Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fl!P

Quote from: dschwartz on August 12, 2008, 07:48:21 PM
Quote from: frequencycentral on August 12, 2008, 06:24:54 PM
Quote from: ambulancevoice on August 12, 2008, 06:22:03 PM
wow cool
hows it sound?
and are the tubes soldered to the board?
6111?

Thanks Alex - sounds very cool. More refined than the Valvecaster.

Yes the two 6111 tubes are soldered directly to the board.  :icon_lol:

EDIT: Hey nobody mentioned the cool blue LED! It's 5mm, I drilled a 4.5mm hole, the LED is mounted on the circuit board and sits in the hole below the graphic - no cut out. The graphic isn't waterslide - I find that they stretch when you apply them - so you lose any straight edges. So now I'm printing a reverse image (that way the ink is better protected) onto inkjet OHP (overhead projector) film - it's quite stiff. After printing I give the back (with the image on) a few layers of clearcoat, wait a while and lay it on the pedal when it's still a little tacky - it adheres well, then you can clearcoat over the top.

cool technique!..by the way,... try to use a better camera please! i can´t see the details!

Naw, he just has to use the Macro setting on his camera or clean the lens.

As for your graphics technique, I think I'll have to try it.

Thanks for sharing!
Completed Builds: Gus Booster, Plexizer, BSIABII, Si/Ge Fuzz Face w/ RM Mod, Orange Squeezer
To Do List: Valvecaster, Small Clone, Jawari

For Sale:Marshall Footswitch

frequencycentral

Quote from: Fl!P on August 13, 2008, 01:00:52 AM
Quote from: dschwartz on August 12, 2008, 07:48:21 PM
..by the way,... try to use a better camera please! i can´t see the details!
Naw, he just has to use the Macro setting on his camera or clean the lens.

Sorry, the only camera I have is the one in my Motorola phone!
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

Arn C.

Another TS808 SRV with mods for a fellow musician.  The lighted one of course looks great at night, on a darker stage, etc...
Arn C.

morpha2

Couldn't get a very good pic, but here's a Mammoth clone that I just finished for a friend's birthday.

solderman

A dubble D with two channels and  two LED:s

The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

Renegadrian

Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

Hanglow

I say old chap, you couldn't possibly make those pictures any bigger could you, I'm having trouble seeing them  :icon_mrgreen:

Looks good, I was thinking of doing the two led's for eyes with a picture of a rat for, wait for it, a RAT clone.

Mark Hammer

Has anybody ever directed the CEO of Hammond to this thread?

I bet it would put a smile on their face as wide and glittery as the day is long.

The French connection

Quote from: morpha2 on August 13, 2008, 05:35:20 PM
Couldn't get a very good pic, but here's a Mammoth clone that I just finished for a friend's birthday.

Nice mammoth! Is it handdrawn? Really like it. Personnal touch made thing original/emotional. I guess i'm too sensitive. ;)

Dan
I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/

morpha2

Quote from: The French connection on August 14, 2008, 03:35:49 PM
Quote from: morpha2 on August 13, 2008, 05:35:20 PM

Nice mammoth! Is it handdrawn? Really like it. Personnal touch made thing original/emotional. I guess i'm too sensitive. ;)

Dan
Thank you! The mammoth was traced using a little template made from a printout. The tusks and everything else were freehanded with Testors model paint, which was a gigantic bitch.

Barcode80

almost completed dual muff, just missing knobs, and a dual buffer loop...

Gila_Crisis

cool your double BM! one is the opamp and which one is the other circuit?

RonaldB

Quote from: Arn C. on August 13, 2008, 01:07:15 PM
Another TS808 SRV with mods for a fellow musician.  The lighted one of course looks great at night, on a darker stage, etc...
Arn C.

That's a nice footswitch you are using, where did you get that? Is that a momentary switch for controlling a CD4066 or relais

nice build man.

Jimmy-H

Hi there,

here is my build of the 6111 INFINITY.
This is a lovepedal eternity with a 6111 subcaster as a extra boost.
I ended up with a OPA2134 as chip for the eternity.
I could also called it a "real" tube screamer, but Eternity and infinity are both a very long time.
I have also placed a blue led and a red led under the white washers of the two foot switches (blue effect on, red boost on).
And also a blue led beneath the 6111 tube.
With the effect switch you switch off the whole pedal.
I run the whole thing on 12 volts. (it will probally work with 9 volt)
it really sounds like a tube screamer, with a different tone control.(more treble)
You can also use it like a kind of fuzz.
Just crank the drive,level and gain pots, set the switch on led or none clipping (in the middle) and it sounds like a fuzz.

frequencycentral

Quote from: Jimmy-H on August 15, 2008, 03:55:46 AM
Hi there,

I'm loving that Jimmy H. Nice graphic (looks like a tattoo!) and layout. Whats the Infinity?
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

Jimmy-H

Quote from: frequencycentral on August 15, 2008, 04:02:15 AM
I'm loving that Jimmy H. Nice graphic (looks like a tattoo!) and layout. Whats the Infinity?

Thanks Rick! ;)
Yeah it is a Maori tattoo.
And the infinity is based on the Lovepedal Eternity witch is a stripped down version of a tube-screamer with a different tone control.

Renegadrian

JIMMY, your pedal here is incredible...I'd love to b eable to build a pedal in such a clean way, and definitely eye-catching...
I really like it...
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

jayp5150

Quote from: Jimmy-H on August 15, 2008, 03:55:46 AM
Hi there,

This is a lovepedal eternity with a 6111 subcaster as a extra boost.
I ended up with a OPA2134 as chip for the eternity.
I could also called it a "real" tube screamer, but Eternity and infinity are both a very long time.
I have also placed a blue led and a red led under the white washers of the two foot switches (blue effect on, red boost on).
And also a blue led beneath the 6111 tube.
With the effect switch you switch off the whole pedal.
I run the whole thing on 12 volts. (it will probally work with 9 volt)
it really sounds like a tube screamer, with a different tone control.(more treble)
You can also use it like a kind of fuzz.
Just crank the drive,level and gain pots, set the switch on led or none clipping (in the middle) and it sounds like a fuzz.

I like that the LEDS are under the stomp washers. I'm wondering if we could find clear washers somewhere. That way, you could do the same thing as the lit border on a smaller scale, and just the stomp ring would light up.

I doubt there's a big market for plexiglass washers, though... I'd rather not cut my own lol.

Arn C.

Ronald,
  Thanks!  The switches are 4PDT Maintained switches from Allied Electronics, stock#870-0482
The worst thing is the price.  $13.21 each!  Ouch!

Peace!
Arn C.

RonaldB

Quote from: Arn C. on August 15, 2008, 08:21:12 AM
Ronald,
  Thanks!  The switches are 4PDT Maintained switches from Allied Electronics, stock#870-0482
The worst thing is the price.  $13.21 each!  Ouch!

Peace!
Arn C.
That's indeed expensive, here in the Netherlands we also have a 4PDT switch and that cost 14.50 euro :o