News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Filament

Here's my Bildger-Ohnklon trem done with MarkM's layout.  I added a mod that lets you control the speed with your foot via an LDR. 

This is not my large automobile

Renegadrian

Quote from: ambulancevoice on August 10, 2008, 07:40:18 PM
Quote from: Insanekane on August 10, 2008, 03:23:38 PM
For Omega;

http://www.runoffgroove.com/omega.html

i think he means the graphic

Quote from: remmelt on August 10, 2008, 01:20:51 PM
Yeah, nice. Source for that?

and i think he did it himself
wouldn't be to hard to do

Well, there are some things that aren't good to do by ourselves... :icon_mrgreen: :icon_redface: :icon_eek:
(sorry...)

Yeah, good graphic, but I remember a double d with a Jenna J pic on it...That's the one I'd really love to "stomp"  :icon_redface:
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

remmelt

Quote from: Filament on August 10, 2008, 08:12:06 PM
Here's my Bildger-Ohnklon trem done with MarkM's layout.  I added a mod that lets you control the speed with your foot via an LDR. 

That's really cool. How well does it work? Is that stage ready? Does it work in low light situations? So many questions. Do you have a separate topic for this? I'm very interested.

ambulancevoice

i meant, that he DESIGNED it himself

Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

Insanekane

Huh, I surely didn't draw it.  ::) 
Nice picture (desktop wallpaper), ohm-sign and couple hours of editing.
And way you go.  :)

Gila_Crisis

finally i finished my Echo Base, built on vero i just modded it to have it True Bypass, without the tails/boss switch option (but who knows, i got another PT2399 laying around, so maybe a second one may follw... :icon_mrgreen:)
btw THANK you so much Slacker for this design, it sound really awesome!!!!

Valoosj

Nice build. You should try the extra time mod though. It's very good.
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Gila_Crisis

Quote from: Valoosj on August 11, 2008, 04:14:45 PM
Nice build. You should try the extra time mod though. It's very good.

i don't know, i must play it a bit more, btw already so alone it got a really wide delay time! (i read about 700ms in the echo base post).
btw what feedback resistor did you used? on mine the 20k seams to low, it already self-oscillate before 3/4 of the feedback pot!!!! which i think it's a bit too much!  :icon_eek:

Valoosj

I changed it, but forgot the value. Probably 50k or something. But it was necessary because mine started the oscillation at 1/4th of the pot with the extra time mod.
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

ambulancevoice

Berger

my first swirl.
I'll have to keep working on the sides...but I do like the drip affect.

Inside is a MXR Blue box, layout via tonepad.

I really like it and am looking forward to trying it with my ebow

frequencycentral

Just finished my Pepper Shredder:

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

dschwartz

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o
:o
just AMAZING!!!!!!

i love those little tubes!!!
----------------------------------------------------------
Tubes are overrated!!

http://www.simplifieramp.com

slacker

That's great Rick :)

How the hell did you cut those slots in the side so neatly?

frequencycentral

Quote from: slacker on August 12, 2008, 05:32:41 PM
That's great Rick :)

How the hell did you cut those slots in the side so neatly?

Thanks slacker. The slots were actually a happy accident. I originally planned for three circular 5 mm holes in a line. I screwed it up - they didn't line up at all! So I got the files out and spent a happy afternoon gently and patiently changing the three holes into slots. To be honest it was a tedious nightmare - like breaking out of Alcatraz with a nail file. The result looks way better than the holes would have looked - even if I had lined them up correctly.

scanlory

My third build, a Tube Screamer TS808 w/ Keeley mods that I built for a friend.  I'll be sad to see it go.   

He'll be happy to get it though! 

And some gut shots (I had to butcher the Neutrik jacks to get that board to fit....I need to work on laying out cases more)

ambulancevoice

wow cool
hows it sound?
and are the tubes soldered to the board?
6111? (edit: nevermind, just looked at the box in the picture)

frequencycentral

Quote from: ambulancevoice on August 12, 2008, 06:22:03 PM
wow cool
hows it sound?
6111?

Thanks Alex - sounds very cool. More refined than the Valvecaster.

Yes the two 6111 tubes are soldered directly to the board.  :icon_lol:

EDIT: Hey nobody mentioned the cool blue LED! It's 5mm, I drilled a 4.5mm hole, the LED is mounted on the circuit board and sits in the hole below the graphic - no cut out. The graphic isn't waterslide - I find that they stretch when you apply them - so you lose any straight edges. So now I'm printing a reverse image (that way the ink is better protected) onto inkjet OHP (overhead projector) film - it's quite stiff. After printing I give the back (with the image on) a few layers of clearcoat, wait a while and lay it on the pedal when it's still a little tacky - it adheres well, then you can clearcoat over the top.

dschwartz

Quote from: frequencycentral on August 12, 2008, 06:24:54 PM
Quote from: ambulancevoice on August 12, 2008, 06:22:03 PM
wow cool
hows it sound?
6111?

Thanks Alex - sounds very cool. More refined than the Valvecaster.

Yes the two 6111 tubes are soldered directly to the board.  :icon_lol:

EDIT: Hey nobody mentioned the cool blue LED! It's 5mm, I drilled a 4.5mm hole, the LED is mounted on the circuit board and sits in the hole below the graphic - no cut out. The graphic isn't waterslide - I find that they stretch when you apply them - so you lose any straight edges. So now I'm printing a reverse image (that way the ink is better protected) onto inkjet OHP (overhead projector) film - it's quite stiff. After printing I give the back (with the image on) a few layers of clearcoat, wait a while and lay it on the pedal when it's still a little tacky - it adheres well, then you can clearcoat over the top.

cool technique!..by the way,... try to use a better camera please! i can´t see the details!
----------------------------------------------------------
Tubes are overrated!!

http://www.simplifieramp.com

jacobyjd

Hey guys, this is definitely not a finished project, but I just finished mounting the controls for my Blue Squeezer (Orange Squeezer into modded Blue Box) and I was excited that everything fit so well--this is my first time putting together a project w/ this many controls  :icon_smile:

I used SmartDraw to make a drilling template, then punched and drilled the holes, using a round file to finish them off. Hopefully I'll get the rest of the parts for this project by the end of the week...in the meantime, I'll be shooting on a coat of blue, then working on the layout for the labels. Hopefully I'll get a chance to post the finished project soon  :icon_razz:

Warsaw, Indiana's poetic love rock band: http://www.bellwethermusic.net