News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BINGEWOOD

I used stencil making techniques with Photoshop or Illustrator.  Here's a Pshop tutorial that used to be up on stecilrevolution.com:

http://web.archive.org/web/20070212211116/www.stencilrevolution.com/tutorials/tutorialsview.php?id=4

From there the rest is the same as etching any enclosure.  I used PnP blue to transfer to the enclosures.

MarkM's tutorial lays it all out:

http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/MarkMs-Gallery/album24/

irishstu

Quote from: Dragonfly on September 25, 2008, 09:12:18 AM
Black pearl MOTO !

I'm gonna change the washer to a chrome one (to match the trim) as soon as I find them...

Your pedals are most impressive, Dragonfly. I'm actually mostly in awe of your wiring. Really authentic old school stuff there. And I'm glad you're getting the metal washers. Something about those plastic ones just makes pedals look cheap IMHO.

John Lyons

Quote from: caress on September 25, 2008, 02:32:16 PM
not sure if this is more detailed or not, john... the only thing that didn't come out was in the lower right corner "smallsound/bigsound"... not super important, though.

Yeah..those look neat.
thanks for the detail pic.

john
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

arawn

Hey
No ground wires on the Jacks???
Wazzzup wid dat??
"Consistency is the Hobgoblin of Small Minds!"

Gus Smalley clean boost, Whisker biscuit, Professor Tweed, Ruby w/bassman Mods, Dan Armstrong Orange Squeezer, Zvex SHO, ROG Mayqueen, Fetzer Valve, ROG UNO, LPB1, Blue Magic

Dragonfly

Quote from: arawn on September 26, 2008, 08:34:24 PM
Hey
No ground wires on the Jacks???
Wazzzup wid dat??

theres a ground wire on the input jack. Everything is grounded through the case, including the terminal strips.

cloudscapes

how do you guys polish the painted enclosures? by hand? buffing machine? solvents or not?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

arawn

"Consistency is the Hobgoblin of Small Minds!"

Gus Smalley clean boost, Whisker biscuit, Professor Tweed, Ruby w/bassman Mods, Dan Armstrong Orange Squeezer, Zvex SHO, ROG Mayqueen, Fetzer Valve, ROG UNO, LPB1, Blue Magic

Zedmin_fx

Andy that fuzz is f-ing awsome man which I had the cash.

seibertdr

Quote from: Dragonfly on September 26, 2008, 08:20:51 PM

Do you have a layout for this. This sounds great. There's a place on my pedal that would fit right in.

Thanks, Don
Mesa RK II
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez AR-300
Schecter Hellraiser
Gretsch G5120
Guitar>Bad Horsie wah>FullDrive 2>Boss OD-2>EHX POG2>Ernie Ball Volume>Amp
M9 in loop

Dragonfly

Quote from: seibertdr on September 26, 2008, 11:27:45 PM

Do you have a layout for this. This sounds great. There's a place on my pedal that would fit right in.

Thanks, Don

Thanks.

I don't...I just built it "off the top of my head" directly onto the terminal strips. If I get time I'll try to draw up a schematic for you though. It's a pretty simple circuit.

yeeshkul

Man those guts look really vintage! I like it a lot.

asfastasdark

Quote from: Dragonfly on September 27, 2008, 12:09:23 AM
Quote from: seibertdr on September 26, 2008, 11:27:45 PM

Thanks, Don

Thanks.

I don't...I just built it "off the top of my head" directly onto the terminal strips. If I get time I'll try to draw up a schematic for you though. It's a pretty simple circuit.

Very nice sound sample! I like it, I want a schematic too.  ;)

Marcos - Munky

Me too!!! Hey Andy, you're listening to Nirvana's Lithium recently? The riff is in your last 2 soundclips :icon_cool:.

FisTheGoon

hi Dragonfly.love the fuzz.  :o do u record it with the pedal alone or with other fx? nice lithium sound there.do u mind post the schematic? ;D

Dragonfly

Thanks guys.
  I drew up the schematic and added it to the "schematics" section on my website. Its the last one ... BC107 Fuzz.

Dragonfly

Quote from: FisTheGoon on September 27, 2008, 12:10:59 PM
hi Dragonfly.love the fuzz.  :o do u record it with the pedal alone or with other fx? nice lithium sound there.do u mind post the schematic? ;D

The beginning of the sample is the sound without the fuzz. Just a touch of reverb, thats all.

kurtlives

Really likin this Rangemaster, very badass.

Yikes!
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

letsgocoyote

First home screenprinting experiment!

(and it glows in the dark too)

ambulancevoice

Quote from: Dragonfly on September 24, 2008, 05:54:17 PM
OK....I wanted to use my "granite" method and see if I could emulate "rust". I wanted to make a box look like an old rusted out antiquity, and here's what I was able to come up with....

i swear that looks EXACTLY like granite
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money