SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprog

Quote from: bleubleu on April 15, 2008, 10:29:45 PM
Hi!

First post on the picture thread. I finally got to paint almost my stompboxes over the last 2 weeks.

Wow, very nice - pro work. Awesome......

Dragonfly

Dragonfly

I got the final clear coats on these two...now it's time to let them sit for 5-7 days and I'll drill 'em and put the guts in 'em !  :)

Valoosj

Awesome D.!
I went to the arts & crafts store last week to get my paint. I hope I get some nice results like you do.
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Dragonfly

Quote from: Valoosj on April 15, 2008, 11:36:26 PM
Awesome D.!
I went to the arts & crafts store last week to get my paint. I hope I get some nice results like you do.

It just takes practice. Getting the paint consistency right and then learning "when to stop" are the keys, IMO.

pravudh

Quote from: Pushtone on April 15, 2008, 01:18:01 PM

Awesome pravudh,

Two tube screamers and a chorus?

Love the wood sides and etching.
Those labels are never going to chip off!

Did you make the enclosure?
no,it is 2 crunch box and 1 smallclone.
that  enclosure  i have brought form my friend
thank.  :D

MarcoMike

I need a "jaw dropping" smiley...
Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible.

Renegadrian

Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

Renegadrian

2- I tape the enclosure on a cardboard tube (like the tube inside a toilet paper roll) from the inside so I can hold the enclosure when painting and it can stand nicely when drying.

Hey, I do the same thing!!! toilet paper tube...yes,cheap an' useful... :icon_wink:
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

jayp5150

Pi Blue Ribbon (Big Muff Pi)

I bet you could sell one of those to Kid Rock. That's awesome!

BDuguay

I don't know what to say except 'I don't know what to say' :)
B.

Chawk

Hi!

First post on the picture thread. I finally got to paint almost my stompboxes over the last 2 weeks.

Great stuff bleubleu!
"Why don't those stupid idiots let me in their crappy club for jerks!"--Homer Simpson

Grizz

Bleubleu, what kind of software do you use to make your graphics?

Grizz

mr.adambeck

Birt-
I'm loving your spiderweb design!

ubersam

Quote from: pravudh on April 15, 2008, 11:50:13 AM
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh217/pravudh/britishoil.jpg

i name this Brithish master  ;D
I like your choice of colors.

Hi!

First post on the picture thread. I finally got to paint almost my stompboxes over the last 2 weeks....
Nice!  ;D

davent

Quote from: Dragonfly on April 15, 2008, 01:39:20 PM
Quote from: sprog on April 15, 2008, 01:22:27 PM
Quote from: Dragonfly on April 14, 2008, 07:06:16 PM
Well, it's not a pedal, but I had to do it anyway....

Maybe you could laminate a thin sheet of lexan over it to protect it.

It has a THICK coating of acrylic spray on it now. :)

Have you tried painting the back of clear Lexan and using that as your pickguard material?  I've done an amp faceplate with 1/16" Lexan and once mounted there no risk of damaging your hard earned artwork. No pick, ring or fingernail... no matter how hard you play will ever get through that polycarbonate.

Take care,
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

sprog

Quote from: davent on April 17, 2008, 01:50:38 PM
Have you tried painting the back of clear Lexan and using that as your pickguard material?  I've done an amp faceplate with 1/16" Lexan and once mounted there no risk of damaging your hard earned artwork. No pick, ring or fingernail... no matter how hard you play will ever get through that polycarbonate.

Take care,
dave

Brilliant!

Dragonfly

Take care,
dave

Won't work...

Think about how the paint swirls, with one layer resting on top of another.....

sprog

Quote from: Dragonfly on April 17, 2008, 02:07:46 PM

Take care,
dave

Won't work...

What about if you did the sparse dribbles first, then built up the larger amounts of paint over that, swirling as you went?

Dragonfly

Quote from: sprog on April 17, 2008, 02:16:50 PM
Quote from: Dragonfly on April 17, 2008, 02:07:46 PM

Take care,
dave

Won't work...

What about if you did the sparse dribbles first, then built up the larger amounts of paint over that, swirling as you went?

I suppose it could be tried, but I do swirls quite a bit differently now that I was doing when I did the tutorial.