SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asfastasdark

Quote from: ambulancevoice on September 27, 2008, 10:56:51 PM
Quote from: Dragonfly on September 24, 2008, 05:54:17 PM
OK....I wanted to use my "granite" method and see if I could emulate "rust". I wanted to make a box look like an old rusted out antiquity, and here's what I was able to come up with....

i swear that looks EXACTLY like granite

You know, it does! And Dragonfly, it's really cool that you applied the effect to the washer and nut too!  :D

frank_p

Quote from: ambulancevoice on September 27, 2008, 10:56:51 PM
i swear that looks EXACTLY like granite

LOL Rusted iron or granite, anyway... it does look really heavy: maybe between rock and metal.
Looks more threatening than aluminium...  ;D

John Lyons

Quote from: letsgocoyote on September 27, 2008, 10:45:06 PM
First home screenprinting experiment!

Looks great!
3 colors even  :icon_biggrin:

Did you line up separate color screens at different times or
flash dry them and do em one right after another?

John
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

darron

Quote from: John Lyons on September 28, 2008, 12:58:18 AM
Quote from: letsgocoyote on September 27, 2008, 10:45:06 PM
First home screenprinting experiment!

Looks great!
3 colors even  :icon_biggrin:

Did you line up separate color screens at different times or
flash dry them and do em one right after another?

John

agreed. that looks awesome!! screen printing is not easy, and to jump right into doing 3 colours... very impressive. looks very EHX (:
next time we need a pictorial (:
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

letsgocoyote

Thanks guys.

I built a small jig, printed a layer, stuck the pedal under a lamp to dry (took about 5 minutes to dry enough to touch to print the next layer) and while it was drying washed out my screen, then I would the next layer.
Heres a couple pictures I took of the process, but I didn't take many

For these I used speedball poster ink and speedball night glo ink for the glow in the dark.  the night glo is actually textile ink though, and neither type of inks are nescessarily meant for metal, but i think that as far as metal goes the 1290 enclosure aluminum has a pretty dry/porous texture to it so it took the ink rpetty well.  The 1290 size enclosures from smallbear i dont think would take ink as well because they seem to have a much harder, smoother, and shinier feel to them.
The speedball ink also washes off with water... which could be bad, I used a spray clear coat so it should be good now (normally I prefer to brush on minwax polycrylic which I dont think would have jived with this ink).  But when it washed off with water was a benefit for me because I screwed up the first time!  So it was easy to start over.

I also have some Jacquard ink in black and white which says it works on metal.  I tested it on a small piece of the enclosure lid and it doesn't wash off with water and is probably more durable... but i usd the speedball this time cuz it had glow in the dark colors!

Gila_Crisis

letsgocoyote

its goign to be an overdrive.  im just waiting on a toggle asome 9mm pots and some knobs to finish it, also need to make a pcb

hday

That's some great registration. Did you eyeball the whole thing through the screen? That's very impressive work. Now I've got to try one.

Next you should try some CMYK images. :D

azrael

theundeadelvis

Can't remember the last time I posted in this thread, but here goes. Just finished up these guys today.

5E3 Tweed Deluxe and 5G15 Reverb

A fuzz, but I can't remember which one. One of Andy's I think.
If it ain't broke...   ...it will be soon.

cloudscapes

I just finished this one

started off as an MS20-ish LPF with blend control, but it's not quite behaving as it did on the breadboard and now it's more of an octave-ish LP-fuzz thing. I might keep it like that! I haven't wired the purple led up yet, and it pops like mad! I'll try to fix that tomorrow. I might also put some clipping diodes because on a lot of settings the resonance is LOUD............... at least on amp's clean channel. sounds pretty great on the dirt channel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

nordine

Quote from: cloudscapes on September 28, 2008, 09:43:30 PM
I just finished this one

started off as an MS20-ish LPF with blend control, but it's not quite behaving as it did on the breadboard and now it's more of an octave-ish LP-fuzz thing. I might keep it like that! I haven't wired the purple led up yet, and it pops like mad! I'll try to fix that tomorrow. I might also put some clipping diodes because on a lot of settings the resonance is LOUD............... at least on amp's clean channel. sounds pretty great on the dirt channel

damn, such good quality

what camera are you using? ...the pics look like pencil drawings, in the most good way

also, did you do that LFP for guitar? bass? ..what use are you giving to it.. im intrigued

cloudscapes

Quote from: nordine on September 28, 2008, 10:24:23 PM
damn, such good quality

what camera are you using? ...the pics look like pencil drawings, in the most good way

also, did you do that LFP for guitar? bass? ..what use are you giving to it.. im intrigued

thanks for the kind comments :)

I use a canon DSLR, the rebel XT. lens is usually a sigma 17-70. in the below pics, I do use the flash but I use my hand right in front of the flash to bounce it off to a wall or whatever. also gives the light a warmish tint (because of the light bouncy fleshyness)

did it for guitar, but I admit I did most of my testing just with the soundcard, sending drum loops and songs through it.

I worked on it a little more i nthe last half hour. added a clipping diode that doesnt seem to do anything, fixed the switch popping down to a negligable level, and tinkered some more. grounded the LPF output when bypassed. helped eliminate ground leaks and popping. tomorrow I'll try and see why its not behaving as it should
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

John Lyons

Quote from: theundeadelvis on September 28, 2008, 09:13:33 PM

Those look great!
The pedal is simple but the knobs and clean look really go a long way in my eyes.
The vinyl on the amp ans reverd is a nice color with the wheat grille...

Nice work, I like the personal art and color here.

john

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

theundeadelvis

Thanks John! Quite a compliment coming from someone who does the quality of work you do. I too like the simple look of the pedal with the cupcake knobs. Made it for a friend with the last name Steele.
If it ain't broke...   ...it will be soon.

nordine

Quote from: cloudscapes on September 28, 2008, 10:52:09 PM
Quote from: nordine on September 28, 2008, 10:24:23 PM
damn, such good quality

I worked on it a little more i nthe last half hour. added a clipping diode that doesnt seem to do anything, fixed the switch popping down to a negligable level, and tinkered some more. grounded the LPF output when bypassed. helped eliminate ground leaks and popping. tomorrow I'll try and see why its not behaving as it should

interesting

"a" clipping diode? ..could be two of them, could be leds, or 1n400X type diodes... i've seem countless variations on feedback clipping... is your feedback path passive or active? ...i remember the passive path didn't reat to clipping diodes, if i recall correctly

when i was toying with some MS20 type circuit, i tried it for my bass, to get some dub tones out of it... now, testing it through headphones can be tricky, cause, its another world at a 'live' amp situation... like, welcome to muddyland

Nikolay

The shark - new overdrive from N-audio

nandobello

Sorry for the poor quality photos:

BINGEWOOD

I'll take Marilyn in any quality!  Noice!

sfx

Quote from: Nikolay on September 29, 2008, 06:13:52 AM
The shark - new overdrive from N-audio

Looks great, how did you manage the white print? Is it a white decal with red print matched to the paint or ... ?