News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpnyc23

Those 2 swirls are very NASA-like.  Very very cool.

-chris
"I've traveled the world and never seen a statue of a critic."    -  Leonard Bernstein

Focalized

Basic Fuzz Face with low gain silicon. All bread boarded to get it right. No stock values except the 22uf cap, output cap and pots. The ceramic cap got rid of that pesky Christian radio station. God is in the radio.

I didn't take in thought how those big transistors fit on the stripboard, but it worked out.

Input cap switch. I need to lower those two, still too much bass with a .68. The other is a .022. That sounds good. So I have to pick a couple better values to go together. And it needs some kind of silver metal knobs. It sounds pretty nice.

McGhie

Quote from: Focalized on August 01, 2008, 06:05:39 AM
The ceramic cap got rid of that pesky Christian radio station. God is in the radio.

:D :D :D
Builds in process: NPN Boost, Atari Punk Console (standalone), Underfuzz

fogwolf

Figured I'd post some pics of my builds so far just so everyone who has so patiently helped me with all my questions will know at least there's some progress being made over here  :icon_smile:

The brown on left front is the Maestro FSH-1 project from Tonepad, the yellow one to the right of that is an EA Tremolo, the blue pedal is an Octavia clone, the green one next to that is an A/B/Y switch box, the black one next to that is R.G. Keen's quick and dirty oscillator and finally in the cigar box is a Ruby amp.

Renegadrian

Wow, you must have a good memory to remember each pot function... :icon_smile:
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

fogwolf

I have them mapped out on paper, just in case, and do know them pretty well. Haven't worked out the labeling process and am too anal to do it half-assed, so for the time being am memorizing/referencing wiring diagrams. Should get a label maker at least for temporary labeling.

Quote from: Renegadrian on August 01, 2008, 01:01:08 PM
Wow, you must have a good memory to remember each pot function... :icon_smile:

ambulancevoice

Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

Barcode80

a couple of my latest. here is a DOD EF440 clone:

another ross distortion with an lpb at the beginning. MAN it wails!

and my as-of-yet unpopulated dual muff. opamp and tri, first switch is bypass, second toggles between the muffs.

Roobin

Nice and sparkly!

How are those plastic 1/4" jacks for pedals? Reliable? Also, how did you ground yours? Can't see a wire to the case. (probably blind)

PerroGrande

Hey Barcode,

What did you use for the lettering in the "muffs" pedal? 

Barcode80

Quote from: Roobin on August 02, 2008, 06:31:50 AM
Nice and sparkly!

How are those plastic 1/4" jacks for pedals? Reliable? Also, how did you ground yours? Can't see a wire to the case. (probably blind)
they are my favorite, i got them in bulk from a forumite, and now sadly i have run out :( i'm probably going to hit aron up for some. they just have the nicest feel to me, and my personal experience is that the plastic actually holds up better because of the way those particular jacks are designed. the part that is doing the bending when you put the cable in is tougher. i've never wired to the case, that seems silly. i ground from the power supply. although, when that pic was taken, if you look closely i had not yet resoldered the power connections. i had just removed the parts to shoot another coat of paint and had not yet resoldered those places when itook the pic  :icon_redface:

Quote from: PerroGrande on August 02, 2008, 07:00:00 AM
Hey Barcode,

What did you use for the lettering in the "muffs" pedal? 
dry transfer decals. hobby store. my personal favorite type of legending. i find the simplistic nature of it refreshing. it is the same set of letters i used on my tremolo pedal a couple pages back.

DougH

Here's some shots of my "Script" phaser that I just completed:

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

Filament

I just got done with this Echo Base and had to post it even though it's not fancy and I've still got my construction lines on it.  I was able to fit it into a 1590 using anonymousfacelesscoward's latest compact layout.  The layout is very tight and some of the traces are VERY close so it's easy to build bridges.  It took a long time to populate the board because I checked for unwanted continuity after every solder joint that may have bridged traces.  It was worth it though because it fired up the first time.  A big thank you to slacker and to anonymousfacelesscoward for making such a cool pedal possible for a klutz like me.  The oscillation is great and when my wife heard it making a scary thumping sound she told me I'd built an "Evil" pedal.  That's just the stamp of approval I was looking for. 

I almost never post my builds here because I don't decorate them but this one I was proud of. 

This is not my large automobile

John Lyons

Cool Joe, glad that echo base worked out well for you.
I need to build on for myself. I etched a couple extra of those boards...

I love using those fender "cupcake" knobs.

john

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Focalized

With thankful "baking the hazy enclosure help from the board", this looks good!
Fuzz Face. Like the one above I posted.

darron

Quote from: Focalized on August 04, 2008, 12:15:06 AM

everyone else can see the skull, right?
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

foxfire

Quote from: darron on August 04, 2008, 06:54:39 AM

Yup!

frequencycentral

Quote from: darron on August 04, 2008, 06:54:39 AM

Yeah I see it. And the bovine skull bottom left. And the ghoul between the stomp and the toggle. Spooky!
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

Focalized

The skull actually was more pronounced at first. It ran a bit as it dried. More ghostly now. And yes the killer one eyed clown ghoul is there. And the evil spider ghost by the knob!

petemoore

Well, today, now that you put it that way...what's left of it...
  Pretty outstanding vibe coming off 'dude' there, I think spirits or a solvent got in there and created that.
  Lit layer growing off Franken'sforehead, jaw melting away in awe...skullsockets say 'this is where vision took place'.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.