Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The French connection

Quote from: Dragonfly on September 03, 2008, 07:43:05 PM
blah....swirl...blah.... 

tired of these yet ?

Not tired yet, but personnaly i prefer your ''spinart'' one...more ''fractalesque'', dynamic and entropic... ;)

Quote from: The French connection on September 03, 2008, 04:24:10 PM
Quote from: Renegadrian on September 03, 2008, 04:15:18 PM
Sorry, my patriotic 2 minutes!!!

Hey we're not talking about spaghetti sauce here!  :P

I got to admit that Italian soccer player are the best comedian for falling... :D

Anyway! Viva la Sqadra azzura!

Dan
I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/

Steben

Quote from: The French connection on September 04, 2008, 09:00:00 AM
Not tired yet, but personnaly i prefer your ''spinart'' one...more ''fractalesque'', dynamic and entropic... ;)

:icon_lol: entropic... cool sientific vocabulary.

Could we label an entropic rock as style?
say ... Frank Zappa fe?  ;D
  • SUPPORTER
Rules apply only for those who are not allowed to break them

dschwartz

This is my build of my MULTICAB SIM cabinet simulator, as discussed in this thread:
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=70445.0

----------------------------------------------------------
Tubes are overrated!!

http://www.simplifieramp.com

earthtonesaudio

Quote from: earthtonesaudio on September 03, 2008, 02:34:55 PM
Fab Echo pedal, with infinite repeats mod and adjustable delay time.  There's an LED/LDR in parallel with the delay time pot, with a jack for an expression pedal.  It was quite a squeeze to get it all to fit.

Quote from: Barcode80 on September 04, 2008, 12:41:39 AM
Quote from: seibertdr on September 03, 2008, 04:41:06 PM
Quote from: arma61 on September 03, 2008, 02:47:58 PM
Quote from: earthtonesaudio on September 03, 2008, 10:36:30 AM
That colorsound inductorless wah looks DANGEROUS!  In a good way of course. :)  Hats off to you for making it from scratch.

thx earthtonesaudio, indeed very few parts have been bough for this purpose, just the "normal" ones, switch, potsn sockets, all the other stuff is coming from my dad's basement, and I should mention him now (although he will never see this forum) as he did the "mechanical" part of it, and he's 82 y.o!! but he's mighty in particular with this   

cheers
Armando

What size pot did you use on the top? There is not a whole lot of room there. Was there anything else that you had to do for the mod to work? Mine does not seem to be working. I soldered lug 1 to where the resister was and lug 2 and 3 to ground. Am I missing something?

Don
i haven't looked at the mod, but I'm assuming that you are replacing a resistor in the circuit with a pot. when you remove the resistor, you have two pads to solder to. lug 1 needs to go where one end of the resistor was, lugs 2 and 3 need to go to the pad where the other end was.

Was this directed at me regarding this post?

If so, then I used one of these: http://futurlec.com/Pictures/POT.jpg
And it's not exactly tiny, so I had to relocate most of the through-hole caps to the other side of the board.  Very tight fit.

morpha2

Quote from: scanlory on September 03, 2008, 11:38:52 PM
Quote from: morpha2 on September 03, 2008, 07:11:05 PM
Just finished a Noisy Cricket build.

How to you get your traces that neat?  Mine always seem to come out blurry .

Looks great. 
Trial and error mainly. Those are probably two of the cleanest PCB's I've ever done. I use PNP transfers and have found that my results are a lot better when the PCB is cut a bit larger than the layout needs.

seibertdr

Quote from: earthtonesaudio on September 04, 2008, 10:29:19 AM
Fab Echo pedal, with infinite repeats mod and adjustable delay time.  There's an LED/LDR in parallel with the delay time pot, with a jack for an expression pedal.  It was quite a squeeze to get it all to fit.

That colorsound inductorless wah looks DANGEROUS!  In a good way of course. :)  Hats off to you for making it from scratch.

I did my mod according to Dano's on his website. I will try it the other way tonight. I used a regular 100k pot but since I have a pedal board and I use and adapter, I broke out the battery compartment and drilled a hole there. You have to turn the pot sideways or it will hit the LED. Thanks for the picture.

Don

thx earthtonesaudio, indeed very few parts have been bough for this purpose, just the "normal" ones, switch, potsn sockets, all the other stuff is coming from my dad's basement, and I should mention him now (although he will never see this forum) as he did the "mechanical" part of it, and he's 82 y.o!! but he's mighty in particular with this   

cheers
Armando

What size pot did you use on the top? There is not a whole lot of room there. Was there anything else that you had to do for the mod to work? Mine does not seem to be working. I soldered lug 1 to where the resister was and lug 2 and 3 to ground. Am I missing something?

