News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apehouse

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music" -Aldous Huxley

joegagan

Quote from: uuav on June 29, 2008, 01:22:11 PM
Quote from: ambulancevoice on June 28, 2008, 07:42:03 PM
Andy , the guts of that pedal remind me of the maestro fz-1 guts

my latest build  ;)

With two 2n270 and one ac125

wow that is so cool, it is etherreal

can you tell us what inspired you to make it so new and old lookng like that?
i am interested, i love the pedal!
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

uuav

Quote from: joegagan on June 30, 2008, 03:47:28 PM
wow that is so cool, it is etherreal

can you tell us what inspired you to make it so new and old lookng like that?
i am interested, i love the pedal!

That's it :)

joegagan

ok, great pics.

now if you could take it one step further, the only thing shiny on your pedal is the switch area. if you could crud it up and find some big funky washers you would really have it!
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

killerkev

Another Foxx Tone Machine built for a friend:

Booster.... Two LPB's in one box:

Wheeman

My latest builds:

My first try with a Hammond style enclosure and painting. It's Mark Hammer's Chaos, which is nice design.

Its a wee bit rough, but still looks pretty cool. Used Dragonfly's method. I'm almost afraid to put it in my chain just yet because it looks so fragile compared to...

Its two new clippers in the same box. One is stock using Si diodes whereas the other is heavily modded with LEDs to clip. The modded one has a little more bottom end to it, but combined they scream and cause massive feedback with the first one cranked and the other one limiting the volume.

And finally...

A Sili-face sans knobs with a gain control. This one is for my guitar teacher who got me hooked on building in the first place.

I need to build something other than a distortion...

John Lyons

Octave fuzz

Tube Screamer Reggae style

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Naz Nomad

Quote from: railhead on June 30, 2008, 10:46:21 AM
Quote from: petemoore on June 30, 2008, 09:45:21 AM
  Some of these camera shots let my eyes see better than my eyes, not exactly a replication, more like a super-replication, is that a miniscule spec of dust I see on the otherwise pristine and sharp looking board?

Heh, yes. I'm also a photographer, and I do alot of macro shots -- which is what you see here.

Nice depth of field dude ...  :icon_biggrin:
... riding a Lissajous curve to oblivion.

JasonG

That fuzz clone font looks good. What is it called?
Class A booster , Dod 250 , Jfet booster, Optical Tremolo, Little Gem 2,  mosfet boost, Super fuzz , ESP stand alone spring reverb red Llama omni-drive , splitter blender ,

NEVER use gorilla glue for guitar repairs! It's Titebond , Elmers, or Superglue

soggybag

Just remember, that with great power comes great responsibility:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/Schematics-etc/earthtonesgallery/Earth+and+Space+Interface.png.html
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/Schematics-etc/earthtonesgallery/Earth+and+Space+Wah.png.html
[/quote]

Hey that's pretty nifty! I'm really digging the look of your antenna interface, ingenious . This looks very simple, does it work well? The bass wah looks pretty cool also. Have you posted sound samples anywhere?

stumper1

Bass Balls with mods suggested by Mr. Hammer.  Great envelope filter and synth type tones.  Lots of fun! 8)  Thanks Mark!

Totally un-original....  a ValveCaster inspired by (copied from) Pushtone...  Fun build.  Sounds great.

Thank you Pushtone!
DericĀ®

AM

trendyironicname

looking at the great reggae pedal brings up a question i've been wanting to ask... when you do multiple colors, how do you even things out?  so there's no little cliffs in between colors and stuff.  basically, i'm not sure what i'm asking, i just know it never quite works out for me yet.
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

John Lyons

"looking at the great reggae pedal brings up a question i've been wanting to ask... when you do multiple colors, how do you even things out?  so there's no little cliffs in between colors and stuff.  basically, i'm not sure what i'm asking, i just know it never quite works out for me yet."

When I sprayed on the second color I taped off the first color and didn't overlap the two colors.
Take your time when masking off the first color with tape so you just go to the edge of the first color but not over.

