SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MicFarlow77

Quote from: andrew_k on September 03, 2008, 04:55:50 AM

ADA Flanger

Thanks to all the members who contributed to the ada flanger project, and especially to Stephen Giles, flo and slacker for their help debugging this one  :D

Super Nice Work Andrew!

Of all the enclosures I have sold, this is the first picture of an AD/A in an enclousure I designed specifically for it.... I'm sure others have done it, but I think this is the first pic I have seen... Awesome work!

Thanks,

Mick

earthtonesaudio

Fab Echo pedal, with infinite repeats mod and adjustable delay time.  There's an LED/LDR in parallel with the delay time pot, with a jack for an expression pedal.  It was quite a squeeze to get it all to fit.

arma61

Quote from: earthtonesaudio on September 03, 2008, 10:36:30 AM
That colorsound inductorless wah looks DANGEROUS!  In a good way of course. :)  Hats off to you for making it from scratch.

thx earthtonesaudio, indeed very few parts have been bough for this purpose, just the "normal" ones, switch, potsn sockets, all the other stuff is coming from my dad's basement, and I should mention him now (although he will never see this forum) as he did the "mechanical" part of it, and he's 82 y.o!! but he's mighty in particular with this   

cheers
Armando
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

Auke Haarsma

Quote from: andrew_k on September 03, 2008, 04:55:50 AM

ADA Flanger

I'm quoting it again, because it is so incredibly beautifull! Very very inspiring. If it sounds half as good as it looks it has to be a killer effect!

Renegadrian

Quote from: arma61 on September 03, 2008, 02:47:58 PM
That colorsound inductorless wah looks DANGEROUS!  In a good way of course. :)  Hats off to you for making it from scratch.

thx earthtonesaudio, indeed very few parts have been bough for this purpose, just the "normal" ones, switch, potsn sockets, all the other stuff is coming from my dad's basement, and I should mention him now (although he will never see this forum) as he did the "mechanical" part of it, and he's 82 y.o!! but he's mighty in particular with this   

cheers
Armando
Sorry, my patriotic 2 minutes!!!

Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

The French connection

Quote from: Renegadrian on September 03, 2008, 04:15:18 PM

Hey we're not talking about spaghetti sauce here!  :P
I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/

seibertdr

cheers
Armando

What size pot did you use on the top? There is not a whole lot of room there. Was there anything else that you had to do for the mod to work? Mine does not seem to be working. I soldered lug 1 to where the resister was and lug 2 and 3 to ground. Am I missing something?

Don
Mesa RK II
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez AR-300
Schecter Hellraiser
Gretsch G5120
Guitar>Bad Horsie wah>FullDrive 2>Boss OD-2>EHX POG2>Ernie Ball Volume>Amp
M9 in loop

arma61

Thx Renegadrian, I've used the paint you suggested me some pages back, it's fantastic, sparkling like diamond, picture doesn't show how it is in reality.

Quote from: The French connection on September 03, 2008, 04:24:10 PM

I know, I can cook spaghetti in a better way then I do my FX, but the final target is the same, have fun and relax, and enjoy our hobbies!!

Quote from: seibertdr on September 03, 2008, 04:41:06 PM

What size pot did you use on the top? There is not a whole lot of room there. Was there anything else that you had to do for the mod to work? Mine does not seem to be working. I soldered lug 1 to where the resister was and lug 2 and 3 to ground. Am I missing something?

Don

Don, are you talking about my works, wich one in particular ?

"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

Renegadrian

Quote from: arma61 on September 03, 2008, 05:05:19 PM
Thx Renegadrian, I've used the paint you suggested me some pages back, it's fantastic, sparkling like diamond, picture doesn't show how it is in reality.

Yes I do love it, cheap but gives good results!!!  :icon_wink:

Renegadrian

BTW, Armando, I like your wah...

andrew_k

Thanks for your kind words gentlemen  :icon_redface:

Mick: Great! It originally looked like this, but Bad Things happened with the stuck on image, so I attacked it with various mediums -- sandpaper, acrylic paints, permanent marker, white crayon... and clear coated the result  ;) Initially I was disappointed with the result because of how it was going to look, but it's grown on me.

andrew_k

Quote from: Tuemmueh on September 03, 2008, 09:37:26 AM
Okay, just a little re-finish of a well known pedal ... not that creative, but has a great look on a pedalboarf, I think!

Is that powdercoated? Very clean job and reinterpretation of the original design.

morpha2

Just finished a Noisy Cricket build.

Got the enclosure from PPP. Gorgeous finish.

Tuemmueh

Quote from: andrew_k on September 03, 2008, 07:01:47 PM
Quote from: Tuemmueh on September 03, 2008, 09:37:26 AM
Okay, just a little re-finish of a well known pedal ... not that creative, but has a great look on a pedalboarf, I think!

Is that powdercoated? Very clean job and reinterpretation of the original design.

Thanks!
No, it's not powdercoated. I don't know how it's called in english, but I used a "roll" for it, like a brush. Works really great, I was totally surprised!

Dragonfly

blah....swirl...blah.... 

tired of these yet ?

Zedmin_fx

Quote from: The French connection on September 03, 2008, 04:24:10 PM

Us Italians dont just make a great Marinara Sauce we do every thing better lol

John Lyons

Quote from: Dragonfly on September 03, 2008, 07:43:05 PM
blah....swirl...blah.... 
tired of these yet ?

Andy.
The boxes look great!
But I have to ask, how are these holding up to wear and tear etc?
You are not using any primer are you?
I assume they are doing ok since you are still making them but I wonder still.

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

scanlory

Quote from: morpha2 on September 03, 2008, 07:11:05 PM
Just finished a Noisy Cricket build.

How to you get your traces that neat?  Mine always seem to come out blurry .

Looks great. 

Barcode80

Quote from: seibertdr on September 03, 2008, 04:41:06 PM

cheers
Armando

Don
i haven't looked at the mod, but I'm assuming that you are replacing a resistor in the circuit with a pot. when you remove the resistor, you have two pads to solder to. lug 1 needs to go where one end of the resistor was, lugs 2 and 3 need to go to the pad where the other end was.

ambulancevoice

Quote from: morpha2 on September 03, 2008, 07:11:05 PM

any chance for sound samples please???
no one has done them, even Dano
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money