News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SonicVI

Completed two builds today, a Tonepad Red Llama and a Rangemaster with three way input cap slide switch.

trevize

The red finish is great!  :icon_eek: how did you do that?

kawayanstrat

Quote from: Renegadrian on March 20, 2008, 08:01:49 PM
Hey Andy, 'seems someone's copying your swirls!!!  :icon_smile:

http://ibanez.com/electronics/series.aspx?s=JEMINI
Incase you don't know,Ibanez has been doing swirls for long time. :icon_wink:

Renegadrian

Quote from: kawayanstrat on March 21, 2008, 04:20:24 AM

Surely I know, buddy, but I never seen them doing on pedals... :icon_wink:
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

Renegadrian

Quote from: trevize on March 21, 2008, 03:53:40 AM

+1 - it seems made of wood...GREAT!!!  :icon_wink:
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

SonicVI

Quote from: Renegadrian on March 21, 2008, 08:58:42 AM
Quote from: trevize on March 21, 2008, 03:53:40 AM

+1 - it seems made of wood...GREAT!!!  :icon_wink:

Thanks!  I polished the enclosure then used sandpaper for a brushed look on the top, followed by Duplicote Metalcast paint with adhesion promoter.  The Metalcast is supposed to give a transparent anodized look. Then I wet sanded the paint for high gloss.

ultar

Quote from: John Blund on March 19, 2008, 06:09:14 PM
ianmgull, looks alot better than my builds. I usually just connect to nearest ground point and thus getting ground loops and noise  ;D gotta start using star ground and shielded wire! anyway I just finished my ruby amp AKA the psychoblaster  ;D

I had no idea it would be so loud. And it sound alright even if the speaker is just hanging in the air!

I love this! As much a sculpture as it is an amp. The overall shape reminds me of a Victrola updated into a 21st century musical device.

Chawk

Quote from: John Blund on March 19, 2008, 06:09:14 PM
ianmgull, looks alot better than my builds. I usually just connect to nearest ground point and thus getting ground loops and noise  ;D gotta start using star ground and shielded wire! anyway I just finished my ruby amp AKA the psychoblaster  ;D

I had no idea it would be so loud. And it sound alright even if the speaker is just hanging in the air!

Haahaha.... I love it!!! Very original idea on the ruby. You've inspired me, sir. Now to find a flex hose that will support my 10'' jensen mod speaker.
Any shots of the back where it connects to the enclosure?
"Why don't those stupid idiots let me in their crappy club for jerks!"--Homer Simpson

kawayanstrat

Quote from: Renegadrian on March 21, 2008, 08:57:42 AM
Quote from: kawayanstrat on March 21, 2008, 04:20:24 AM

Surely I know, buddy, but I never seen them doing on pedals... :icon_wink:
Yeah,they haven't done that on pedals. But hey,after all  it's vai's pedal!  ;D

SonicVI

Colorsound Overdriver clone. One of my favorite overdrive/fuzz pedals.  I used plenty of "mojo" parts, metal can BC109 trannys, Vishay/BC electrolytics, tropical fish, orange drop, and polyester caps, carbon comps.

letsgocoyote

Quote from: SonicVI on March 21, 2008, 03:46:55 AM
Completed two builds today, a Tonepad Red Llama and a Rangemaster with three way input cap slide switch.

where can i get some terminal strips (not sure if thats the correct name) like in this picture?  I cant seem to find a proper source online (might be because i dont know exactly waht to call them

Austin73

I have plenty if you need some!  :icon_wink:

PM me

Aus
Bazz Fuss, Red LLama, Harmonic Jerkulator, LoFo MoFo, NPN Boost, Bronx Cheer, AB Box, Dual Loop, Crash Sync

SonicVI

Mouser also sells them. They're on page 1419 of their catalog.

Gila_Crisis

this is my heavily moddes Boss BF2 Flanger

here a pair of sound samples:

http://media.putfile.com/flangermod1
http://media.putfile.com/flangermod2

Timebutt

Wow very interesting!
Any chance of telling what you did with it other then a blue LED and true bypass? ;)
Completed Projects: Gus Smalley Booster, Modded Russian Big Muff, Orange Squeezer, BYOC Vibrato, Phase 90

Gila_Crisis

Quote from: Timebutt on March 22, 2008, 01:59:06 PM
Wow very interesting!
Any chance of telling what you did with it other then a blue LED and true bypass? ;)

ok i just posted a dedicated thread on this one, since it's difficult too to find some infos on how to mod the pedal

John Blund

Quote from: Chawk on March 21, 2008, 12:57:53 PM
Haahaha.... I love it!!! Very original idea on the ruby. You've inspired me, sir. Now to find a flex hose that will support my 10'' jensen mod speaker.
Any shots of the back where it connects to the enclosure?

Quote from: ultar on March 21, 2008, 12:48:13 PM
I love this! As much a sculpture as it is an amp. The overall shape reminds me of a Victrola updated into a 21st century musical device.

many thanks! I unconsciously probably got the idea from one of those old gramophones :D

hey, if it can hold jensen 6" speaker without budging perhaps a 10" isnt that far off.

kurtlives

Quote from: SonicVI on March 21, 2008, 03:46:55 AM

Where did you get that enclosure you used for the RM?
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

jakenold

Quote from: John Blund on March 22, 2008, 05:13:16 PM

John, where did you get that arm from? It's fantastic!

Jake

Barcode80

Quote from: SonicVI on March 22, 2008, 01:56:56 AM
Colorsound Overdriver clone. One of my favorite overdrive/fuzz pedals.  I used plenty of "mojo" parts, metal can BC109 trannys, Vishay/BC electrolytics, tropical fish, orange drop, and polyester caps, carbon comps.

i haven't been able to find a schem or layout on this. am i just not looking hard enough?