News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gila_Crisis

this is y mighty Vox after a ton of worthy mods!
:icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

Rmanen

Instead of filing down the edge of the box, try melting it in with a iron. Works much better and faster :D

Seriously, also the way arph did it.

Peace

~arph

..hey don't tell everyone  8)

Valoosj

Dragonfly's NOS Fuzz. Still need to know the pinout of the trannies though...

And my first attempt at etching a pedal. It went well, although the residu stayed in because I did not put it in an etching tank, but I did it with cotton swabs
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Volkmar

Quote from: syndromet on January 30, 2008, 02:02:50 PM
Quote from: Volkmar on January 29, 2008, 11:47:54 AM
BOGNER SHARP clone

samples
http://alm.org.ua/photos/mysor/SuisideMix.mp3
http://alm.org.ua/photos/mysor/LostMix.mp3
http://alm.org.ua/photos/mysor/zMix.mp3

Wow! This thing looks as good as it sounds! Love the Paradise lost riff in there. I was almost waiting for mr. Holmes to start singing. I would love a copy of the schematic and layout, if you care to share.

my e-mail : funt983@mail.ru
send a message and i send you all
what's a shit?

foxfire

Quote from: Valoosj on January 31, 2008, 11:30:23 AM

And my first attempt at etching a pedal. It went well, although the residu stayed in because I did not put it in an etching tank, but I did it with cotton swabs

the pin closest to the flat is the emitter.

Valoosj

Thanks ;) Dragonfly also pmmed me the info.
Just awaiting the arrival of my switches and boxes, then I can finish this one.
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Pushtone

Quote from: Rmanen on January 30, 2008, 06:19:08 PM
Instead of filing down the edge of the box, try melting it in with a iron. Works much better and faster :D

Seriously, also the way arph did it.

Peace

Ah Ha!!!!!  I'm getting it.

Heat the box lid with an iron and then set the plexiglass on top. Melts right in I would guess.
Then screw the box together and sand the edges smooth.

Brilliant!

Quote from: ~arph on January 31, 2008, 04:00:05 AM
..hey don't tell everyone  8)

Too late  :icon_wink:
It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith

Sody54

Here's my first attempt at glued on graphics.  Slightly modified (couple caps) Matsumi SRV Special.  I'm discovering the wonders of Adobe Illustrator!  Inkjet on photopaper with 3 coats of Krylon triple thick clear glaze over the top.  Glued to the enclosure before hand with my 5yr old's glue stick.  Came out better than I expected.

SonicVI

A popular 5-knob Fuzz clone.  I'm happy with my build, though it's not a good as the real thing, which I own, btw). Used 2n404a's.

chris_d

Quote from: SonicVI on January 31, 2008, 04:52:39 PM
A popular 5-knob Fuzz clone.  I'm happy with my build, though it's not a good as the real thing, which I own, btw). Used 2n404a's.

Is that vero/strip board or perf? Nice looking build.

-chris

SonicVI

It's a vero layout done on perfboard.

allmonochrome

any chance of posting the layout for this. pleeeease?!?

sixstringphil

Just finished this true-bypass looper for a friend.

Valoosj

Quote from: allmonochrome on January 31, 2008, 11:05:04 PM

any chance of posting the layout for this. pleeeease?!?

I can, but I need to know if Dragonfly aproves. I'll PM him.

Sody54

Here's a shot of my Mayer Octavia clone.  I've had this one boxed in a plastic rat shack box for about a year.  Decided to give a more fitting enclosure. :icon_biggrin:  No gut shot of this one.  The box it was in was twice this size and now (being I'm too lazy to adjust), there's a half mile of spaghetti in this box!  It's not a pretty sight.

Brian

Mark Hammer

Quote from: sixstringphil on February 01, 2008, 02:27:29 AM
Just finished this true-bypass looper for a friend.

Pretty.  Do you have any concerns about the rear-vs-front-row aspect?  Given that I have no idea about what's inside or where it's located, is it possible for you to use the inside and outside hex nuts to stagger the height of the stompswitches in a useful manner?  or have you already taken care of that, and it simply doesn't show up well in the photo?

WLTerry

Quote from: Sody54 on February 01, 2008, 04:12:45 PM
Here's a shot of my Mayer Octavia clone.  I've had this one boxed in a plastic rat shack box for about a year.  Decided to give a more fitting enclosure. :icon_biggrin:  No gut shot of this one.  The box it was in was twice this size and now (being I'm too lazy to adjust), there's a half mile of spaghetti in this box!  It's not a pretty sight.

Brian

WOW!! My guitar hero....

Fuzzy-Train

Quote from: Sody54 on February 01, 2008, 04:12:45 PM

Brian

Awesomely well done!
THERE IS NO SIG.

The user formerly known as NoNothing.

Stuff I built!
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/Cpt_sergeant/?start=allRandom

sixstringphil

[/quote]
Pretty.  Do you have any concerns about the rear-vs-front-row aspect?  Given that I have no idea about what's inside or where it's located, is it possible for you to use the inside and outside hex nuts to stagger the height of the stompswitches in a useful manner?  or have you already taken care of that, and it simply doesn't show up well in the photo?
[/quote]
That's a good question. I don't know if there's enough thread on the switches to make a huge difference considering enclosure thickness/lablel/paint/clear. Might be worth a shot!  However, it's a fairly large DD enclosure (7.38 x 4.7 x 1.3 from Smallbear), so hopefully it won't present itself to be a big problem.  Anyone else have any thoughts/experience?