SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hanglow

frequencycentral

Quote from: Hanglow on July 05, 2008, 11:43:47 AM

I just love the very minimalist approach.............
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

Hanglow

;D Yeah imageshack was being slow so I thought I'd try somewhere else but it wouldn't show up  :icon_evil:

davent

Quote from: Renegadrian on July 05, 2008, 02:12:32 AM
The art of masking is great to learn...I learn it with guitars...basically you can also leave the ridge and put some coats of clear, maybe more than a single colored one...then you can dry/wet sand it and even buff it.

I too like to do all the levelling in the clearcoat. Something else that can help when masking is to shoot a coat of clear after masking but before doing the second colour. Helps to prevent the second colour from bleeding under the mask onto your first colour.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

gutsofgold

Quote from: Hanglow on July 05, 2008, 11:43:10 AM
Not particularly good looking, but I got my first new camera in 10 years yesterday so have been using it (badly) :icon_redface:  click to enlarge

A few projects I've done recently:

Inside of a big muff, BC338 trannies. Some spagetti action going on there , but no matter it's dead quiet. Disturbingly lacking in noise actually, I thought these were supposed to be noisy! Even tried it with darlingtons in there and it was still very quiet. My current favourite distortion/fuzz pedal

Pretty cool looking, how did you ground using those input and ouput jacks?

Hanglow

Quote from: gutsofgold on July 05, 2008, 04:37:34 PM
Quote from: Hanglow on July 05, 2008, 11:43:10 AM
Not particularly good looking, but I got my first new camera in 10 years yesterday so have been using it (badly) :icon_redface:  click to enlarge

A few projects I've done recently:

Inside of a big muff, BC338 trannies. Some spagetti action going on there , but no matter it's dead quiet. Disturbingly lacking in noise actually, I thought these were supposed to be noisy! Even tried it with darlingtons in there and it was still very quiet. My current favourite distortion/fuzz pedal

Pretty cool looking, how did you ground using those input and ouput jacks?

Just one wire connected to the input jack gound the then the other end of it in between the jack and box, so as the jack is tightened up it squeezes it and makes a connection. It's a bit easier than trying to get solder to stick properly to the inside of the hammond box I think.

Vaum

Boring Ol' Buzzaround.

Found this. Any suggestions on what to put in it?

Jimmy-H

Quote from: Vaum on July 05, 2008, 07:06:34 PM

In this kind of box I build a pepper shredder, that I called the Indian Twin Tube Distortion.
It was a printer switch.

The result of my build can be found in a other thread:  http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?PHPSESSID=c460943ca4d27dd836fe12b82695e7f0&topic=63479.480
Somewhere on the bottom of the page.

joegagan

Quote from: John Lyons on July 05, 2008, 11:38:02 AM
Oh forgot. Use blue "painters tape" to mask off your work.
It is a low tack adhesive. It holds well but come off easier without peeling up your paint.
Costs a bit more but it works well.

The Reggae TS is for my brother. He's played in this roots reggae band for years now. "Soul Majestic"
They went to Jamaica and recorded a full length CD at Bob Marley's Tuff Gong studio. Cool pics!
Where else you gonna see huge planters full of weed flanking the entrance?  :icon_lol:

john

while we are on the subject of masking tape, the light green stuff sold at autozone is nice for bending around curvey lines, and is 'low tack' like the blue stuff john refers to.
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

earthtonesaudio

Quote from: John Lyons on July 03, 2008, 08:11:52 PM

Octave fuzz

Tube Screamer Reggae style

Tube Wailer!!!!

John Lyons

"Tube Wailer"
Nice one!

john
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

andrew_k

Dano's FKR (modded ProCo Rat) --http://www.beavisaudio.com/Projects/FKR/ -- in a Daphon delay enclosure using the Tonepad Rat PCB layout.

I was going for a Mad Max look with the copper and old resistors. It sounds fantastic.

ambulancevoice

great use of the daphon enclosure
all i have are daphon pedals
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

suregork

Here are some pictures of my newest baby: the Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe..

http://www.kolumbus.fi/mkrogerus/suregork/vv2.jpg
http://www.kolumbus.fi/mkrogerus/suregork/vv3.jpg

I was very suprised it worked straight away, as this was my first ever pcb etch (I know, I could have chosen an easier project :)), and it sounds awesome.. Not very happy about the swirl, but I think it looks kinda cool. Now I just have to paint some white labels for the controls..
Successfully built: Mosfet Boost, Red Llama, Crunch Box, SHO, RM Voodoo Vibe, Fuzz Face, Ross Comp, 9V Electric Mistress, Modded Crybaby

Dragonfly

I just painted this for a customer... hopefully he'll like it, but if not, I'll keep it and make something out of it !

Zedmin_fx

sick I really love it!!!!! I have a few swirls I am going to do later on today I just cannt wait.

andrew_k

Quote from: ambulancevoice on July 06, 2008, 08:30:32 AM
great use of the daphon enclosure
all i have are daphon pedals

Thanks man. If you ever feel like sacrificing one of your Daphons, the only hole you need to drill to fit a 3PDT in there is the top one where it sticks out...

Zedmin_fx

Its turned out perty good even the sides are really sick, I put pilot holes inplace so thats why you see dimples.

John Lyons

DIg that look!
Nice one.

john

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

andrew_k

Quote from: John Lyons on July 06, 2008, 11:38:27 PM
DIg that look!
Nice one.

Thanks John  :icon_mrgreen: Your continuing experiments in enclosure finishing inspired me to try something different as well.