Don
i haven't looked at the mod, but I'm assuming that you are replacing a resistor in the circuit with a pot. when you remove the resistor, you have two pads to solder to. lug 1 needs to go where one end of the resistor was, lugs 2 and 3 need to go to the pad where the other end was.

And it's not exactly tiny, so I had to relocate most of the through-hole caps to the other side of the board.  Very tight fit.
Mesa RK II
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez AR-300
Schecter Hellraiser
Gretsch G5120
Guitar>Bad Horsie wah>FullDrive 2>Boss OD-2>EHX POG2>Ernie Ball Volume>Amp
M9 in loop

salocin

My first swirl paint jobs.

This will be a Hotcake:

And this will be a Superfuzz:

frequencycentral

Quote from: salocin on September 04, 2008, 06:48:14 PM

Sh!t man!! Dragonfly has some serious competition now! They are superb!! Well done!!
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

Barcode80

Quote from: frequencycentral on September 04, 2008, 06:59:35 PM
Quote from: salocin on September 04, 2008, 06:48:14 PM

Sh!t man!! Dragonfly has some serious competition now! They are superb!! Well done!!
+1!

Naz Nomad

Quote from: frequencycentral on September 04, 2008, 06:59:35 PMAnd this will be a Superfuzz:

Wow, I'm really not a fan of swirls, but I totally love that ... you can take that as a massive compliment btw.
... riding a Lissajous curve to oblivion.

Pushtone

Quote from: The French connection on September 03, 2008, 09:42:14 AM
Quote from: ConanB on September 03, 2008, 08:57:57 AM
Nice andrew! Hmm I still need to finish off the circuit going inside that enclosure I got off MicFarlow!

In the meantime, newly finished Little Pleasure Bomb...

Yeah! I'll love it! If it was mine, i'll put it on front of this one:

Looks like the same pin-up...on a different orbit...i'm judging by the hat for sure P^).

Yeap, same artist. I'm guilty of using his web images too. They just work so well on stompboxes.
He does sell stickers that could decorate a stompbox.

http://www.bawidamann.com/store/paintings.html

It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith

seibertdr

Quote from: earthtonesaudio on September 04, 2008, 10:29:19 AM

cheers
Armando

Don

Thank you for your help. I was able to get it working last night. I had the ground going to the wrong place. After a few times of the wire breaking off, I was able to get it to stay but I wouldnt rely on it in a gig. Is it possible to drill a couple of tiny holes for the wires? I do have some kind of burbbling/clicking noise when I turn the mix all the way. Not bad but bothersome. Any suggestions. Thank you, Don
Mesa RK II
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez AR-300
Schecter Hellraiser
Gretsch G5120
Guitar>Bad Horsie wah>FullDrive 2>Boss OD-2>EHX POG2>Ernie Ball Volume>Amp
M9 in loop

Dragonfly

This one came out pretty interesting - I may just keep it ! It kind of reminds me of "Revelations"...tidal waves, fireballs, and other chaotic Biblical Prophecies !    :icon_eek:

JFX09

I'd call this one "Are you Sirius ?:icon_razz:
Happiness is a effin' hot soldering iron

FlyingZ

Quote from: Naz Nomad on September 04, 2008, 09:28:12 PM
Quote from: frequencycentral on September 04, 2008, 06:59:35 PMAnd this will be a Superfuzz:

Wow, I'm really not a fan of swirls, but I totally love that ... you can take that as a massive compliment btw.
+1 Reminds me of batman.

John Lyons

Yes, andy. that one is really nice.
Particularly the orange solar/space sections at the top right.
Although the milky/cloud/water/marbled bottom sections are nice as well.
Fantastic.

john
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

sean k

Hey Pushtone, how are you saving that guys pictures? I right click and they close.
Monkey see, monkey do.
Http://artyone.bolgtown.co.nz/

gutsofgold

"print screen" button works

(stealing art is bad)  ;D

Barcode80

when you open the window with the pic in it, you can drag the pic into photoshop.

8mileshigh

Send one of these with a smooth fuzz circuit to David Gilmore, I bet he'd be blown away.

Chris

Quote from: John Lyons on September 05, 2008, 05:56:15 PM

Builts completed: Tweak-O, Fuzz Face Si and Ge, Rangemaster,Fuzzrite Si & Ge, Bazz Fuzz, L'il Devil Fuzz, Bosstone one knober, Bosstone Sustainer, Cream Pie, Kay Fuzztone. http://www.myspace.com/chrisdarlington