News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hanglow

Only suitable for daytime playing :icon_cry:  Unless you like playing with permanent low pass filter on all the time

frequencycentral

Quote from: Hanglow on September 10, 2008, 06:23:19 AM
Only suitable for daytime playing :icon_cry:  Unless you like playing with permanent low pass filter on all the time

Yeah, I was going to ask about how it would react to dynamic stage lighting - but that answers my question. Hmm - unpredictable autowah under those conditions?  :D
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

Hanglow

You would need to position a bright spotlight or desktop light  over it, which obviously isn't practical. for recording though it could be quite good - you could use one of those handheld fans to autowah it etc

Franky

DMX-controlled Wah.. That could be great...  :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Filament

Quote from: Hanglow on September 10, 2008, 06:56:30 AM
You would need to position a bright spotlight or desktop light  over it, which obviously isn't practical. for recording though it could be quite good - you could use one of those handheld fans to autowah it etc

Seems like it would be easy enough to rig up a small super bright LED on a gooseneck to hang over your pedalboard.  You could even make it modular so that it detaches at the end of the gig and is powered from your PPP2 or Brick or whatever you use.  Where there's will there's a way. 
This is not my large automobile

arma61

Hi all

just finished housing my MayQueen (ROG) - no gut shot it's closed and I don't dare to open it again  ;D

cheers
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

The French connection

Quote from: Hanglow on September 10, 2008, 06:56:30 AM

...or use the 1$ reading light you don't ever use...

I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/

turnstylepoet

I am very new to this hobby and am working on the beginner project right now.  I got into this because I needed a tap tempo pedal for my DD-5 and I didn't like what was available to purchase.  I looked up how to do it and it seemed simple enough so I frankenstein'd an old broken Pro Co direct box and this is what I came up with.  I painted it to experiment with laying down a simple color and tried my hand at hand painting some text.  It is nowhere near the level of the rest of the pedals in this thread but its a starting point.  This site is an amazing inspiration and I look forward to posting pics of a real pedal soon!  Thanks!  ~Ed

Fender Tele (Rio Grande pups)
Fender Pro Junior
EHX Little Big Muff
HBE Dos Mos
DIY Clean Boost
MXR Classic Distortion
EHX Stereo Pulsar
Boss DD-5 Digital Delay w/DIY Tap Tempo
Line 6 Echo Park
Boss DD-20
Dean Markley PT-13

earthtonesaudio

Recycled enclosure, excellent!

Renegadrian

Quote from: arma61 on September 10, 2008, 08:30:29 AM
Hi all

just finished housing my MayQueen (ROG)

cheers

It looks similar to....Ehm... :icon_twisted:
Did you use the paint can I suggested you?  :icon_wink:

Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

sixstringphil

kurtlives

A great little circuit, great fun to play with.
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

Focalized

GGG Delay. Those knobs were perfect. I only bought 6 from Electronic Goldmine. Should have gotten more. Knobs really add up though.

Gila_Crisis

my last 2 builds

a machine

and a zendrive

Renegadrian

Chris, your Valvecaster is perfect!!! I see you used my layout, and you know that makes me somehow proud...

Simple but classy appearance, I like it so much...

arma61

it seems I cannot insert a quote anyway,

yes Renegadrian that's the paint you suggested, I love it!

about the picture I swear I never saw that red pedal before !! believe me! it absolutely happen by accident. Is it one of yours ? when did you post it ?

Ciao
Armando
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

Renegadrian

Quote from: arma61 on September 11, 2008, 06:34:46 AM
it seems I cannot insert a quote anyway,

yes Renegadrian that's the paint you suggested, I love it!

about the picture I swear I never saw that red pedal before !! believe me! it absolutely happen by accident. Is it one of yours ? when did you post it ?

Ciao
Armando

eheheh
I think I didn't post this one, so it's just a coincidence...Also I believe that a lot of people would put the Queen logo on it, so...
Surely they look the same... :icon_wink:
Glad you liked the paint, not bad, uh? Cheap but gives good results...
Ciao amico mio.

kurtlives

Quote from: Renegadrian on September 11, 2008, 05:07:58 AM
Chris, your Valvecaster is perfect!!! I see you used my layout, and you know that makes me somehow proud...

Simple but classy appearance, I like it so much...
Thanks

Its a great pedal simple, yet there is so much too it. I didnt want to do some crazy enclosure to take away from it. Simple decals, knobs and a tube sticking out accents it well.
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

seibertdr

Are'nt you afraid of breaking the tube off. It would seem so easy especially after a couple of beers.
Mesa RK II
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez AR-300
Schecter Hellraiser
Gretsch G5120
Guitar>Bad Horsie wah>FullDrive 2>Boss OD-2>EHX POG2>Ernie Ball Volume>Amp
M9 in loop

frequencycentral

Quote from: seibertdr on September 11, 2008, 01:03:42 PM
Are'nt you afraid of breaking the tube off. It would seem so easy especially after a couple of beers.

I was when I built mine!

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!