News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zedmin_fx

Danke it turned out better that I thought it would. I tryed a few different paints on it, I liked the gold and black (it looked like wood grain) but the power went out and I screwed it so I started over very carefully in the sunlight.

any

Just an updated pic of my micro Amp dubbed "Night Flyer" as it sounds great through the headphone output
making it ideal for night time noodling...

The label is done by printing a mirror image on a transparent Overhead sheet with the clear double sided tape
applied on the "ink" side of the sheet. This means the top of the pedal is unprinted clearsheet, very hard wearing
and it looks great imho.

Cheers,
It's supposed to sound that way.

Fl!P

Quote from: any on June 16, 2008, 05:16:03 PM
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=22966&g2_serialNumber=1

The label is done by printing a mirror image on a transparent Overhead sheet with the clear double sided tape
applied on the "ink" side of the sheet. This means the top of the pedal is unprinted clearsheet, very hard wearing...

Excellent idea!
Looks good.
Completed Builds: Gus Booster, Plexizer, BSIABII, Si/Ge Fuzz Face w/ RM Mod, Orange Squeezer
To Do List: Valvecaster, Small Clone, Jawari

For Sale:Marshall Footswitch

Michael Allen

applied on the "ink" side of the sheet. This means the top of the pedal is unprinted clearsheet, very hard wearing
and it looks great imho.

how does the tape work for you? Do you pull out a full length and then lay it on the transparency and then trim off excess tape? I would imagine you get fingerprints on there if you touch any tape under the transparency. Do you clear coat the top? Nicely done!

Fuzzy-Train

Quote from: disto on June 16, 2008, 02:51:59 PM
Quote from: Fuzzy-Train on June 15, 2008, 10:53:47 PM

To keep it SB related... here's my newly acquired delay!! I didn't build it but it's still awesome!

nice what do you think of the new memory man? have you compared it to an original?

I've never had any other delay pedal, other than my rebote 2.5, and some multi effects junk to compare it to. I did try the dd-20 at the store though, and I liked this one much better. It can be crazy over the top delay, but it can also be pretty tame. I also found it to be more versatile. The reverse is so fun to mess around with as well. I don't think it would be fair to compare it to the original... 2 different beast really.
THERE IS NO SIG.

The user formerly known as NoNothing.

Stuff I built!
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/Cpt_sergeant/?start=allRandom

beatstrat

Just an updated pic of my micro Amp dubbed "Night Flyer" as it sounds great through the headphone output
making it ideal for night time noodling...

and it looks great imho.

Cheers,

I love the size and layout of this - do you have this in the gallery?  Hip.

any

Quote from: Michael Allen on June 16, 2008, 06:56:36 PM
how does the tape work for you? Do you pull out a full length and then lay it on the transparency and then trim off excess tape? I would imagine you get fingerprints on there if you touch any tape under the transparency. Do you clear coat the top? Nicely done!

I use Carpet Backing tape, which is nearly fully transparent, like you said, just put the tape on before cutting to size.
Leave a bit off excess on to account for your fingers handling the tape.
Being a Graphic designer, I know the best way of applying sticker material...
Degrease the pedal surface (important!) Use a sharpie to peel the paper backing on one corner,
only handle the sticker edge for positioning (the transparency sheet is firm enough to not buckle)
Start adhering in one corner only, and continue if alignment looks ok.
Always use a lint free cloth afterwards to apply pressure and rub the sticker firmly on the enclosure.

presto, should be stuck for almost ever.

Don't have a layout for this, it's built on a piece of perf, I'll see If I can post a perf layout at some stage.
It is a VERY tight fit though, you need to loosen the speaker output jack and push it in before
you can mount the board and pots which need a little bit of force to make the angle in.
(9mm alpha's would work a lot better in this regard.)

You can find earlier posted pics of the guts here:
http://www.anyplace.nl/pics/diy/guts2.JPG
http://www.anyplace.nl/pics/diy/guts1.JPG
It's supposed to sound that way.

cheeb

Quote from: Zedmin_fx on June 16, 2008, 02:06:08 PM

It looks like a school-classroom-poster picture of Mars.

pott

My BSIABII. Doesn't look so good I guess, but it sounds alright.

Zedmin_fx

[/quote]
It looks like a school-classroom-poster picture of Mars.
[/quote]

Ha Ha your right man.

ubersam

slacker

Quote from: pott on June 17, 2008, 07:55:42 AM
My BSIABII. Doesn't look so good I guess, but it sounds alright.

Looks fine to me, it's what it sounds like that matters anyway :)

AM

Empty post. Sorry but I didn't manage to upload the picture

~arph

Hamster Chorus,

Tonepad Small Clone, with stereo output and a depth switch to switch between two BBD clock rate caps (100pF and 220pF)

http://www.friedair.com/images/hamster-outside.jpg
http://www.friedair.com/images/hamster-inside.jpg

For some reason img tags don't work.  :icon_confused:

ppatchmods

That's a nice build man!  I like the brushed aluminum look.  It has always looked great with black graphix.  Sweet!
When your life is over, will any of this STUFF really matter?

~arph

earthtonesaudio

Now what about a Hamster Fuzz?

~arph

Actually, it is going to be the "Electric Hamster Fuzz"  it's on the breadboard  now and on vero tonight  8)
It's a modified Montezuma by AC. I used a 2N2222 as  Q1, 0.1uF input cap, 4n7 cap to ground after Q1 and a 1n cap to ground after Q2, fixed gain and some small resistor changes (3M9 instead of 3M3), I wrote all this from the top of my head, but I think that's all. It sounds brilliant. A little smoother and less fizzy than the original. I'll try to get some soundclips going, but I just can't seem to get a good (hum-free that is) recording setup.

Cheers

~arph

Valoosj

Nice build arph. I took a look at your site today, the sequence wah is very nice!

btw, you have pm about an unbuffered CD4093, sent it 2 days ago. Did it arrive?
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

fuzzo

hi, first post in this forum (i read it since some day, there're a lot of good things here!! :icon_biggrin: ).

I did some effects but I didn"t like the sound so I haven't put them in boxes. 

I post some pics of my build (with boxes)

un EHX LPB1  (destroyed by a  hammer knock  :-\)

a fuzz face with has some troubles, it has, some times an odd  "ouinnnouinnnnnn" sound. I fixed it and the probleme comes back so I remove the circuit and keep the boxe to put an other stuff. Maybe a treble booster. It's a pity 'cause I loved the sound of this fuzz.

An empty boxe, I put pots and switches for the photoshoot ;D

I don't know what I can put into this. I think a modified tubescreamer with bass/treble EQ and a switch to add hard clipping to have more gain.