News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GREEN FUZ

Hehe!! Cool picture. Think I`ll stick with my original idea though. I`ve used a different picture to your one anyway. To be honest I`m surprised no-one thought of using the Green Lantern for a Green Ringer pedal before now.

davent

Hello all,
Tried the Tonepad layout couldn't get it to work, did my own layout couldn't get it to work, did a layout as designed with positive ground and now have a great sounding fuzz. :icon_exclaim: Used a positive ground Millenium II for led switching.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

gutsofgold

The enclosure says Fuzztone but inside is brett's Hidrosis fuzz. I had the enclosure laying around from my scrapped Fuzztone project and I also happened to have an old populated Hidrosis board. Coincidentally the Hidrosis kind of sounds like the FZ-1  ;D. Not sure if I'll keep this one.

Auke Haarsma

Quote from: davent on July 08, 2008, 10:35:20 PM
Hello all,
Tried the Tonepad layout couldn't get it to work, did my own layout couldn't get it to work, did a layout as designed with positive ground and now have a great sounding fuzz. :icon_exclaim: Used a positive ground Millenium II for led switching.

dave

Love it! Really nice!

composition4

My latest pedal (ROG Thor) - sorry about the poor quality (phone's camera) capture, it made the white LED look messed up

Jonathan

Renegadrian

Not bad, Jonathan...Simple but well done!!!  :icon_wink:
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

jayp5150

I had built a TS808 for a friend at another forum, and it turns out a couple of his friends wanted some, too. Not what I planned, but why would I say no?  ;D

My wife painted these (acrylic with Krylon crystal clear over it)

railhead

Here's the final look of my metalcore distortion, TUA: Total Utter Annihilation.

Coming soon to RAILhead Effects!

~arph

Looking really pro! good job.
As you already said it is based on the dual rectifier circuit, could you enlighten us on what you changed? since we're on the diy forum...  ::)

John Lyons

I like this! Is the base color paint or is this a phenolic junction box?

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

John Lyons

This doesn't look like a decal lettering...rubber stamped?
Looks nice!

john

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

railhead

Quote from: John Lyons on July 09, 2008, 12:30:33 PM

This doesn't look like a decal lettering...rubber stamped?
Looks nice!

john

I make my own silkscreen and add text that way. If an effect has art, then it gets painted by hand.

ianmgull

I dug this relic up from a recent archaeological survey in Teotitlan. It appears to be a Faux-Tone Machine with input cap selection and GE/SI asm diode switching. Further analysis will be necessary.

Renegadrian

Nice...Yuor next one could be like a Mozilla Firefoxx tone machine?!  :icon_lol:
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

The French connection

GGG tuned Big muff is awesome and sound better than my vintage Green Russian Bif Muff Pi. The sparkle are there for real...coming from a discontinued :icon_frown: product i found at the local Canadian Tire

...And a MXR script Phase 45

Bonsoir!
Dan
I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/

kurtlives

Love the BMP graphics...  ;D
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

caress

did you purposefully spell "wavelenght" that way...?  ;)

The French connection

Quote from: caress on July 09, 2008, 11:15:43 PM
did you purposefully spell "wavelenght" that way...?  ;)

Dammit! Argggggggggggg! Yeah, it's conceptual definitively... :P Next time i'll label in french so i'm not gonna make mistake...Maybe it's gonna become a special edition in a century or two when they're gonna sell it at Sotheby's...Ha damn i wish the guy whose this one is made for would not notice it...I'm gonna tell him it's the spectroscopic way of writing it! ;)

Thanks for the spell check!
Dan
I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/

davent

Quote from: John Lyons on July 09, 2008, 12:26:22 PM

I like this! Is the base color paint or is this a phenolic junction box?

John

Hi John,

It's just a regular steel junction box that's been painted. It had sat dead in a draw for a couple of years with a white, spray can appliance epoxy paint job until I resurrected the pedal to see if i could make it work. Once the electronics were sorted out it was a "let's play with what's in the (acrylics) paint box" effort. Covered up the white with a hapazard brushing of burnt sienna. Scuffed it up with coarse sand paper. Smeared on and off some paste yellow ochre, may have done some more scuff sanding once dry.  Airbrushed on a variety of transparent yellows that were in the box. Graduated the sides with transparent brown. Used an old toothbrush to do a fine splatter of black paint over everything,  multiple light lacquer clearcoats and wet sanding to level it all,  then did the graphics with laser decals, airbrush and tiny paintbrush...more clearcoats, wet sanding you know the drill. Fun little exploration with the toys at hand. ;D

Exploded Detail

Cheers guys,
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

John Lyons

Thanks for the explanation Davent
You can tell it's not just the same old thing.
Has a lot of depth, I like the soft tone of it as well as the subtle multi color build up..
Looks great!

john
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/