News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morocotopo

Not strictly a stompbox, I mean, you could stomp it but it won´t make any difference in sound  ;D
guess what it is...

Morocotopo
Morocotopo

bleubleu

Seriously, what is it ? Where is the schematic for that ?

Mat
Completed : Fuzz face, Big Muff Pi, Rebote Delay 2.5, DOD 280 Comp, RAT, BSIAB2, EHX Pulsar, DS-1, TS-808, Buffered Wah, Electric Mistress, DOD 440 EF, Dyno My Piano, Power Supply
Building : 6-Band EQ, Mr. EQ, Polyphaser, Ross Phaser, ROG Omega & Thor

Morocotopo

A valve preamp, as it says on the front panel. It´s the Marshall JCM 800 preamp, with some mods and additions by me. Schem is all over the net. 2204 is the marshall model.

Morocotopo
Morocotopo

bleubleu

Cool. I would really like a gut shot of this.

Mat
Completed : Fuzz face, Big Muff Pi, Rebote Delay 2.5, DOD 280 Comp, RAT, BSIAB2, EHX Pulsar, DS-1, TS-808, Buffered Wah, Electric Mistress, DOD 440 EF, Dyno My Piano, Power Supply

MasaRGR

I finished this about a month ago, but just recently got it back from the other guitarist in my band who "borrowed" it on the first test day at rehearsal and wouldn't give it back  ;D

It is the Burning Crunch version of the Krank pedal designed by Daniel Schwartz. http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=65308.0

It sounds great and I followed Daniel's suggestion to try and fit it in a 1590b sized box. It worked, but I had to cannibalize some jacks from an old DOD pedal and had to remove some plastic material from the jacks to get the lid to close properly. All in all, it was a really tight fit, but it worked great right out the gate. Again, a big thanks to Daniel for the layout and all the help answering my questions.

Morocotopo

Masa, nice work. Nanocrunch!  ;D
bleubleu, here´s a gut shot. Don´t be scared! Mess of shielded wire everywhere, wanted to get noise to a minimum . Sub-enclosure for the xformers to avoid noise. added a speaker sim circuit, a 2 stage resistive attenuator (the thing has inmense output), a 2 stage lowpass filter (to get a more natural sound w/direct plugging), a boost switch and an FX loop.
It sounded great when testing, haven´t tested it yet fully assembled (finished it yesterday), from clean to dirt. Really in a different class than most OD pedals.

Morocotopo
Morocotopo

bleubleu

This is amazing man.

Last question, where did you get the huge enclosure with the handles ?

Mat

zeta55

Quote from: Morocotopo on May 02, 2008, 10:59:49 AM
bleubleu, here´s a gut shot. Don´t be scared! Mess of shielded wire everywhere, wanted to get noise to a minimum . Sub-enclosure for the xformers to avoid noise. added a speaker sim circuit, a 2 stage resistive attenuator (the thing has inmense output), a 2 stage lowpass filter (to get a more natural sound w/direct plugging), a boost switch and an FX loop.
It sounded great when testing, haven´t tested it yet fully assembled (finished it yesterday), from clean to dirt. Really in a different class than most OD pedals.

Morocotopo

That's a beauty, from the enclosure to the guts!
If it sounds as good as it looks, congrats!

/Krister
Visit my site: http://www.zeta-sound.se/

MicFarlow77

Quote from: Pushtone on April 22, 2008, 02:26:30 AM

Hey Push, I really like those knobs.  They look like some of those soft touch types. Where did you get them?

All of those tube pedals really look sharp. GREAT WORK!

Thanks,

Mick

Pushtone

Thanks Mic.  I'd love to do something in one of your enclosures but I keep missing the sales.

I got the knobs from ebay. 100 knobs for $20.00
I think they are a Rean knockoffs.

Looks like Morocotopo is using them too for that incredible tube preamp at the top of this page.

Only problem is they are for fluted shafts and I have to drill them out to fit round shafts.
They are soft and rubbery, cover the nuts really well and are the same 16mm diameter as the alpha pots.

Not sure what I'll do when I run out?
It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith

MicFarlow77

Quote from: Pushtone on May 02, 2008, 03:01:20 PM

Thanks Mic.  I'd love to do something in one of your enclosures but I keep missing the sales.

I got the knobs from ebay. 100 knobs for $20.00
I think they are a Rean knockoffs.

Looks like Morocotopo is using them too for that incredible tube preamp at the top of this page.

Only problem is they are for fluted shafts and I have to drill them out to fit round shafts.
They are soft and rubbery, cover the nuts really well and are the same 16mm diameter as the alpha pots.

Not sure what I'll do when I run out?

Yeah, I like them, but it's frustrating that they are for splined shafts only. I guess if I want good knobs I am going to have to figure out how to do them on my own... ;D ;D

On the enclosure front, I have a huge run of enclosures that I will be starting in the next few days. Here is a summary:

(6) of the 14 wide by 6.5 deep ones
(5) of the 6 by 6.5 ADA sized ones
(10) of the 3 x 4.5 sized ones

and I will also introduce a limited run of 6" round ones. (5) of them maybe.

I will also be getting some custom designs out that have been comissioned so it is shaping up to be a real busy spring and summer!

Thanks,

Mick

bleubleu

MicFarlow77

Quote from: bleubleu on May 02, 2008, 03:47:57 PM
effectsconnection has those knobs. 50 cents each.

http://www.effectsconnection.com/oscommerce/product_info.php?cPath=27&products_id=160

Mat

Cool... and he's right down the road a bit... Thanks Mat

darron

Quote from: Morocotopo on May 02, 2008, 10:59:49 AM

Morocotopo

hey Morocotopo. looks cool as! i wouldn't want to try anything like that for a while. quick question: do you think that isolating the ac transformer the way that you did makes a difference? i've often wondered about that sort of thing.

thanks (:
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

letsgocoyote

its a lite boost/preamp with 2 band EQ controlled byt he two axis of the joystick :D

darron

Quote from: letsgocoyote on May 02, 2008, 10:40:51 PM

its a lite boost/preamp with 2 band EQ controlled byt he two axis of the joystick :D

now you're just being a smart arse... haha
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

greigoroth

Quote from: letsgocoyote on May 02, 2008, 10:40:51 PM

How the hell???

That is so cool!
Built: GGG Green Ringer

frequencycentral

letsgocoyote - nice build - where was the joystick from?
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

letsgocoyote

I bought the joystick from Devi Ever, but I dont know if she will sell them individually anymore or not

tiges_ tendres

Quote from: letsgocoyote on May 03, 2008, 01:20:11 PM
I bought the joystick from Devi Ever, but I dont know if she will sell them individually anymore or not
I managed to snag one of those joysticks too.  They were out of stock a couple of weeks ago when I wanted to buy more.

With that set up are you able to use the full travel of the pot?  It would seem to me like the aluminum might prevent the shaft of the joystick from travelling all the way it could go.

The reason why I mention this is because I noticed when I was doing some experimenting that this was the case, but I didnt want to drill too big of a hole.  I got round this by using a stepper bit, and going a little deeper with the bit which game me a curved edge to the hole which allowed the joystick to hit that last part of the travel in the same sized hole.  You just have to be careful you dont go too deep with the bit.

Does that make sense?
Try a little tenderness.