Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Filament

Quote from: kurtlives on August 30, 2008, 09:26:51 PM
Trotsky!

In Soviet Russia Pedal Stomps You

Wow, Kurtlives travelling in the WAY BACK machine and pulling out a Yakov Smirnov reference.  Well done comrade.   ;D
This is not my large automobile

Dragonfly

gutsofgold

while it is pretty, we all know that beauty is only enclosure deep...it's whats on the inside that counts! so whats in there???

Renegadrian

ConanB, nice encl.!!! What is there inside???
Andy...Without words...stunning finish...
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

kurtlives

Quote from: Filament on August 31, 2008, 11:06:02 AM
Quote from: kurtlives on August 30, 2008, 09:26:51 PM
Trotsky!

In Soviet Russia Pedal Stomps You

Wow, Kurtlives travelling in the WAY BACK machine and pulling out a Yakov Smirnov reference.  Well done comrade.   ;D
Haha whenever I look at decal I think Yakov.
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

birt

Quote from: ConanB on August 31, 2008, 09:37:12 AM
Built for a friend's bday, his nickname is Jebus...

First time using a decal. Only inkjet printer I could get access to wasn't as good quality as I had hoped, so Jesus' hair got a little streaky.
i love it.

http://www.last.fm/user/birt/
visit http://www.effectsdatabase.com for info on (allmost) every effect in the world!

ConanB

Thanks birt and Renegadrian!

Inside is just aron's Smash drive. My buddy has never used a pedal before so I wanted to make him up something quick and I had the parts for it so I threw it together, tracked down the Jesus image (www.penny-arcade.com) and then went to work. I'm liking the way decals look and have about 5 other quick ideas in my head I want to try out, just need to finish the paint coats first.

Hope my friend likes it, he hasn't seen it yet. I have another friend who is a crazy speed guitarist who loved the smash when he tried all my fx, so hopefully ol Jebus will like it too ;)

Great FX, and great forums! Love this site  :P

FlyingZ

1st build:

2nd build:

3rd build:

Getting better but a long way to catch up to you guys  :)

carrejans

Quote from: FlyingZ on August 31, 2008, 08:29:08 PM
3rd build:

Looking good.
A little advice. It's better when you change the place of the stompswitch and the battery. Because now the stomp is very close to the edge; difficult to stomp on.

FlyingZ

Quote from: carrejans on September 01, 2008, 03:28:05 AM
Looking good.
A little advice. It's better when you change the place of the stompswitch and the battery. Because now the stomp is very close to the edge; difficult to stomp on.
Thought about that and its also better for battery placement but in the end decided distance from the knobs was better. I may try the reverse next time thanks.

kurtlives

Built me a second wah... Vox V847 clone with a few mods here and there.

This one has the vintage feel to it more than my modded Crybaby. Its not as vocal and spanky more vintage voiced if you will. Anyways I like it.

I'm a sucker for mojo... NOS carbon comps, metal cans, tropical fish, solid core cloth wire
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

jophus

ambulancevoice

2nd build:

that black mesh is awsome
im gonna use that
also, id work on your wiring to
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

FlyingZ

Quote from: kurtlives on September 01, 2008, 04:45:13 PM
I'm a sucker for mojo... NOS carbon comps, metal cans, tropical fish, solid core cloth wire

Very neat! BTW what is a tropical fish cap? just for looks?

Quote from: ambulancevoice on September 01, 2008, 05:15:41 PM
that black mesh is awsome
im gonna use that
also, id work on your wiring to
Yes, I'm not sure how you guys get it so perfect but I'll learn. Oh ya the text is all temp.

asfastasdark

Are you not the same person (Kurtlives91) from Ultimate-Guitar.com? I thought you said you hated carbon comps and had a million reasons not to use them? ... Oh well? It looks mighty right in there though, damn awesome!  ;D

Renegadrian

FlyingZ, the valve pedal is your second build?? WELL DONE!!!  :icon_eek:

Quote from: FlyingZ on September 01, 2008, 06:03:53 PM
Very neat! BTW what is a tropical fish cap? just for looks?

Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

kurtlives

Ya I am the same one... I take the same lame user name to all forums I vist.

O be honest I just wanted to try a full decked out mojo pedal. Carbon comps and tropical fish are soposed to sound better and have magic inside them. In the end it was more for looks, hence the plexi glass bottom.
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

FlyingZ

Quote from: kurtlives on September 01, 2008, 06:38:01 PM
hence the plexi glass bottom.
Thought you had the bottom off;  neat idea.

davent

Built me a second wah... Vox V847 clone with a few mods here and there.

This one has the vintage feel to it more than my modded Crybaby. Its not as vocal and spanky more vintage voiced if you will. Anyways I like it.

Hi Chris,
I'd like to overhaul the wah i have and wondered  how you like the Whipple inductor?  What did you use in your other wah?

Thanks
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

Barcode80

Quote from: carrejans on September 01, 2008, 03:28:05 AM
3rd build:

Looking good.

yeah, um, this makes no sense. closer to the edge means closer to the player, and easier to stomp on. where is the logic in thi statement?