News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

axg20202

Quote from: MarcoMike on February 28, 2008, 07:05:01 PM
that meatball turned out very nice! I was tempted to use a DD enclosure as well... I wish I have done it! I'm envious now :P

what about the lettering? how is it done?

Thanks mate. I'll post a gut shot at some point - guts is the right term for this one. I believe the original effect got the name because the PCB sits on a huge mess of wires, like a meatball on spaghetti. Not sure if this is true but I can believe it!

The lettering was done with a single sheet of very thin transparent adhesive label stock for laser printers. The label (and enclosure punching template) were put together using Corel Designer, which I find is perfect for the job. Prior to applying the label, I airbrushed it with a couple of thin coats of a water-based intercoat clear (Autoair transparent base) to protect the toner. Once the label was applied, I cleared the whole thing with about 6 coats of automotive 1k clear sprayed through an LVLP gun.There are a couple of areas where the label has not stuck down perfectly (Autoair is not a perfectly smooth finish before it is cleared), but you'd have to hunt for them. The edges of the label are actually quite difficult to see too, which I wasn't expecting. It's the first time I've used this labelling technique - I'm reasonably happy with the results but I'll probably only use this for projects where the controls are many and labelling is essential - check, and check for the meatball!  Otherwise, I'd probably have used water slide decals for a better finish - I probably would have gone mad using individual decals for this job!

cuberius

Quote from: Insanekane on February 28, 2008, 01:30:03 PM
Here's some pictures:
My first etch
S.N.F.T.B.P (something.nice.for.the.bass.player/ fooltone bassdrive clone)

Where can I find the schematic?

Looks awesome BTW. :)

suprleed

Quote from: letsgocoyote on February 28, 2008, 03:19:34 AM
bazz fuss with gain switch in old dosimeter case

:)  Love the industrial look.  Looks like it could take a lot of abuse/gigging.  Good job.
"That's the way I play" ~EC

suprleed

Quote from: Insanekane on February 28, 2008, 01:30:03 PM
My third
Green Dragon (TS-808 with mods)
I started to use photoshop and got rid of that huge-pixel problem  ;D

I love this one!  Did you paint the dragon and lettering or is that decals?  The two tone silver/green is awesome.
"That's the way I play" ~EC

Insanekane

Quote from: cuberius on February 29, 2008, 07:23:59 AM

Where can I find the schematic?

Looks awesome BTW. :)

Hi!
There's about 2-3 cap difference between FD-2 and BD. With little help of search, You'll find everythind you need to build up bassdrew  ;)

Quote from: suprleed on February 29, 2008, 01:43:27 PM

I love this one!  Did you paint the dragon and lettering or is that decals?  The two tone silver/green is awesome.

It is etched and painted. I agree, green and silver does look good together

Nikolay

My latest firesound design:

wwwdotcomdotnet

My first two pedal builds. My friend James and I worked together on our own TS808 clones, so if he sees this thread he should post his too! This is also my first post here  :)

#1: Mosfet Clean Boost
This was a fairly simple one to build. I call it the "Little Pink Boost Box." My girlfriend made it all cutsie with the hearts and lettering :)

#2: TS808 Tube Screamer Clone
This pedal is actually two TS808's in one case. When both are on at once there is so much awesome feedback. I also added two switches for each pedal within the pedal: one to boost the bass/low end, and another to increase distortion. Both were easy mods to add in. The pedal also has a PBR faceplate which I am pretty pumped about, and matching colored LEDs. Theres also a layer of acrylic sheet on the bottom that shines two more LEDs mounted inside.

My next few pedals will be a fuzz, delay, and trem.

gutsofgold

Wow, nice work on the dual screamer!

Those blue LEDs you use are vivid man, what kind are they?

wwwdotcomdotnet

Quote from: gutsofgold on March 01, 2008, 03:26:12 PM
Wow, nice work on the dual screamer!

Those blue LEDs you use are vivid man, what kind are they?

Thanks!

They are 5mm high intensity LEDs. I got them from Small Bear.

gijimmbo

PBR rocks!!!!

the legacy continues.

whitewave

first in the chain is a mosfet booster, than a TS808 with some keeley mods inside, Landgraff clipping section...
Carbon comp resistors and super clean sounding WIMA caps.

Marco
www.whitewave.it

BarnabyHooge

I have no hope to paint any of my boxes in my current living situation so I'm trying out some different things. This is my Rangemaster.

analogmike

A British customer sent us two old EH LPB2 pedals to rebox with a master volume, it came out pretty good. Might make more from scratch as they are cool sounding. Originally the parts were just hanging off the pots and switch, we mounted them on standoffs sort of like a rangemaster.

DIY has unpleasant realities, such as that an operating soldering iron has two ends differing markedly in the degree of comfort with which they can be grasped. - J. Smith

mike  ~^v^~ aNaLoG.MaN ~^v^~   vintage guitar effects

http://www.analogman.com

Dragonfly

Quote from: analogmike on March 02, 2008, 08:55:35 PM
A British customer sent us two old EH LPB2 pedals to rebox with a master volume, it came out pretty good. Might make more from scratch as they are cool sounding. Originally the parts were just hanging off the pots and switch, we mounted them on standoffs sort of like a rangemaster.

Looks great Mike.....Ive done that before. Chaining them in series gets really cool.. gain, master volume, and a tone control...

Dragonfly

arawn

makes me feel bad for slapping a polish job and a sticker on my new professor Tweed
"Consistency is the Hobgoblin of Small Minds!"

Gus Smalley clean boost, Whisker biscuit, Professor Tweed, Ruby w/bassman Mods, Dan Armstrong Orange Squeezer, Zvex SHO, ROG Mayqueen, Fetzer Valve, ROG UNO, LPB1, Blue Magic

stumper1

Not a stompbox but......

Woke up early to a beautiful day for a motorcycle ride.  Bought some speakers for my helmet a few weeks ago but my i-pod just wasn't cutting it so.....  This morning I built an 18v CMOY headphone amp.  My first build in an Altoids box.  Works great. 

Great day for a ride too. 8)
DericĀ®

Renegadrian

As I wrote a couple of pages ago...

I had to spend some extra time to fit a markm perf 250 grey spec with mods in a 1590B...There are 2 knobs as usual, 2 DPDT switches (1N4148 diodes-LEDs selection - Input cap selection) switch, battery, DC jack...I like the closed jacks, they seem somehow less obtrusive...I think this is a nice project and you should carefully study every component's position so to use the space at its best...

I love this violet metallic paint, it looks even better then in the pics...
And I love this pedal, actually it's 4 pedals in one, while the input cap selector acts like a BRIGHT switch, changing the color of the sound, switching from diodes to LEDs changes its distortion dramatically!!! I spent some time with it and I realized that with the standard circuit (1N4148 and 0.01uF input cap) I can play Malmsteen BLUE with the same "bluesy" tone!!! Going down with the gain, there's some SRV too...
Switching to the 1nF input cap, as in the DoD 308, you have that BRIGHT switch that helps in the neck pickup strumming...
Then, switch to LEDs clipping and you have a new pedal!!! It has more gain and more volume too, it gives a good clear sound...LEDs+BRIGHT=I enjoyed those Marty Friedman songs like TIBET...
I am just so satisfied, so a big thank you to MARKM for his perf layout of the grey 250 and thanks to the people that helped me understand the switching diodes trick!!!

Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

Volkmar

My new version of KRAK Distortion MAXIMUS

what's a shit?

petemoore

KrankenStein !!1
  Good One...should have adequate cooling !
  Nice job on the enclosure work, box has unique looking + !
Convention creates following, following creates convention.