Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurtlives

Quote from: Dragonfly on February 17, 2008, 07:12:44 PM
Quote from: kurtlives on February 17, 2008, 07:06:46 PM
Quote from: Dragonfly on February 17, 2008, 06:59:26 PM
Quote from: hellwood on February 17, 2008, 06:09:05 PM
WHAT IS THIS THING!!?? and what kind of guitar/amp/speakers were used!!??

Just something I came up with...its definitely FF based though.

Amp was probably my bassman...guitar was probably my 335
What are those silicon transistors your using it that crazy fuzz.

I'll have to look up the schemo, but IIRC it was a 2n3569 and maybe a 2n3566 ...something like that...
I have a ton of 2N3641s and 2N222s....any uses for them?
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

danielzink

Rehoused Chicken Salad......

Pink on/off LED, Yellow LED flashing in time/brightness with the photocells.

Though...............reading this entire thread has me thinking about selling this one off and building a new one with the plexiglass sandwich in the bottom - with a purple LED pulsing with the photocells through the plexi....

Dan

darron

Quote from: Dragonfly on February 17, 2008, 07:17:20 PM
Quote from: petemoore on February 17, 2008, 07:14:35 PM
  Swirls do look cool !
  They're starting to look easy but messy..haven't seen any bad swirls yet..

just takes practice...my method isnt very messy at all.

the borax method, OTOH.....

These are my 2 latest ones... (clearcoated anyway...I have a couple more on the drying rack...)

no way.. that purple/silver one looks crazilly good. you can't be filling all of these with guts yourself...
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

Gil

Quote from: exhausted on February 17, 2008, 01:45:07 PM
a peppermill for my daughter

a multi-face for me

Excellent work !!!  :icon_wink:

Dragonfly

Quote from: darron on February 18, 2008, 04:50:39 AM

no way.. that purple/silver one looks crazilly good. you can't be filling all of these with guts yourself...

Yep...the silver/purple/black one will dry for a couple more days and then I'll give it some guts !  :)

Did you get the package I sent, BTW ?

Dragonfly

Quote from: danielzink on February 17, 2008, 11:32:34 PM
Rehoused Chicken Salad......

Pink on/off LED, Yellow LED flashing in time/brightness with the photocells.

Though...............reading this entire thread has me thinking about selling this one off and building a new one with the plexiglass sandwich in the bottom - with a purple LED pulsing with the photocells through the plexi....

Dan

That chicken salad rehouse is really great looking !

Valoosj

Quote from: Dragonfly on February 17, 2008, 07:12:44 PM
Quote from: kurtlives on February 17, 2008, 07:06:46 PM
Quote from: Dragonfly on February 17, 2008, 06:59:26 PM
Quote from: hellwood on February 17, 2008, 06:09:05 PM
WHAT IS THIS THING!!?? and what kind of guitar/amp/speakers were used!!??

Just something I came up with...its definitely FF based though.

Amp was probably my bassman...guitar was probably my 335
What are those silicon transistors your using it that crazy fuzz.

I'll have to look up the schemo, but IIRC it was a 2n3569 and maybe a 2n3566 ...something like that...

I opened a topic where you can find the schematic, as well as a verified (by me) layout for this pedal.
Just search for Dragonfly fuzz as a topic title...
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Architect

darron

Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

jswingchun

This is a Rebote 2.5 I built with my son. It is in the same Futurama theme as the Bender Blender I posted a couple of pages back.

The Zoidberger:

suprleed

Quote from: jswingchun on February 19, 2008, 08:52:05 AM
This is a Rebote 2.5 I built with my son. It is in the same Futurama theme as the Bender Blender I posted a couple of pages back.

Is that etched?  It's very clean.  I love the graphic around your knobs going from min to max.  Great work!
"That's the way I play" ~EC

suprleed

Here's my first and second builds.  I started with a Tweak-O, great first project from Small Bear.  However, it was really farty with my dual humbuckers.  So I changed caps and played around with multiple configurations of the clipping section--diodes and LED in the feedback loop, diode and LED shunt to ground.  I learned alot but never really found a sound I liked.  So I de-soldered about 75% of the components and resurrected this thing as a slightly modified Tim Escobedo Utility Boost along with a Rat Bypass as found on AMZ.    Hence the phoenix theme.  Very clean boost.  I used lower cap values than indicated, trying to eliminate any farty bass as in my previous build, so it acts a little bit as a treble boost.

