SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

birt

how's the sound valoosj?
http://www.last.fm/user/birt/
visit http://www.effectsdatabase.com for info on (allmost) every effect in the world!

Renegadrian

Yorick and Arnoud, your pedals are great, that damn plexi border adds a  :icon_eek: appearance to the pedals...
Definitely are eye catching!!!
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

idlechatterbox

Quote from: tehfunk on June 08, 2008, 03:53:06 PM
wow idlechatterbox, I really like your work, are those the teko boxes from free trials? I really like that look; the rack gear aesthetic, as you put it.

I found the boxes on Craigslist. The guy selling them seemed to have had some connection to the cable company, and hinted that they were originally built for some type of cable-decoder box application.  :icon_razz:

carrejans

Quote from: Valoosj on June 11, 2008, 08:41:21 AM
Jan, what do you study and where? Who knows we might be closer to each other than we think.  :D

Hi Yorick,
I'm studying Industrial Engineering, option Electronics & ICT. I rent a room in Leuven; not that far from Antwerp.  ;)
Do you maybe know a good electronic component shop in Antwerp? If so, please send me a PM.
Sorry for off topic talk, guys...

birt

yeah leuven has no good electronics shop anywhere... if mechelen is easier you can try Atys for components, i go there whenever i need stuff i can't wait for. if i have the time i order from banzai
http://www.last.fm/user/birt/
visit http://www.effectsdatabase.com for info on (allmost) every effect in the world!

MarcoMike

Hey, no electronic shops, but.... what do I know about diamonds? Don't they come from Antwerp!?!?

ok, slighltly OT :-\... but I just love it!
Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible.

Valoosj

@ Renegradian: Thanks. I just redid the border. The LED only has 3000mcd, this doesn't cut it. So here it is with a white 6000mcd LED.

@Birt: I'll let you know tomorrow, as the pedal is missing one pot. But my package arrived at the postal office, so I'll get it tomorrow.

@ Jan: Leuven is not that far from Antwerp. Next time I go there to party with my best friend who studies biology we can hang out ;)
     As for a good shop in Antwerp: there's Rato electronics.

@ Marcomike: Diamonds come from all over the world, from deep under the ground :D Antwerp has the greatest craftsmen to cut them though :)
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

frodello

Dear all! This is my first post to this forum. So in the same time that i´m posting my "BROKJI Big Muff Pi LEGO" from ggg,
i want to thank everybody for help and inspiration! I am hooked, hurray! ;D

ugly_guitar_guy

Quote from: frodello on June 11, 2008, 06:25:12 PM
Dear all! This is my first post to this forum. So in the same time that i´m posting my "BROKJI Big Muff Pi LEGO" from ggg,

Ok, now that's just awesome....
Check out my metal band here: www.facebook.com/hollowshell
or
my personal effects building page here: www.facebook.com/brotronics

GREEN FUZ

SonicVI

That's brilliant!  I hope it's all glued together or something. :)

disto

Quote from: SonicVI on June 11, 2008, 06:35:18 PM
That's brilliant!  I hope it's all glued together or something. :)
lol why glue it together isnt the great thing about lego that when your bored of it you can rip it apart and build something new  ;D

great idea frodello i like it a lot

Renegadrian

Do you believe me if I tell you I was thinking  about a LEGO enclosure the last days?! Nice to see I'm not the only mad!!!  :icon_lol:
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

updrumr

Hey guys,

I'm new here, this is my 1st post.  though i'm not much for the electronics aspect of it, i am into fabricating enclosures: particularly the EH style boxes.
I'm wondering if "galvanealed" mild steel is paintable ( i found a supplier, but they only have that in 22 ga. )  I'd like to make the tops out of .050" aluminum, but hard to find, and rather pricey.
If anyone has any ideas for custom enclosures, let me know.  I love a challenge.

later,

Brad
Brad.

Stephenson Fabrication. CEO

liddokun

From now on I'm doing all my enclosures with a plexi border.  They look so cool.  I want one with every colour. haha
To those about to rock, we salute you.

ACS

Quote from: ambulancevoice on June 11, 2008, 07:53:31 AM
Quote from: foxfire on June 11, 2008, 07:09:17 AM
Quote from: ACS on June 11, 2008, 06:50:38 AM
Finished the circuit on this one a while back - so long ago that I'm rather embarassed to say that I can't actually remember which circuit it was!  :icon_redface:

Anyway, finally finished up - let's just call it my One Knob Fuzz...

ok now so how did you do that? i've never seen a paint job like that. very cool. rylan

looks like it was painted yellow, dried, then painted black, and while it was wet, some sort of sharp or pointy instrument to make the scratch marks in the wet paint

Close-ish ;D

Base coat with Yellow, dry.  Pour on secret mixture (actually a super-saturated Urea solution, with some ammonia and detergent), let dry.  When it dries it forms very cool crystals.  Top coat with a light coat of black, let dry, then wash crystals off.  Clear coat and enjoy!

There's a commercial product available that's used in the same way and does much the same thing...  This was my first attempt at this kind of finish, and took a few attempts to get a decent finish, but I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.  Especially since it's on a 25c 'steel stud' enclosure which has come up just about as good as a $10 aluminium box.  It's amazing what a bit of JB weld can do...  ;)

Dragonfly

This ones going to England....

kurtlives

Amazing...Whats with the rivets?
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

Dragonfly

Quote from: kurtlives on June 11, 2008, 10:55:20 PM
Amazing...Whats with the rivets?

They hold the battery clip in place :)

Filament

Quote from: frodello on June 11, 2008, 06:25:12 PM

Crap, I was going to do that for the pedal pageant over at BYOC.  Well, there goes that idea.  Shit.
This is not my large automobile