News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ambulancevoice

Quote from: Stu Diddly on April 03, 2008, 12:00:21 AM
I just built a rack with 6 direct boxes and some extra gadgets.  Check it out.

hey do those neutrik 1/4 jacks work good?
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

Stu Diddly

Quote from: Timebutt on April 03, 2008, 02:59:02 AM

Nice work! Racks are teh sexy ;)
What's this connector next to all the jack and XLR connectors: some kind of USB connector? What do the switches do? :)
Only thing it needs (rackgear needs this) is some kind of awesome lighting :)

d

The top row of switches are mute switches and the bottom row of switches are Ground Lifts.  The USB Panel mount is so convenient.  I run a midi keyboard that connects to the usb panel mount and then the panel mount connects to my Mac, which sits down inside of the rack.

Stu Diddly

Quote from: ambulancevoice on April 03, 2008, 04:21:43 AM

hey do those neutrik 1/4 jacks work good?

The Neutrik 1/4 jacks do work well, but they're a little pricey.

Renegadrian

Here's my Valvecaster 002...

Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

Ben N

I hope I don't get in trouble for this, but

Nice rack!
  • SUPPORTER

kungpow79

John Lyons

Quote from: MarcoMike on April 03, 2008, 02:43:37 AM
Quote from: John Lyons on April 02, 2008, 09:31:33 AM

Thinking outside the box
Thanks Tim!

John, this is absolutely beautiful!!! (and quite inspiring...) where did you get the blank smd thing?

Thanks for the compliment, I guess you're the only one that though it was neat. I lpersonally love the way it turned out.
The circuit board came from a forum member (but that's a secret to protect the innocent.)
It's kind of tricky to build but in the end the results look nice if I do say so myself.

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

suprleed

Quote from: paperhouse on April 02, 2008, 12:42:50 PM
this is the "krunk" layout that i found here. the eyes are clipping LED's so they're responsive to your pick attack  :icon_biggrin:

That's friggin awesome!  I love responsive clipping diodes and paired with an evil cat...you can't go wrong there!
"That's the way I play" ~EC

Scrutinizer

Quote from: John Lyons on April 03, 2008, 07:12:52 PM
Quote from: MarcoMike on April 03, 2008, 02:43:37 AM
Quote from: John Lyons on April 02, 2008, 09:31:33 AM

Thinking outside the box
Thanks Tim!

John, this is absolutely beautiful!!! (and quite inspiring...) where did you get the blank smd thing?

Thanks for the compliment, I guess you're the only one that though it was neat. I lpersonally love the way it turned out.
The circuit board came from a forum member (but that's a secret to protect the innocent.)
It's kind of tricky to build but in the end the results look nice if I do say so myself.

John

Well, I thought it was very cool. Looks like the PCB is from some IC automated test equipment. I like the way you beveled the edges. The PCB looks very thick, did you have trouble with the potentiometer bushings not being long enough?

Barcode80

John

i feel your pain. i made probably the best looking pedal i've ever made a couple pages back, the black one, a clone of a certain "king" of pedals built by someone who loves all things analog. not a peep :(

i certainly love the circuit board thing. I've thought about etching designs and legending on pcb blanks and doing the same thing to label my controls and such. thought it might look cool.

John Lyons

Scrut...
Good call grasshopper! Yes, test equipment board. The board is insanely thick, .18 something I think!!
I beveled the edges with a router and counter sunk the pots. The foot switch barely fit though the box top...just right though.

Barcode
I thought your box turned out nice. I guess the bar is pretty high around here with all the swirls and such.

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

rikkards

That's funny. Way back when in my yoot (what's a yoot?) I did CAD support on Mentor Graphics at Newbridge Networks and we had to do a layout for a specific board which looked a lot like it. It was also a board used in testing other boards. To get the layouts right we ended up having to script the layout. Ah those were the days. If resources like this were easier to find back then I may have stayed in the Electrical world. Instead, I moved into IT and forgot a lot of it. Kind of makes me sad.

Quote from: John Lyons on April 03, 2008, 09:35:03 PM
Scrut...
Good call grasshopper! Yes, test equipment board. The board is insanely thick, .18 something I think!!
I beveled the edges with a router and counter sunk the pots. The foot switch barely fit though the box top...just right though.

Barcode
I thought your box turned out nice. I guess the bar is pretty high around here with all the swirls and such.

John

Pedals built: Kay Fuzztone, Fuzz Face, Foxx Tone Machine, May Queen, Buffer/Booster, ROG Thor, BSIAB2, ROG Supreaux,  Electrictab JCM800 Emulator, ROG Eighteen
Present Project: '98 Jeep TJ

nelson

A heavily modified silicon Fuzz Face.
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

Chawk

Quote from: Valoosj on March 31, 2008, 05:30:06 PM
It looks good. When I etched my pedals, I always had this residue in the etched parts. Do you have that same problem?

Sometimes there's some left over oxidation in the etched areas. I usually just go over them with a scotch bright pad and it comes out pretty easily.

Quote from: 12milluz on April 01, 2008, 10:46:13 PM
Quote from: greigoroth on April 01, 2008, 05:10:15 PM
AT-ATs are best!
+1
great job! :)

Had to go with the Empire Strikes Back theme. Best movie ever. Yeah... I'm a nerd.

Quote from: sshrugg on April 02, 2008, 12:53:39 PM

I did a very similar build a little while ago.  Waiting to build the other muffs before I post pics.

Nice job!

Quote from: SonicVI on April 02, 2008, 05:32:44 PM

Very cool!

Quote from: bumblebee on April 02, 2008, 07:04:50 PM

as a big muff nut i gotta say i really like that man!

Thanks a bunch, guys! I'm finally getting the hang of this enclosure etching thing.
"Why don't those stupid idiots let me in their crappy club for jerks!"--Homer Simpson

foxfire

Quote from: nelson on April 04, 2008, 10:17:12 AM

Care to share what all those knobs do? other than spin i mean. Rylan

John Lyons

Nice one! I like the knobs and the colors. Nice swirl as well.
Now you just need to ditch that ugly white washer  ;D

John
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

nelson

Quote from: foxfire on April 04, 2008, 11:41:04 AM

Care to share what all those knobs do? other than spin i mean. Rylan

Gain, Sustain, Bias, Sag and Volume.

My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

slymonkey

This is a pedal I built this week.  I got a little lazy on the label design but it's just gonna get velcroed to my pedal board and get stomped on.
I currently use a clone I built of a popular Marshall pedal that has 3 EQ knobs that I may replace with this.  I use it to give me a third channel on my JCM-900.

slymonkey

Quote from: Renegadrian on April 03, 2008, 04:14:08 PM
Here's my Valvecaster 002...

Very cool!  I wonder how long it would take my clumsy foot to over-shoot the switch and crush the tube.  I move around so much I'm lucky to make it back to my pedal board in time to hit the pedal I need.

hendrix2489