Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evilpaul

Quote from: mongo on July 20, 2008, 11:10:25 AM
Quote from: evilpaul on July 20, 2008, 03:20:28 AM
Swirl finish feedback looper with slow colour change LED and copper washer

The switch position isn't changing the LED colour, it's one of those two-lead auto colour cycling RGB LED's aka:
Embarrassingly Easy Case Mod LEDs http://www.dansdata.com/gz065.htm  :D

I'm driving it with 2xAAA batteries, so it should take AGES to go flat - I did a test run for 24 hours and they still had heaps of juice left.

Thanks to Dragonfly for the swirl technique and to Dano for the circuit layout.

Cool!!!  would you share the layout fot the feedback looper please?

Thanx!

Andy

I got the layout from here:
http://www.beavisaudio.com/techpages/PedalHacker/index.htm

Arn C.

Cheeb,

Maybe the 2nd pic will help!
Peace!
Arn C.

McGhie

Yes, I quite agree. ;) I think it's a bit superfluous, but good looks NEVER fail to sell and impress, and DIY pedals are no exception. :D And originality is always a plus!
Builds in process: NPN Boost, Atari Punk Console (standalone), Underfuzz

Gila_Crisis

this isn't anything new, but it's an "electronical-restyling" i made to my old Big Muff.  :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:
the circuit it has inside now is based on the Ram's Head but with switchable resistors and caps so that i can change the circuit to the Triangle one!!!!

fuzzo

g.

Renegadrian

HEY, THAT'S MY TODAY'S LUNCH!!!  :icon_eek:
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

arawn

I just can't imagine trying to troubleshoot that mess !!!!   ;D
"Consistency is the Hobgoblin of Small Minds!"

Gus Smalley clean boost, Whisker biscuit, Professor Tweed, Ruby w/bassman Mods, Dan Armstrong Orange Squeezer, Zvex SHO, ROG Mayqueen, Fetzer Valve, ROG UNO, LPB1, Blue Magic

amz-fx

Great looking pedals, everyone. We have a lot of artistic talent in this forum!

regards, Jack

Gila_Crisis

Quote from: arawn on July 21, 2008, 09:06:56 PM
I just can't imagine trying to troubleshoot that mess !!!!   ;D

ahahah you're right! but all went good! i only wired wrong the 3DPT switch first (!) and then i found 2 traces that touched them self. i used a vero layout i already used for another project, so i know it works. for the rest i had no more problems and it was most a big patience job when wiring the all switches, but all went out really fine!

DougH

Quote from: silverflame44 on July 17, 2008, 05:48:34 PM
Hey guys,

I just completed my first pedal!!!!!!! (YAY!)  It took me awhile, but luckily it worked the first time.

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you who helped me with my first pedal.

--Eric

I wish my first pedal looked that good. Damn...

Nice job!
"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

earthtonesaudio

Okay lately I've seen laser-etched pickguards, light emitting borders galore, and I just had to suggest:

How about a light-emitting pickguard?

darron

Quote from: earthtonesaudio on July 22, 2008, 08:45:38 AM
Okay lately I've seen laser-etched pickguards, light emitting borders galore, and I just had to suggest:

How about a light-emitting pickguard?

hmmm... with built in VU of some sort.... heaps of SMD LEDs? needs design concept of some sort (:
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

aka_basse

Heres my valvecaster (speaking of spaghetti...)

kurtlives

What do the toggle switches do?
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

aka_basse

tone knob on/off, 2 different input caps for more/less bass, 2 different values on r1&r2 = more/less gain

kurtlives

How noticabley are the switches?
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

aka_basse

The input cap bass switch doesnt do too much, could have used bigger difference in values there
Gain switch brings down overdrive to a cleaner boost, quite useful
And the tone switch makes some difference - tone knob is at max and tone pot disconnected are pretty much the same...

Havent played around too much with it since the 12au7 I ordered havent arrived yet, there is a 12ax7 there now, I expect a pretty vast difference in sounds

any

Just finished up my "LabFuzz" (little nod to Dano's FuzzLab")
It's a stock Fuzz Face with an addes "contour" control as per "boutique '69" and an external bias pot.
All parts (apart from the gain cap) are socketed, so it's more like a highly customized FF breadboard...  :)
All values are stock now as I'm using it to test and audition my PNP trannies (see the for sale part of the forum).
Sounds Wicked!

guts:

close-up of the sockets (mill-max pins without the plastic = 8) )
It's supposed to sound that way.

deaconque

are those acoustic endpin jacks?