News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Lyons

Back to the pictures folks...we're not going to settle this debate here anyway...

john

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Zben3129

Alright, back to pictures.

I know its old news by now but RIP Richard Right. So sad that I never got to see them live.

B Tremblay

Quote from: Zben3129 on September 30, 2008, 07:34:51 PM

I know its old news by now but RIP Richard Right. So sad that I never got to see them live.

Ummm, huh?
B Tremblay
runoffgroove.com

cloudscapes

Quote from: John Lyons on September 28, 2008, 11:11:02 PM

Nice work, I like the personal art and color here.

john

thanks john. I kept the idea of staying away from decals and improving my painting skills a little
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

omarvolta

Quote from: B Tremblay on September 30, 2008, 08:56:38 PM

Ummm, huh?

I think he means Pink Floyd's Richard Wright. I had no idea until now. What a loss....

why the eddie vedder picture though??

Zben3129

WOW

Wrong link....feel stupid now....

Barcode80

Quote from: omarvolta on September 30, 2008, 09:10:53 PM
Quote from: B Tremblay on September 30, 2008, 08:56:38 PM

Ummm, huh?

I think he means Pink Floyd's Richard Wright. I had no idea until now. what a loss....

why the eddie vedder picture though??
true, quite a loss, though i find this person much more influential of my music...

rm -rp ./Matt*

Quote from: Zben3129 on September 30, 2008, 09:27:19 PM
WOW

Wrong link....feel stupid now....

Bahahahaha, that is the funniest thing I have seen all week.

Still, an Eddie Vedder pic is so powerful it can convey most human emotions. :D
-- keh keh yeh.

MarcoMike

back on topic... my latest "creations" (actually not really on topic, as they are not stompboxes...)

the mirror tele... made for a friend of mine who plays in a Muse tribute band. notice the huge amount of knobs and switches... ;)

and my Marshmallow amp!!!! I spent quite some time on it... but it was worth it!! I made it using the approach "re-invent the wheel": it was the first time I worked seriously with wood, tubes, leather, steel... and I can say I made it myself! all of it!! ;) the front panel is not finished yet... but I guess it will take long time, now that the whole amp works I don't feel like putting my hands on it anymore...

sorry for the crappy pictures, my camera's autofucus is broken and I had to find the focus moving it back and forth and guessing from the lcd screen...
Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible.

g.

"Real Vintage Analog Distortion"
Tantalum cap NPN fuzz face Bc238 + germanium clip diodes

Beros

Quote from: g. on October 01, 2008, 04:00:05 AM
"Real Vintage Analog Distortion"
Tantalum cap NPN fuzz face Bc238 + germanium clip diodes

Awsome.
Man ska inte ligga med lik

Renegadrian

Marco I want other pics of that guitar!!! Awesome!!!
LA CHITARA
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

jacobyjd

Quote from: Renegadrian on October 01, 2008, 10:57:16 AM
Marco I want other pics of that guitar!!! Awesome!!!
LA CHITARA

+1 on that. I've seen some pretty cool mirror finishes before, but that one looks amazing--I'd love to see some better angles.

Warsaw, Indiana's poetic love rock band: http://www.bellwethermusic.net

earthtonesaudio

+1 for more "mirror tele" pics.  That looks really cool.  Muse is awesome by the way.  :)

The Marshmallow is cool too, great execution, especially for your first time working with all those materials.  That deserves major props.

frank_p

How do you make a mirror finish like that ?
Nice !!!

Franky

You can use an aluminium plate with belgom to make it shine..

A friend of mine did some like that (Mattocaster Replicas):

Here's the construction topic (in french):
http://lutheriedilettante.forumculture.net/realisations-electriques-f23/la-tonycaster-t761.htm

jacobyjd

Thanks for the additional pics! That thing looks great :)

I don't think I'd ever want to put a mirror finish on any of my guitars--simply for the fact that I'd never be able to keep it clean  :icon_lol:
Warsaw, Indiana's poetic love rock band: http://www.bellwethermusic.net

MarcoMike

that one looks much nicer than the one I made... damn! I used a similar technique, I found a mirror-like plastic thing at the diy shop and glued it to the guitar. it's quite flexyble, so I could make the borders too.

Jacob, yes, it's a very "sensitive" finish for a guitar, not sure it would be good for me either... as I wouldn't be able to walk on high heels,  ;D  but someone does...
Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible.

Franky

Quote from: MarcoMike on October 01, 2008, 01:55:27 PM
that one looks much nicer than the one I made... damn! I used a similar technique, I found a mirror-like plastic thing at the diy shop and glued it to the guitar. it's quite flexyble, so I could make the borders too.

Jacob, yes, it's a very "sensitive" finish for a guitar, not sure it would be good for me either... as I wouldn't be able to walk on high heels,  ;D  but someone does...

Yep, my friend did a bass guitar with that material, but it's a pain to keep it scratchless..

Renegadrian

Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!