Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfx

Quote from: dellamorte on March 24, 2008, 04:56:08 AM
Here is a Easy-Vibe i made :)
thanks john hollis and dragonfly !!

Wow, that looks amazing, how did you do that swirly paint job?

sfx

juse

Quote from: SonicVI on March 24, 2008, 12:13:45 PM

It's regular FM-4 or epoxy, I'm not sure. It just looks different because it has a black solder mask.

Thanks. When you say black soldermask, did you transfer a laser print over the etched board?

SonicVI

Quote from: juse on March 24, 2008, 01:08:01 PM
Quote from: SonicVI on March 24, 2008, 12:13:45 PM

It's regular FM-4 or epoxy, I'm not sure. It just looks different because it has a black solder mask.

Thanks. When you say black soldermask, did you transfer a laser print over the etched board?

I didn't make the board. It was part of the Chunky Cheese kit from www.olcircuits.com.

John Lyons

More copper plating experiments.
Chemical etch and poorman's copperplating

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Dragonfly

Quote from: dellamorte on March 24, 2008, 04:56:08 AM
Here is a Easy-Vibe i made :)
thanks john hollis and dragonfly !!

BEAUTIFUL pedal ! 

Really great job on it !

QSQCaito

JOhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn you gotta stop now doing that stuff.

I'll die of envy really soon.

Congratulations once again ;)
D.A.C

kawayanstrat

Quote from: John Lyons on March 24, 2008, 01:52:01 PM

More copper plating experiments.
Chemical etch and poorman's copperplating

John

John,how did do that? :o :o Can you direct me to a link that gives tutorials on copper plating? Thanks in advance!!

Mark

Chawk

Quote from: kawayanstrat on March 24, 2008, 03:15:19 PM

John,how did do that? :o :o Can you direct me to a link that gives tutorials on copper plating? Thanks in advance!!

Mark

Lots of good info on copper plating and etching can be found here:

http://steampunkworkshop.com/altoid-etch.shtml

Matt
"Why don't those stupid idiots let me in their crappy club for jerks!"--Homer Simpson

Chawk

Quote from: John Blund on March 22, 2008, 05:13:16 PM

Awesome... though I think my 10'' speaker might need a counter weight. any ideas on weighting down a Hammond B type enclosure?
"Why don't those stupid idiots let me in their crappy club for jerks!"--Homer Simpson

Dragonfly

Here are a couple that are on the drying rack now... No longer just plain old "swirls", I'm moving into some cool new techniques....

Sorry about the crappy pics, but I'm pretty excited about these...

Today, painting ...tomorrow, hernia surgery... :(

Chawk

Wow that looks great Dragonfly... The blue one looks like marble. Do you ever have any issues with the acrylic paint  flaking off?

Dragonfly

Quote from: Chawk on March 24, 2008, 04:45:17 PM
Wow that looks great Dragonfly... The blue one looks like marble.

Thanks - They look MUCH cooler in person !  :)

Do you ever have any issues with the acrylic paint  flaking off?

Not yet. I put lots of clear coats on them and give them plenty of drying time though.

cpnyc23

Dragonfly,

Care to reveal the secret of the new swirl technique?  Have you moved away from the toothpick method?

-chris
"I've traveled the world and never seen a statue of a critic."    -  Leonard Bernstein

Dragonfly

Quote from: cpnyc23 on March 24, 2008, 05:41:07 PM
Dragonfly,

Care to reveal the secret of the new swirl technique?  Have you moved away from the toothpick method?

-chris

Well...a good chef does have to keep a few secrets for himself. :)

bent

Quote from: Dragonfly on March 24, 2008, 04:33:01 PM

the plate on the bottom picture remember me the flower of Pink Floyd http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARXKvVeVtXg

very nice painting job.....

bent
Long live the music.....

jefe

Quote from: Dragonfly on March 24, 2008, 06:22:32 PM
Well...a good chef does have to keep a few secrets for himself. :)

And who could blame you? I think you've given more than your fair share of secrets around here! That latest blue swirl looks awesome.

But please don't stop giving up some secrets now and then...  :icon_wink:

12milluz

John I love that copper look. Very nice! :)
Quote from: Processaurus
You need a glade plug-in, in on a footswitch.  Kick on the big muff, then hit the air freshener pedal.

Visit my site: http://www.freewebs.com/12milluzmusic

Filament

Quote from: Dragonfly on March 20, 2008, 03:36:50 PM
A custom "Saturn 5" fuzz I just finished for a forum member !!!   I hope he likes it ! :D

Crap! Andy told me not to look at the pictures forum but I forgot.....can't wait for that baby to arrive.  Andy that thing looks outstanding!  :icon_biggrin:
This is not my large automobile

Dragonfly

Quote from: Filament on March 24, 2008, 08:48:12 PM
Quote from: Dragonfly on March 20, 2008, 03:36:50 PM
A custom "Saturn 5" fuzz I just finished for a forum member !!!   I hope he likes it ! :D

Crap! Andy told me not to look at the pictures forum but I forgot.....can't wait for that baby to arrive.  Andy that thing looks outstanding!  :icon_biggrin:

YOU PEEKED !!!!     :icon_evil: :icon_cry:

Oh well - I hope you love it ! :)

I wont be able to ship for a couple days - surgery and fun stuff like that - but I['ll ship it asap...

Barcode80

my latest creation, a bling of bone clone. that's not the name of it, but out of respect for aron...

i've also added an lpb in the same box for a tad bit more volume on occasion. also works separately.

it was an old Signalflex A/B switcher before I refinished it.

the switches on the side are clipping options, the knob on back is the master volume of the OD circuit.