News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frequencycentral

Quote from: Renegadrian on July 12, 2008, 06:06:28 PM
Rick, I'd like to know more about the double speed version you built and if there's a single speed too...Waitin' your build report topic!!! Nice build, it's gonna be a nice companion to our Valvies!!!  :icon_wink:

Build report soon. I will also do a single speed version - just for you! I guess it was the Valvecaster that started me on tubes.
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

Nikolay

another one from me:

updrumr

Here's a Pic. of an EH bad stone enclosure i did for my brother.  He's putting 2 circuits in it:

Brad.

Stephenson Fabrication. CEO

drj

^ that looks awesome !   

Renegadrian

Double Trouble...Looks so good!!!  :icon_eek:
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

railhead

We (my wife and I) finalized the artwork for my A/B channel switcher, The Switch, and here it is in all its hand-painted glory:

Processaurus

I would just love to see an entire pedalboard with exlusively pedals painteds like that.  Gramma Moses flatness.  Love the shine on them apples.

ambulancevoice

hahaha that little bird rules
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

darron

i've been playing around with my laser a bit:

DIY stomp-box BOX (box box? hmm..)

i was a little surprised that worked without errors on the first time. i missed out on wood work at school, but i managed to wrap my head around it. i haven't actually glued it together yet though.

not QUITE a stompbox, but like i said ages ago, Dragonfly set precedent :P

it's a scratchplate for a stratocaster. the image is paisley burnt into cherry wood. then a heap of coats of polyurethane. now, i don't actually OWN or have immediate access to a strat (that anyone wants to rip apart!), so i'm willing to give this away to anyone in Australia (saving me post cost) who's willing to gig it around a bit and report back on durability. maybe a photo after a few months or something could be good?

i might consider making these in the future to sell online. anything can be burnt/engraved, even a high-res photo. or i can just make them plain if you like the wood-look.

ALSO... i've been making the plexi-glow plates with the laser, but with a difference. you guys have been stuffing around and file off the metal on the lid to make the plate fit. that metal is there to add strength to the construction. my plates have been done with a grove to fit the metal in so there's no filing involved. i might consider selling those in the future too if there's any interest.

please PM me if you want the stratplate or have interest in anything else. later on i might set prices and post in the for sale section.

(:

darron

Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

~arph

Quote from: darron on July 14, 2008, 03:41:10 AM
ALSO... i've been making the plexi-glow plates with the laser, but with a difference. you guys have been stuffing around and file off the metal on the lid to make the plate fit. that metal is there to add strength to the construction. my plates have been done with a grove to fit the metal in so there's no filing involved. i might consider selling those in the future too if there's any interest.

That is the way. I melt them into place so the plexi get's joined with the plate forever, it does make the plexi break a lot faster if you screw the plate on too tight.

fryguy

First off, that strat plate is freaking beautiful. Good work on it. :)

Secondly, the idea about cutting the groove into the plexiglass is genious. I'm currently working on (slowly) finishing my first pedal build and I decided to do the light emitting border thing, and while I managed to finish it, it was just ridiculously frustrating not having the right tools for the job. Selling those would probably help out a bunch of people and I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to make.

hday

I would buy both a plexi glow plate and a wooden pick guard. That thing is wicked.

You say the wood is burned? Is there anyway I could get a darker color from the burn? It would be neat to have a wood color that matched my headstock and the burned part was dark rosewood color like my fretboard. that would definitely spice up my plain ol' white strat. I guess I could stain it before the poly coat to get that color.

andrew_k

:icon_eek: Dude you need to post that on AGGH if no one here volunteers to gig it. Is it coated at all?

darron

thanks for the good feedback guys :D

i didn't want to take away from this thread too much, so i guess i'll leave it here and will get off my arse and put things up for sale for you guys.

the image is darker than in the photo. i could burn it a bit deeper and fill it with a paint. the wood that i used already has a clear on it and i put on more clear afterwards to protect it a bit, but i'll look into getting some woods custom made up for me so that they can be stained. you can imagine it's extremely hard to get nice woods that thin that aren't just mdf.

good good!

smnm

here's three more modest contributions from me:

Anderton comparator fuzz (aka Optimum fuzz), in odd enclosure I found on ebay

Pep Rush /Fuzzy fuzz in old school OKW box

ROG Supreaux + Ruby in Fender amp shell

ambulancevoice

im interested
i dont gig very often (not at all at the moment)
but i do alot of recording, and my strat gets alot of use

ambulancevoice

Quote from: smnm on July 14, 2008, 07:39:33 AM

ROG Supreaux + Ruby in Fender amp shell

i really like this
looks really vintage

darron

Quote from: ambulancevoice on July 14, 2008, 07:40:31 AM
im interested
i dont gig very often (not at all at the moment)
but i do alot of recording, and my strat gets alot of use

pm sent.

dellamorte

i've been playing around with my laser a bit:

DIY stomp-box BOX (box box? hmm..)

i was a little surprised that worked without errors on the first time. i missed out on wood work at school, but i managed to wrap my head around it. i haven't actually glued it together yet though.

is that trogdor ?

Built=SHO,DOD 250,Atari punk console,Fuzz Factory,Easy Vibe,Burning Crunch,Modded Vm fuzz (2n5088+bmp tonestack),Wah Probe,Wooly Mammoth,Eternity,Big Muff Tri
Up Next = ???
Eventually = Firefly, rackmount L5 preamp
http://dellamorte.gofreeserve.com