008, 04:20:02 PM
Here are yet more pictures of a Fuzz Face build...except this one must be in The World's Cheapest & Tackiest Enclosure!
It's still in development, and I can't get the tone (EZ Face blend pot) to work. But it does sound pretty cool! You can see a few more pics here: http://robinagg.wordpress.com/guitarstompbox-stuff/fuzz_face.

does that thing pick up alot of noise???
nice diy battery clip to
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

SonicVI

I call this "Plum Pudding",a clone of a certain harmonic generator-intermodulator from New Zealand. The lighting really doesn't show off the translucent purple powder coat of the case.  Here's an mp3http://homepage.mac.com/sonicvi/pandc.mp3

Renegadrian

CLASSY!!! Nice finish, man!  ;)
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

momo

Quote from: SonicVI on January 29, 2008, 08:03:22 AM
I call this "Plum Pudding",a clone of a certain harmonic generator-intermodulator from New Zealand. The lighting really doesn't show off the translucent purple powder coat of the case.  Here's an mp3http://homepage.mac.com/sonicvi/pandc.mp3

OK please say where we can find a shematic/layout for this awsome sounding effect!
thanks
"Alas to those who die with their song still in them."

Timebutt

This week's build: a simple AB switch but using the amazing plexi-glass effect!
Yes, it really does make your effect stand out and it looks even better in reality :)

Completed Projects: Gus Smalley Booster, Modded Russian Big Muff, Orange Squeezer, BYOC Vibrato, Phase 90

~arph

There you go..  ;D

Niiiiiiiice!  congrats