SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

momiel

Quote from: free electron on March 15, 2008, 08:27:44 AM
Inspired by Dragonfly, my attempts to swirl painting:

Hi free electron, what schematic have you used for the bitcrusher?
Thanks
I'm sorry but my English sucks!

Freaking with real fuzz boxes...

Electric Warrior

work in progress:

tehfunk

Quote from: Electric Warrior on March 15, 2008, 03:58:57 PM
work in progress:

Nice, how'd you do it, the labeling, and the paint job?
Carvin CT6M > diystompboxes.com > JCM800 4010

The tools of the artist give you a chance to twist and bend the laws of nature and to cut-up and reshape the fabric of reality - John Frusciante

Electric Warrior

the paint is a silver colored hammertone spray paint, the label an inkjet waterslide decal.

Dragonfly

Quote from: Electric Warrior on March 15, 2008, 03:58:57 PM
work in progress:

Looks GREAT...doesn't look at all like the vintage one !  :)

Electric Warrior

wow, I didn't know there was a pedal with that name. Is it a Fuzz Face clone?

Renegadrian

Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

Barcode80

Quote from: Electric Warrior on March 15, 2008, 05:59:27 PM
wow, I didn't know there was a pedal with that name. Is it a Fuzz Face clone?
most likely.

MarcoMike

Really cool work EletricWarrior!!

please show us the final result!   ;)
Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible.

Electric Warrior

I will once it is finished. I'm still waiting for some parts to arrive and a friend has to drill the holes for me, as I don't have the necessary tools.

free electron

Quote from: momiel on March 15, 2008, 12:44:09 PM
Hi free electron, what schematic have you used for the bitcrusher?
Thanks
It's my own design. It's digital, uses a microcontroller to do the A/D, bit crushing and D/A.

Quote from: cpnyc23 on March 15, 2008, 11:55:48 AM

how did you do it? decals? if so, what kind are you using?  they look great!
For the small letters i used a transfer alphabet, available at conrad.de, art. No 519480 - 62
The Bit Crusher graphics is a common toner transfer technique, used also for pcb making. 

Dragonfly

Yep - another swirl.

I'm really diggin' this one though...it's darn near impossible to photograph, but it's metallic copper and white...truly gorgeous ! I think I'll build something special in it and send it to my cousin Tom, who was a true guitar playing inspiration for my brother and I when we were growing up !

Krinor

Dragonfly, are you some sort of half God or something ? Those swirls of yours are the most gorgeous on the planet.

Here's something completely different - my latest EA Tremolo in a box from Pedalenclosures.

Dragonfly

Quote from: Krinor on March 16, 2008, 06:31:33 PM
Dragonfly, are you some sort of half God or something ? Those swirls of yours are the most gorgeous on the planet.

Hell, sometimes I think I'm lucky to just make it through the day !  Thanks for the kind words !

Here's something completely different - my latest EA Tremolo in a box from Pedalenclosures.

Beautiful - Is that one one of those enclosures I've been seeing on Ebay ? How do you like it ? Fair price ? It really "looks" nice.

Krinor

Personally I love these enclosures. They are heavy and solid and very well made. Despite the thickness they are very easy to drill. Yes, they cost a bit more than the ordinary 1290's etc., but IMO it's worth it - for a number of reasons.
I would love to see some of your swirl painting on one of these!

Valoosj

Quote from: Constantin Necrasov on March 14, 2008, 12:57:35 PM
Quote from: Valoosj on March 13, 2008, 12:21:46 PM
Can you guess what this is?  ;D

Клевое название выбрал. Лучше уже Истерика тогда. :)

Erm, what?
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Dragonfly

Quote from: Krinor on March 16, 2008, 06:56:53 PM
Personally I love these enclosures. They are heavy and solid and very well made. Despite the thickness they are very easy to drill. Yes, they cost a bit more than the ordinary 1290's etc., but IMO it's worth it - for a number of reasons.
I would love to see some of your swirl painting on one of these!

Ive thought about buying one or two...they would be tougher to swirl, but with care, could be really cool.

Krinor

Have you ever concidered selling swirled enclosures ?
I would buy one if you did it on a box from Pedalenclosures.
Just name a price!  :icon_wink:

akc1973

Quote from: Krinor on March 16, 2008, 06:31:33 PM

That's better than any swirl, mate!  :icon_twisted:

Top work!
Builds: Bazz Fuss, Orange Squeezer, Omega, Green Ringer, Dist+, X-Fuzz

Krinor

Thanks! I still would love to see some swirl on one of these though - and I'm way to lazy to try it out myself at the moment.  :icon_rolleyes: