Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ambulancevoice

Quote from: timotet on March 30, 2008, 03:02:05 PM

front inside

Quote from: Timebutt on March 30, 2008, 03:36:17 PM
Wow, that glow looks nice :)
How did you get it to shine so bright, perhaps you used a few LED's because my superbright ones are always very 'directional'?

look at the picture, you can see a single led and a metallic looking thing (aluminum foil parabola?) which spreads the light in a reflection

reminds me of Alexander Delarge's huge hyperbola light in A Clockwork Orange (favorite movie :D)

Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

Dragonfly

I painted this one for Krinor. Its one of the enclosures from www.pedalenclosures.com ...which, by the way, are FANTASTIC ! I was completely skeptical about them, but having one here to check out made me see what great quality enclosures they are. 100%, definitely, absolutely, worth the extra $$$...I'll be buying some very soon.

timotet

Quote from: ambulancevoice on March 30, 2008, 05:51:39 PM
Quote from: timotet on March 30, 2008, 03:02:05 PM

front inside

Quote from: Timebutt on March 30, 2008, 03:36:17 PM
Wow, that glow looks nice :)
How did you get it to shine so bright, perhaps you used a few LED's because my superbright ones are always very 'directional'?

look at the picture, you can see a single led and a metallic looking thing (aluminum foil parabola?) which spreads the light in a reflection

reminds me of Alexander Delarge's huge hyperbola light in A Clockwork Orange (favorite movie :D)

yep single led and tin foil!!

ambulancevoice

Quote from: Dragonfly on March 30, 2008, 07:04:07 PM
I painted this one for Krinor. Its one of the enclosures from www.pedalenclosures.com ...which, by the way, are FANTASTIC ! I was completely skeptical about them, but having one here to check out made me see what great quality enclosures they are. 100%, definitely, absolutely, worth the extra $$$...I'll be buying some very soon.

whats there to be skeptical about? (never thought id have to say that) 
they dont look flimsy
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

Dragonfly

Quote from: ambulancevoice on March 31, 2008, 01:43:31 AM

whats there to be skeptical about? (never thought id have to say that) 
they dont look flimsy

Mainly I was concerned about the bottom plate - how it fit and how it was attached....basically the "fit and finish" of the product. It's not a big money corporation, and often times smaller companies have problems making a completely "professional" product... I can definitely report that these enclosures are really fantastic quality.

Krinor

Quote from: Dragonfly on March 30, 2008, 07:04:07 PM

Great work Dragonfly! I'm really looking forward to build a killer fuzz in that one! :icon_cool:

kawayanstrat

Quote from: 12milluz on March 30, 2008, 05:31:44 PM
^^very nice! What circuit did you use in the little booster? Do you have a schematic?
I got it from GGG,but i made the pcb half the size of the original,so it could fit. anyway here's the link.

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/pdf/ggg_joam_lo_amz.pdf

petemoore

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/petemoore/MkIItakeII003.jpg
   I now have this picture of my 'Psychadelic Plaid' Phase 45 shown just to the left.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

The French connection

Quote from: petemoore on March 31, 2008, 10:11:01 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/petemoore/MkIItakeII003.jpg
   I now have this picture of my 'Psychadelic Plaid' Phase 45 shown just to the left.

Nice looking! Is it Phase 45 or a MKII fuzz? If it's a phase 45, what mod have you done? Univibey?

Thanks
Dan
I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/

petemoore

Nice looking! Is it Phase 45 or a MKII fuzz?
  I have a MkII...
  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/petemoore/000_0810-1.jpg
   If it's a phase 45, what mod have you done? Univibey?
  BYOC 45 comes with depth knob, these boxes I got going, and wouldn't mind having a schematic and an actual layout for them though [too difficult to figure out mostly...I just leave them working.
  45 has nearly-vibey mod, somewhere between the stock values and a couple different values on a couple phase stages, best I can remember...the last 45 I build on perfoboard sounded wobbly with the 'full stagger' of univibe phase stage capacitor values, I guess you could call it a '~1/4 vibed phaser'.
  Me likey very much, about neck and neck with the Micro Vibe, soundwise, but The Micro-Vibe output produces a little bit less than unity :-\..perhaps I ask about that in new thread soon.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

The French connection

I guess you mean BYOC phase 90? I got my Phase45 from GGG and i know the 1/10 caps mod for univibing the 45 but i was just wondering what's your extra knob do on yours...but since it's phase 90... ;)

Nice looking again...Kind of Jackson Pollock meets Mondrian!
I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/

Beros

Quote from: Renegadrian on March 30, 2008, 05:47:24 PM
Quote from: Beros on March 30, 2008, 07:40:54 AM
Made this some time ago:

It's a BS170 booster/overdrive thingy with switchable clipping diodes.

Nice one, Beros, could you please explain better the circuit or post it, if you don't mind sharing?!

Timotet, nice glow there...It's an eye catcher for sure!!!
The circuit is kind of similar to the Super hard on.. only some slight changes in cap values. (don't know if i traced the SHO correctly though.. ;D)
The fatness switch is a On-Off-On switch that switches between two different caps to ground, to get a nice treble roll-off. No treble roll-off in the middle position.
The clip-switch switches between germanium diodes and red LED+germ. (no diodes in middle position) The LED+Germ diodes allows for more output and less clipping, while the Germ+Germ-diodes will clip more but allow for less output gain.

And a master volume at the end.

Actually its a nice circuit cause you can get it to clip in so many different ways.
You can crank the "drifv"-knob and keep the master low, which will get you some clipping from the trannie itself.
Or you can set the Drifv-knob to 3 o'clock and the master-knob to full, and get some nice break up from the amp.
And you can mix these sounds with the diodes, which is cool.
This makes it really versatile and It'seasy to get good sounds out of every amp you plug it into.

I keep it in my gigbag for those gigs where you can't bring your own amp. That way I know I will at least get a good overdrive somehow.
If you want, I can PM you the layout, but I don't know if the cap values are the same as on the layout.
Man ska inte ligga med lik

Chawk

Here's my Echo Base Delay all boxed up. Not a perfect etch but I like the way it turned out. Kind of battle worn.

Matt
"Why don't those stupid idiots let me in their crappy club for jerks!"--Homer Simpson

Dragonfly

Chawk - That looks AWESOME !!!

You should make one for me !  (hint, hint ...)

:)

Valoosj

It looks good. When I etched my pedals, I always had this residue in the etched parts. Do you have that same problem?
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

cheeb

That's just the aluminum gook. Scrub it out with a toothbrush. One that you won't be using again.

How do you pronounce Valoosj?

rikkards

Seriously!! That there is some serious geek cred. I wish I had that kind of imagination to think of something like that

Quote from: Dragonfly on March 31, 2008, 03:24:27 PM

Pedals built: Kay Fuzztone, Fuzz Face, Foxx Tone Machine, May Queen, Buffer/Booster, ROG Thor, BSIAB2, ROG Supreaux,  Electrictab JCM800 Emulator, ROG Eighteen
Present Project: '98 Jeep TJ

letsgocoyote

niggez

My selfmade guitar strap:

Orange squeezer in an old Turntable preamp

Chawk

Quote from: Dragonfly on March 31, 2008, 03:24:27 PM

I think we could probably work something out there!  :icon_smile:
"Why don't those stupid idiots let me in their crappy club for jerks!"--Homer Simpson