I lightly wet sanded the line where the colors met, there was a slight ridge. 400 grit or more...lightly!!
Then when you have all the colors the way you want them clearcoat with a couple coats and wet sand some more.
Be carefull wet sanding, too far and you will sand through the color coat.
This is where the clear helps because you can sand more without risk of sanding through.
There is a slight ridge still but I didn't go too thick on the clear coat either.

john
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

trendyironicname

i like all of your stuff john.

and thanks.  i had soooooo many problems with that kind of stuff.  Mainly, tape pulling up paint because i'm too impatient and can't really bake with tape on.  and grossly uneven paint because i like a lot of coats but can't seem to keep count.  not even sure that different colors would have the same thickness even if i was real careful about counting anyhow.  inspires me to start again.
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Renegadrian

The art of masking is great to learn...I learn it with guitars...basically you can also leave the ridge and put some coats of clear, maybe more than a single colored one...then you can dry/wet sand it and even buff it.
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

rikkards

Ah wetsanding, I will be doing a lot of that in the next couple of days with my Jeep. Not sure how I feel about it

Quote from: John Lyons on July 04, 2008, 11:44:31 PM
"looking at the great reggae pedal brings up a question i've been wanting to ask... when you do multiple colors, how do you even things out?  so there's no little cliffs in between colors and stuff.  basically, i'm not sure what i'm asking, i just know it never quite works out for me yet."

When I sprayed on the second color I taped off the first color and didn't overlap the two colors.
Take your time when masking off the first color with tape so you just go to the edge of the first color but not over.

I lightly wet sanded the line where the colors met, there was a slight ridge. 400 grit or more...lightly!!
Then when you have all the colors the way you want them clearcoat with a couple coats and wet sand some more.
Be carefull wet sanding, too far and you will sand through the color coat.
This is where the clear helps because you can sand more without risk of sanding through.
There is a slight ridge still but I didn't go too thick on the clear coat either.

john

Pedals built: Kay Fuzztone, Fuzz Face, Foxx Tone Machine, May Queen, Buffer/Booster, ROG Thor, BSIAB2, ROG Supreaux,  Electrictab JCM800 Emulator, ROG Eighteen
Present Project: '98 Jeep TJ

Filament

This is not my large automobile

John Lyons

Oh forgot. Use blue "painters tape" to mask off your work.
It is a low tack adhesive. It holds well but come off easier without peeling up your paint.
Costs a bit more but it works well.

The Reggae TS is for my brother. He's played in this roots reggae band for years now. "Soul Majestic"
They went to Jamaica and recorded a full length CD at Bob Marley's Tuff Gong studio. Cool pics!
Where else you gonna see huge planters full of weed flanking the entrance?  :icon_lol:

john
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Hanglow

Not particularly good looking, but I got my first new camera in 10 years yesterday so have been using it (badly) :icon_redface:  click to enlarge

A few projects I've done recently:

Inside of a big muff, BC338 trannies. Some spagetti action going on there , but no matter it's dead quiet. Disturbingly lacking in noise actually, I thought these were supposed to be noisy! Even tried it with darlingtons in there and it was still very quiet. My current favourite distortion/fuzz pedal

I got some of those electrical junction boxes from B&Q really cheap. Deceded to make it without using a drill - I got some extra washers from screwfix and stuck them over the knocked out holes, you can see in this pic. works really well, although I wouldn't be too sure of gigging with them. I'll see how they hold up with home use

Inside of this one is a TS808 type, with a  CA3240 chip in it.

Not an effect but I'll put it up anyway as its related :D . Reused an old radio to make a 5F2A type build. Not finished yet as you can see, its currently in tweaking phase, as the inside pic shows :D Need to neaten it up and mount the lighbulb properly. The suede is just temporary I think, I'd like to get one or two 6" speakers in there. It currently uses a Valve junior OT, back to back transformers for the PS, an EL33 (sounds great!) output tube or 6v6 in the other octal socket, switchable NFB and lighbulb expander.