Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caress

yup black solder mask through golden phoenix.  happy times... ;D

slacker

Quote from: kurtlives on October 04, 2008, 10:50:41 PM
Now I don't wanna be a dick but it seems like this thread has turned into a lot of PCB and fancy enclosure painting pics. We need more finished pedals and gut shots! :D

Here's one just for you, definitely no fancy enclosure here  :)

Notice the misaligned jacks and random knob selection, they add essential mojo.

It's a Superfuzz by the way.

asfastasdark

Those black boards! Super hot! As far as electronics can be hot!  :o These look awesome, never seen a board so beautiful before!

Dragonfly

Now I don't wanna be a dick but it seems like this thread has turned into a lot of PCB and fancy enclosure painting pics. We need more finished pedals and gut shots! :D

What about "Fancy enclosure painting pics WITH gut shots?"

....AND A SOUND SAMPLE !

arawn

man i really want one of those!!!!!
"Consistency is the Hobgoblin of Small Minds!"

Gus Smalley clean boost, Whisker biscuit, Professor Tweed, Ruby w/bassman Mods, Dan Armstrong Orange Squeezer, Zvex SHO, ROG Mayqueen, Fetzer Valve, ROG UNO, LPB1, Blue Magic

Zen

cut the RED wire!  oh crap, they're all blue!!!

asfastasdark

Dragonfly, is that all on max gain, or does the gain go down somewhere in the middle of the clip? It sounds great, just a bit too much for me.

uuav

Quote from: Dragonfly on October 05, 2008, 12:27:28 PM

....AND A SOUND SAMPLE !

That's THE Sound we love!
With all that mojo parts, you should drill a rectangular hole on the box and put a piece of glass on it, it's f**king hot inside!

kurtlives

Quote from: slacker on October 05, 2008, 07:50:29 AM

Here's one just for you, definitely no fancy enclosure here  :)

Notice the misaligned jacks and random knob selection, they add essential mojo.

It's a Superfuzz by the way.
Nice cans! Really like those guts.
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

8mileshigh

Now that's a mighty sweet looking and sounding unit.  I just love the way it cleans up by lowering the volume on the guitar knob or the gain.  Cool glitchy sounds as well and great selection of NOS parts.  Looks really great.  Get that up for sale on your site, I noticed that you're only selling painted boxes these days.

Chris

....AND A SOUND SAMPLE !

Builts completed: Tweak-O, Fuzz Face Si and Ge, Rangemaster,Fuzzrite Si & Ge, Bazz Fuzz, L'il Devil Fuzz, Bosstone one knober, Bosstone Sustainer, Cream Pie, Kay Fuzztone. http://www.myspace.com/chrisdarlington

Dragonfly

Quote from: 8mileshigh on October 05, 2008, 08:04:59 PM
Now that's a mighty sweet looking and sounding unit.  I just love the way it cleans up by lowering the volume on the guitar knob or the gain.  Cool glitchy sounds as well and great selection of NOS parts.  Looks really great.  Get that up for sale on your site, I noticed that you're only selling painted boxes these days.

Chris

Thanks - I can't offer it for sale on my site though...it already sold :)

I was STRONGLY considering keeping it...it sounds so much better than the sound sample illustrates. I did, however, sort out a pair of those transistors from the same batch for myself  ;)

Dragonfly

Quote from: uuav on October 05, 2008, 03:13:36 PM
That's THE Sound we love!
With all that mojo parts, you should drill a rectangular hole on the box and put a piece of glass on it, it's f**king hot inside!

:icon_redface:

Thanks !

Dragonfly

Quote from: asfastasdark on October 05, 2008, 02:58:41 PM
Dragonfly, is that all on max gain, or does the gain go down somewhere in the middle of the clip? It sounds great, just a bit too much for me.

The middle of the clip demonstrates both "lowering the fuzz knob" as well as "backing off your guitars volume knob".   ;)

I agree...lots of intense fuzz till that point.

Focalized

Colorsound Fuzz. Thanks to Dragonfly's layout. Built one just like it in a bigger box a while ago. Getting the Q2 collector to 4.5 just like a Fuzz Face is good to do.

Dragonfly

Quote from: Focalized on October 06, 2008, 02:30:21 AM
Colorsound Fuzz. Thanks to Dragonfly's layout. Built one just like it in a bigger box a while ago. Getting the Q2 collector to 4.5 just like a Fuzz Face is good to do.

Thats frickin' sweet !

It makes me want to BUY one from you ...and I made the layout !

Seriously great work !

Steben

@dragonfly

A Silicon '69?
  • SUPPORTER
Rules apply only for those who are not allowed to break them

Steben

• SUPPORTER
Rules apply only for those who are not allowed to break them

Dragonfly

Quote from: Steben on October 06, 2008, 10:55:49 AM
@dragonfly

A Silicon '69?

nope - germanium - 2n388 npn transistors.

controls for bias, regenerative feedback, fuzz, and volume.

simple, but effective.

comfortably_numb

Quote from: Focalized on October 06, 2008, 02:30:21 AM

What is that holding the PCB in place?  It looks to me like you cut the edge from one of those clear report binders you used in school when you did your assignment the night before but wanted to make it look good.

natalio

To me it seems like the plastic enclosure that mos ICs come in.