Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu Diddly

What kind of wire did you use? 

snoof

Quote from: bancika on April 07, 2008, 01:25:27 PM
Here's the latest pedal I built, it's phase 90 made from tonepad board. It features few switchable mods as you can see.

I've actually just ordered the same board, care to tell me about your mods? :icon_mrgreen:  I've got the depth mod figured out, but whats the third knob?

guitarman89

Quote from: bancika on April 07, 2008, 01:25:27 PM
Here's the latest pedal I built, it's phase 90 made from tonepad board. It features few switchable mods as you can see.

I suggest to add the rate led! it's awesome! I have it on mine and it is a great simple mod! Just connect a 1K res to the 7th pin of ic1 (which is the one dedicated to LFO and to the input buffer) to the anode of a led, and it's cathode to ground. ;)
built: MXR Dist+,dod250-280,dr boogey,IC buffers,cmos drive,multiface,20W SS pwr amps,phase90,tubescreamer,rat,amzMB,wuly mammoth,dod280,zombie chorus
under constur:60W 3886 amp,jcm800 em
www.myspace.com/guitarmanbll
www.myspace.com/filospinatopunk

snoof

nice, i'll look into that ;)

Guitarman; FYI... if, when you quote, you leave out the pic links, it makes for a more streamlined thread...  But here I am asking OT questions in a pictures thread, so what do I know ;D

bancika

Stu Diddly, it's #22 silver teflon wire that I use for building amps. It's not really easy to work with for such small enclosures because it's not really flexible, but I love the fact that it doesn't melt.
snoof, switch is for vibrato, it's switching out 150K resistor (dry signal), actually it breaks that connection. 3rd pot is variable resonance instead of 24K resistor. It's 20K resistor wired between wiper and outer lug of the 100K linear pot. I connected outer lugs to the board where 24K usually goes. This way I get range between 18K and 100K, doesn't do too much, but I had a spare hole on the enclosure.
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

RedHouse

Quote from: bancika on April 07, 2008, 07:03:12 PM
Stu Diddly, it's #22 silver teflon wire that I use for building amps. It's not really easy to work with for such small enclosures because it's not really flexible, but I love the fact that it doesn't melt.
snoof, switch is for vibrato, it's switching out 150K resistor (dry signal), actually it breaks that connection. 3rd pot is variable resonance instead of 24K resistor. It's 20K resistor wired between wiper and outer lug of the 100K linear pot. I connected outer lugs to the board where 24K usually goes. This way I get range between 18K and 100K, doesn't do too much, but I had a spare hole on the enclosure.

Where do you buy your wire?  (apexjr?)

snoof

Quote from: bancika on April 07, 2008, 07:03:12 PM

thanks for the explanation!!

letsgocoyote

does some crazy gated motor synth stuff

bancika

Quote from: RedHouse on April 07, 2008, 07:18:43 PM
Where do you buy your wire?  (apexjr?)

I got it from eBay, but apexjr has it too (I got some shielded teflon wire from him).
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

fluoreszenz

Just finished the "tubesteamer" (TS 808) i built for a friend... 

:)

Valoosj

A custom order, looks like it came straight out of space :D

text isn't too readable in the pics, but irl it is.

Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

mr.adambeck

How do you do that, (with the bottom of the pedal changing colors)?  Is it an LED inside, over plexiglass?  Is there a tutorial anywhere for this?

Pushtone

You'll have to hunt back several pages in this thread for the Plexiglass trick.

No tutorial on how to do it but hints (good hints) are given.

Then its up to you to make it work with what your building.
It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith

Renegadrian

The tube steamer is so good, simple but effective...And god, that TL...Jaw dropping... :icon_eek: (should be a jaw dropping icon...)
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

kurtlives

For the plexi glass all you need is plexi glass and dont forget to counter sink the bolts.
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

sshrugg

Quote from: kurtlives on April 08, 2008, 08:12:56 PM
For the plexi glass all you need is plexi glass and dont forget to counter sink the bolts.

The only difficulty I had with mine is sanding down the lip of the enclosures lid so it would sit right up against the plexiglass.  Took a million years, but it's worth it.
Built: Fuzz Face, Big Muff Pi (Stock), Distortion + (Germanium and Silicon versions)

danielzink

Quote from: sshrugg on April 08, 2008, 08:22:10 PM

Why would you counter sink the bolts ?
You still need the bottom plate of the enclosure........and that's counter-sunk....

Dan

Dragonfly

I urge you guys to start looking at this thread at the beginning... look at the builds people were doing just a couple of years ago. While they were charming in their own right, and many looked pretty cool (especially for their time), they are nowhere near what you guys are turning out these days ! Some of these builds you guys are doing...even "first" and "second" builds...are just mind boggling to those of us who have been around for a while. Amazing !

andrew_k

Quote from: Dragonfly on April 08, 2008, 09:24:24 PM
I urge you guys to start looking at this thread at the beginning...

Did that before I bought my first soldering iron. This thread is the single most inspiring thing I've ever seen on a forum  :icon_mrgreen:
It's a real shame many of the photos in the early posts are starting to disappear due to hosting.

juse

Quote from: sshrugg on April 08, 2008, 08:22:10 PM

The only difficulty I had with mine is sanding down the lip of the enclosures lid so it would sit right up against the plexiglass.  Took a million years, but it's worth it.

Melt it into the plexi with an iron... lay the plexi on a table or bench or whatever, then the lid on top of it with the lip/ridge side down, then the iron on the top. Press the iron against the lid until it is warm enough to melt down into the plexi. Piece of cake. Then you have a channel that the lid will always sit in.