ConanB

Quote from: Dragonfly on September 15, 2008, 09:33:28 PM
Thanks guys...just decals  ;)

Doesn't make them any less amazing ;)
Seriously, love them.

Dragonfly

Dragonfly

Granite !

I took these photos in a couple different "lights" so you can see how real the granite looks.[/b]

danielzink

Newest build - a fairly obscure (as in - I don't see much - if any - discussion about it) pedal.

A Snapster.
TL072 based ummmmm......OD/Distortion. It's late tonight as I button it up - so I've only heard it through the headphone amp. It seems to have a variety of sounds - should be interesting.

I'll get a better bead on it tomorrow.

Dan

tranceracer

Little MiniAmp for a friend.  I initially was going to use the LM386 but all they had at the electronics store was an NTE832 which used the same pins.  I made a mini PCB... Way over kill for such a small ckt but I wanted to keep the ckt small.

free electron

Not really a stompbox, but it will be used to test new stompbox ideas, my ultimate tube low wattage recording amp, a mix of tube, solid state and digital electronics. Work still in progress:

More info here

Steben

Quote from: free electron on September 16, 2008, 01:18:47 AM
Not really a stompbox, but it will be used to test new stompbox ideas, my ultimate tube low wattage recording amp, a mix of tube, solid state and digital electronics. Work still in progress:

More info here

Holy freaking cow!
Some people are floating in time,... alas not me...
  • SUPPORTER
Rules apply only for those who are not allowed to break them

seibertdr

Quote from: Dragonfly on September 15, 2008, 11:43:01 PM
Granite !

I took these photos in a couple different "lights" so you can see how real the granite looks.[/b]

They look like those hollow stones that you use to hide your front door key in. Great look.
Mesa RK II
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez AR-300
Schecter Hellraiser
Gretsch G5120
Guitar>Bad Horsie wah>FullDrive 2>Boss OD-2>EHX POG2>Ernie Ball Volume>Amp
M9 in loop

frank_p

Quote from: Steben on September 16, 2008, 03:19:11 AM
Holy freaking cow!
Some people are floating in time !

:icon_eek:

Yes indeed !!!!!!!!

Auke Haarsma

Boogdish

free electron, how does that thing sound?  It's a very pro and modern looking build, kudos.

dschwartz

Quote from: Steben on September 16, 2008, 03:19:11 AM
Quote from: free electron on September 16, 2008, 01:18:47 AM

More info here

Holy freaking cow!
Some people are floating in time,... alas not me...
:icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

i´m depressed now......i know jack sh*t about electronics....
----------------------------------------------------------
Tubes are overrated!!

http://www.simplifieramp.com

free electron

Thanks! It is one of my most difficult and complex projects. I wanted to use all the available space and cover all my homerecording needs. Some of the features probably i'll be using very seldom but these ideas were circulating inside my head for some time. I decided to try them in this build.
The amp doesn't sound yet. It is designed in a modular way. For now i managed to get working the digital controller, including opto tremolo with midi control (tap tempo, depth, speed), noise gate, signal switching and the reverb driver/receiver with digital volume control. The power supply also is tested and works ok. The next step will be the poweramp and for the last part i left the whole preamp section.
I've got only one sound sample, recorded during the tests of the reverb and tremolo part. It's not the amp itself, just those two sections fed into another amp. The reverb uses a constant current driver, Belton long reverb tank and the opto-trem is controlled by uC with PWM signal. The tricky part was to use a variable DC shift on the trem waveform to maintain the constant volume while changing the depth parameter. Works quite well now. Here's the sound sample. The overdrive sound comes from one of my stompboxes. I must say i really like the results, the reverb is not too bright and stays in the background, where his place is. The trem, driven with sin waveform sounds smooth and round. Since i've got the envelope follower for noise gate onboard i tried the idea of envelope controlled tremolo, but i'd need a separate Sensitivity control for this task and there's no place left on the front panel.

Volkmar

It's my new project
Cabinet simulator with 3 fx inside:
- marshall jtm sim
- Ada Varicab sim
- Mesa Boogie Triaxis line out

what's a shit?

Dragonfly

asfastasdark

Mr. Dragonfly, o my good God, have you stricken again! How did you do this one? Cotton balls?

Dragonfly

Quote from: asfastasdark on September 17, 2008, 08:40:28 PM
Mr. Dragonfly, o my good God, have you stricken again! How did you do this one? Cotton balls?

'Tis just the beginning, my friend - a lot more ideas and experiments to perform ! :D

Glad you like it !

bancika

Quote from: Volkmar on September 17, 2008, 06:37:33 PM
It's my new project
Cabinet simulator with 3 fx inside:
- marshall jtm sim
- Ada Varicab sim
- Mesa Boogie Triaxis line out

which one do you like the most? Did you use inductor for triaxis sim?
Looks great!
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

John Lyons

Quote from: danielzink on September 16, 2008, 12:44:01 AM
Newest build - a fairly obscure (as in - I don't see much - if any - discussion about it) pedal.
A Snapster.

Dan

Isn't the "Snapster" a Menatone  Red Snapper clone?

john

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Volkmar

Quote from: bancika on September 17, 2008, 11:08:35 PM
which one do you like the most? Did you use inductor for triaxis sim?
Looks great!
1. i just finished this devise and i really don't have any time to use it. but Marshal and Mesa work's great. this devise was build for my frend.
2/  Yes, i use inductor, but not 1H, maybe in the future i change in original.
what's a shit?