News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ambulancevoice

Quote from: DimebuGG on July 26, 2008, 07:35:27 AM
This is a Nobels Guitar-Mycro headphone amp. Built this after the Nobels Mycro Bass version and I was surprised after hearing it. This has 3 modes, damn!the NORMAL mode is crystal clear!!!!the OVERDRIVE and DISTORTION mode is also killer!!!It's really nice, what else can I say?.

cool, you know, since that thing uses a 386 1 watt amp ic, you could plug that thing into a cabinet (386s can power 4 x 12's!!) and have a little practice amp too
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

brother numsi

Quote from: tradition on July 26, 2008, 02:38:53 AM
Called this one 3SK as it holds three single knob effects.
From right to left it's Orange Squeezer, Alembic Stratoblaster and The Rangemaster

Really nice pedal. There must be a constellation you could name the pedal after..it's almost orion's belt.
I like the tilt. What box is it?

ambulancevoice

railhead

Quote from: any on July 26, 2008, 07:05:07 AM

Quote from: darron on July 25, 2008, 09:32:00 PM
Quote from: railhead on July 25, 2008, 04:50:25 PM
Here are a couple of shots of my latest build, and the final hand-painting (done by my wife) for my fuzz pedal, The Peach:

VERY PRETTY! I hope that you don't plan on using that thing, you might damage it!

I see it's not finished yet too :P

I think Railhead indeed is using a bit too little solder...
Especially on the 3PDT I'd actually "drown" the pads instead of "just" making a little connection on one side.
If you sell these comercially, you'll have a lot of them returned with broken solder connections on the footswitch.

There's no reason to fill the entire pad if the connection is solid, though more wouldn't hurt on a production model. The switch board doesn't move, either, so there's no more a chance of a joint coming loose there, than anywhere else.

Renegadrian

I like those last pedals...The stereo boost, the 3sk...Nice!!!
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

Renegadrian

Valvecaster V

Man, I love flames...
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

cheeb

Quote from: trendyironicname on July 25, 2008, 11:06:29 PM
sorry, off topic, but you like living sacrifice?  (maury)

I haven't heard them guys in years.

Saw em open for project 86 way back in the day.  Killed em.
Haha wow, that took me back.  I used to totally dig both those bands. I walked away from a Project 86 show once with a busted lip, twisted knee, and black eye, and waited to meet them afterwards. Very polite and soft spoken.

railhead

Oh yeah, I'm a big LS fan since back when they started in the early 90s. We just saw them a month or so ago, and they were every bit as awesome as they were a decade ago. Bruce still has it, man!  ;D

Quote from: trendyironicname on July 25, 2008, 11:06:29 PM
sorry, off topic, but you like living sacrifice?  (maury)

I haven't heard them guys in years.

Saw em open for project 86 way back in the day.  Killed em.

John Lyons

John Lyon's magic white PCB???? What's that Darron. Is there a tutorial somewhere about making DIY PCB's without having to etch?
[/quote]

Shhhhhh it's a secret....
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

The French connection

Barbarella ''Lust in phase'' hybrid...Script phase 45! ;) Got some pulse!

Dan

I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/

Boogdish

I'm in the middle of my "Summer of Slacker"

Here is the first completed build, a Nyquist Aliaser using his vero layout. 

And I'm almost done with my echo base build (just need it to start switching on and off) I really dig the sound of it, my girlfriend took a picture of me troubleshooting it.

trendyironicname

I love the fact that even with big sideburns, we can have girlfriends :)
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

any

Quote from: railhead on July 26, 2008, 09:48:02 AM
There's no reason to fill the entire pad if the connection is solid, though more wouldn't hurt on a production model. The switch board doesn't move, either, so there's no more a chance of a joint coming loose there, than anywhere else.

I'm sure it would be fine for you and me, but I have had both clients and repairs that tought me it should be "hooligan proof"  ;D
Especially those bloody Emo guys... they're sooo sensitive, but they always beat the crap out of their pedals.
Man, even changing the battery would be life threatening to your 3PDT board!

Heh reminds me of the Bug-Muff I built, it was Bomb-proof

All switch terminals glued

Still love the Graphite sparkle paint job

It's supposed to sound that way.

ambulancevoice

Quote from: trendyironicname on July 26, 2008, 08:37:22 PM
I love the fact that even with big sideburns, we can have girlfriends :)

and a mohawk and undercut

railhead

Quote from: any on July 26, 2008, 08:59:23 PM
I'm sure it would be fine for you and me, but I have had both clients and repairs that tought me it should be "hooligan proof"  ;D
Especially those bloody Emo guys... they're sooo sensitive, but they always beat the crap out of their pedals.
Man, even changing the battery would be life threatening to your 3PDT board!

Like I said, one can add more solder -- and if someone can pop it off just by changing a battery, then hats off to them.  ;D

darron

Quote from: AM on July 26, 2008, 05:01:21 AM
Quote from: darron on July 26, 2008, 03:58:39 AM
I used John Lyon's magic white PCB which i've had lying around for ages. Very cool.

John Lyon's magic white PCB???? What's that Darron. Is there a tutorial somewhere about making DIY PCB's without having to etch? It makes me think of my Green Big Muff PCB but I might be wrong. I did a search but came with no results :icon_cry:

nah. it's normal pcb. i called it magic because it's a cool white colour and has a nice texture. plus you can hear the magic (:

Quote from: any on July 26, 2008, 07:05:07 AM

I think Railhead indeed is using a bit too little solder...
Especially on the 3PDT I'd actually "drown" the pads instead of "just" making a little connection on one side.
If you sell these comercially, you'll have a lot of them returned with broken solder connections on the footswitch.

ohh.. i didn't actually see that. i thought it was just sitting in there for now and was to be finished. well there you go.

Quote from: ambulancevoice on July 26, 2008, 07:37:08 AM
damn good looking
is it one of those TDA2822 circuits?

I used an OPA2134AP duel opamp. DIY circuit and layout. There's room on the board for RF rollloff too but I didn't have the caps to put in there, so the circuit went without. Shouldn't need them. If there's interest I can release the circuit layout as a ready-to-print PDF. Any duel opamp could be used. Would suit guitar too.

Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

cheeb

The new generation of southern advancement.

Barcode80

Ross distortion:

Hearthrob tremolo:

tried to bondo the extra holes in the bud box, didn't work out because i used to coarse of a sandpaper to sand it down and pitted it. I'll know better next time. the LED in the upper left is a rate LED

F.V

Quote from: Barcode80 on July 27, 2008, 02:22:17 AM
Ross distortion:

How are you doing that kind of LED mounting, i just add some epoxy to mine at the back, but i'm sure there's a better way...
Dig those pedals though, nice and clean style.

ambulancevoice

Quote from: cheeb on July 27, 2008, 12:27:17 AM

The new generation of southern advancement.

you know?? Boogdish kinda looks a little like his display picture too