If you look closely at the upper right corner of the perfboard you can see burn marks from my excessive de-soldering job in the rebuild.  This pedal literally rose from the ashes...  Not the cleanest wiring job, but heh, the pedal works! 

8)
"That's the way I play" ~EC

jswingchun

Quote from: suprleed on February 19, 2008, 12:10:00 PMIs that etched?  It's very clean.  I love the graphic around your knobs going from min to max.  Great work!
Thanks for the compliment. Yeah, it is etched. I took an orbital sander to the box before cutting my kid loose to wet sand it. It made a big difference in getting the surface pits out of the box before etching. I was then careful to only apply paint where the etch was to keep from getting paint into the pits showed up during the etching process. The picture looks a bit better than the box does in real life, but I am still happy with it, and so is the boy.

I like the graphics around the knobs too. The knobs are not perfectly centered in the graphics, which kinda sucks, but I still think it looks pretty good.

jswingchun

Quote from: Architect on February 19, 2008, 05:02:36 AM

This is a really nice looking pedal. Well laid out, nice overall design and balance to the artwork.

I really like the cross-hatch design at the bottom. I may steal that idea for an upcoming project.

Good job!

John Beef

My first post, my first DIY pedal. LPB1 clone from http://smallbox.zeonhost.com/

(crappy cell phone pics)

trust me, you don't want to see the insides - a hornet's nest of wires. the important thing is, it works! I substituted a 9 volt boss-style power input for a battery since my pedalboard is powered with a Power Brick. Also, I bought a 3pdt switch and wired in a blue LED. The screws on the face of it are out of some computer parts from my work and hold the circuit board in place. I really dig the unfinished utilitarian look of it, especially the chrome of the switch, screws and jacks contrasted with the dull gray of the case. I plan to leave my pencil lines until they fade naturally.

oldschoolanalog

OK, time for something a bit different. What do you do when you have a working A/DA flanger board and an old gutted Morley volume pedal? Marry them! For your consideration, one "PFL workalike +". The sonic pallate of the A/DA, and all the fun of the Morley PFL. The "+" is for the more convenient placement of the controls. Easier "on the fly" adjustments without having to constantly bend down to make them. Anyhoo...
Outside...
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w121/oldschoolanalog/DSC00526.jpg
Inside...
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w121/oldschoolanalog/DSC00521.jpg
View of the reworked LED/LDR setup...
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w121/oldschoolanalog/DSC00522.jpg
All in all, lots of fun! Time to go plug in...
All the best!
Dave
Mystery lounge. No tables, chairs or waiters here. In fact, we're all quite alone.

Renegadrian

Hey JOHN BEEF, nice one, but do you like it that way? so unfinished? I know that the working fx is the main goal, but THE EYE WANTS HIS PART TOO (as we say here in Italy)

I'm going metallic violet for a 1590B with a 250 inside...It shines!!!
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

oldschoolanalog

Quote from: Renegadrian on February 19, 2008, 02:56:40 PM
Hey JOHN BEEF, nice one, but do you like it that way? so unfinished?
I think the answer to that Q is...
Quote from: John Beef on February 19, 2008, 02:04:50 PM
I really dig the unfinished utilitarian look of it, especially the chrome of the switch, screws and jacks contrasted with the dull gray of the case. 
"Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder..."
Also...
...my first DIY pedal. 
Nice job! :icon_smile:
BTW, Renegadrian, metallic violet does look amazing!  ;)
Keep on Rockin!
Dave

Mystery lounge. No tables, chairs or waiters here. In fact, we're all quite alone.

jpm83

Here is my transistor tester in a soap box.

And here is it's guts.

Janne

Renegadrian

Quote from: oldschoolanalog on February 19, 2008, 03:25:16 PM
Quote from: Renegadrian on February 19, 2008, 02:56:40 PM
Hey JOHN BEEF, nice one, but do you like it that way? so unfinished?
I think the answer to that Q is...
I really dig the unfinished utilitarian look of it, especially the chrome of the switch, screws and jacks contrasted with the dull gray of the case. 
"Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder..."
That's one of the best things in life, two persons can see things in the opposite way but still they're both right!!!
And you're right too man, sometimes less is better...

BTW, Renegadrian, metallic violet does look amazing!  ;)
Keep on Rockin!
Dave

Some pics just for you, altough they don't do justice to this amazing metallic paint...A couple of layers of spray paint and one of clear...It looks shinier in real life, actually you can see the light's arm in one of the pics, so to imagine how it shines...It looks soooo cool...I'll be drilling its other part in a couple of days....And that thing will be all violet!!!

Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!