News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonfly

I decided to do some hand painted enclosures...my girlfriend will be doing some as well. This is the first of them :)

Focalized

Quote from: Dragonfly on September 08, 2008, 12:08:20 AM
I decided to do some hand painted enclosures...my girlfriend will be doing some as well. This is the first of them :)

That's pretty cute. I thought of asking some artistic folks I know if they'd like to paint one sometime. I used to be good at Nintendo characters and Ninja Turtles! Lost something in age.

This is another fuzz face to add to me growing collection with that inside/outside layout. I really like the fit. Though each one is a bit different. Once I figure out which one I like best i'll start getting rid of them. It kinda hard choosing from sound and the look.

cloudscapes

Jawari III

based off the Jawarii circuit. III because it's the third Jawarii I've built, and because it has three knobs instead of one.

Painted with acrylic paint, applies lazertran decals, then coated with acrylic clear. A bit lumpy because it's applied via paintbrush...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

John Lyons

That looks nice! Has some good depth to it.
I usually don't like aluminum knobs but those looks good with the paint job.
Now you just need a metal stomp washer.  :icon_biggrin:

john

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

cloudscapes

Quote from: John Lyons on September 08, 2008, 11:44:50 AM

That looks nice! Has some good depth to it.
I usually don't like aluminum knobs but those looks good with the paint job.
Now you just need a metal stomp washer.  :icon_biggrin:

john

thanks John!

yeah I can never find a use for these knobs, but here I think they really work well. I'm glad I had them around. I'll probably visit the hardware store today and see if I can find a washer replacement...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

John Lyons

Cloudscapes.
I can sell you a few washers if you want.
I get them through EthanW here on the forum.
They are thin nickle plated and look nice.
PM me if you are interested.

The hardware stores don't have anything close, way too thick or too big in diameter.

john

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Auke Haarsma

Quote from: John Lyons on September 08, 2008, 02:48:54 PM
The hardware stores don't have anything close, way too thick or too big in diameter.

(pic from my multi-fx project thread)

Close enough? :D picked these up at our local DIY store (Praxis in the Netherlands). I got like 35 of these for ~$8 USD.

cheeb

Etienne, that looks totally killer!! I want one like that.

Barcode80

Quote from: John Lyons on September 08, 2008, 02:48:54 PM
Cloudscapes.
I can sell you a few washers if you want.
I get them through EthanW here on the forum.
They are thin nickle plated and look nice.
PM me if you are interested.

john

i disagree. I got some 7/16" washers which is the perfect fit for 35 cents for 8, and they are metal and take paint/polish up perfect.

hday

There's a True Value in my town that carries a ton of specialized hardware and machined parts. The even have a nice selection of chromed automotive hardware. They have a few nice washers, but I've never checked if they fit stomps as I prefer just using the nut. They only thing I've never found there was a nut for plastic DC jacks, everything else I've found there or found something else that worked just as well.

bighead

Fuzz Face with BYOC pcb. awaiting further design...

$uperpuma

Quote from: Dragonfly on September 08, 2008, 12:08:20 AM

awww. I love simplistic art.  If I write a childrens book thats the type of illustrations I'd like.

Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

Dragonfly

Quote from: $uperpuma on September 08, 2008, 10:07:09 PM

awww. I love simplistic art.  If I write a childrens book thats the type of illustrations I'd like.

I'm a sucker for that stuff too... :)

I painted these...complete contrast to the tropical enclosure :D

Dragonfly

And this one is just bizarre...it looks like a flying brain or something :)

Hanglow

just a quicky pic of a colorsound inductorless wah clone using an LDR to control it. Quite like the sound of it

frequencycentral

Quote from: Hanglow on September 09, 2008, 03:45:43 PM
just a quicky pic of a colorsound inductorless wah clone using an LDR to control it. Quite like the sound of it

Wow that's cool! Nice finish too. Makes me want to build a Wah. Did you have to change the circuit much, or did you just drop in the LDR in place of the pot?
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

Hanglow

just  the LDR with a 100k resistor across it in place of the pot. The pot in the colorsound is wired as a variable resistor, so it's a straight swap

I got the pcb from a "Nevada weeper/volume"pedal that I got for £10 from a local shop. They completely ruined the circuit by putting in incorrect values, so it sounded terrible. I didn't realise what it was until recently,I used the wah case for a parapedal as it had a dual pot. It's  the same circuit also found in the bespeco and proel wahs and the zvex wah probe, probably a bunch of other ones too.

I still prefer the classic inductor based wahs to this type

Hanglow

Did a quick and dirty youtube vid of it http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eJL4CjuU-uA

camera mic adds some harshness. so does the crappy player  :icon_redface:

kurtlives

My second Tube Screamer... a few mods here and there. Added gain boost switch and pot and a voice switch (selects between three great diode configurations).

A very versatile, dynamic TS. I really like this one.
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

John Lyons

Quote from: Hanglow on September 09, 2008, 03:45:43 PM

So what happens when you play this one in the dark?

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/