News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eurekaiv

Mind if I ask how you attached the terminal strips on this one?  I like that it doesn't have screws through the enclosure face.

Quote from: Dragonfly on October 05, 2008, 12:27:28 PM

Dragonfly

Quote from: eurekaiv on October 06, 2008, 11:06:12 PM
Mind if I ask how you attached the terminal strips on this one?  I like that it doesn't have screws through the enclosure face.

JB WELD

Its non-conductive though, so make sure you run adequate ground wires to the terminal strip...dont just trust that they are making solid connection with the case. They probably are, but for the $.01 worth of wire, why risk it ? :D

Focalized

QuoteThats frickin' sweet !

It makes me want to BUY one from you ...and I made the layout !

Seriously great work !

Thanks!

QuoteCool
Did you paint the inside white?

Powder coated box I bought.

QuoteWhat is that holding the PCB in place?  It looks to me like you cut the edge from one of those clear report binders you used in school when you did your assignment the night before but wanted to make it look good.

It's some plastic sign holder stores use. I've saved a few here and there. It actually wraps around under the board and is glues to the pot.

Like this:
          __
_______|

rnfr

Quote from: kurtlives on October 04, 2008, 10:50:41 PM

What about "Fancy enclosure painting pics WITH gut shots?"

wow- that sounds freakin awesome!  any dice on gettin a schem??

uuav

two last works:
no more boss oc-2 (true bypass + one new output to let the guitar signal going out with any effect, now I can plug the pedal on a bass amp and still playing the guitar on a guitar amp)

and a univox superfuzz clone, wich is for now my n°1 fuzz !

jacobyjd

Andy--all that blue wire/heatshrink remids me of the guys at car shows that make EVERY hose out of braided hose and blue anodized connectors :) Looks good, sounds good.

I was looking into incorporating a feedback loop into my FF build, but I couldn't find any info on it through a search (it seems searching words like 'fuzz', 'feedback', and 'loop' is pretty fruitless  :icon_biggrin:). Does anyone have any ready links to info on dropping a feedback loop into a fuzz? 

Warsaw, Indiana's poetic love rock band: http://www.bellwethermusic.net

petemoore

I was looking into incorporating a feedback loop into my FF build,
  Note there's a 100k feedback resistor...
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Dragonfly

Quote from: petemoore on October 07, 2008, 11:39:36 AM

Not in my pedal there isn't :)  ...theres a "1k" though !   ;)

I think Jacobyjd is confusing "regenerative feedback" with "feedback loop"...different things. Regenerative feedback is just "how much signal makes it back to Q1 (which, as Pete said, is usually a 100k resistor). This build used a 47k with a 100k pot wired as a resistor so it can be adjusted according to taste. This is a handy mod for switching from single coils to humbuckers.

Dragonfly

Quote from: rnfr on October 07, 2008, 10:27:06 AM
wow- that sounds freakin awesome!  any dice on gettin a schem??

Its simple really...

modded FF with a 47k + 100k pot instead of a 100k resistor
1k + 10k pot for the 8k2 resistor

other than that, good parts and care taken in the build.

This is really just a very good FF that is a bit more versatile than a standard one.

GREEN FUZ

Quote from: Dragonfly on October 07, 2008, 12:18:43 PM

I think Jacobyjd is confusing "regenerative feedback" with "feedback loop"...different things. Regenerative feedback is just "how much signal makes it back to Q1 (which, as Pete said, is usually a 100k resistor). This build used a 47k with a 100k pot wired as a resistor so it can be adjusted according to taste. This is a handy mod for switching from single coils to humbuckers.

I thought he was referring to something along these lines.

http://experimentalistsanonymous.com/diy/Schematics/Buffers%20Switchers%20Mixers%20and%20Routers/Feedback%20loop.gif

jacobyjd

Quote from: GREEN FUZ on October 07, 2008, 12:41:31 PM
Quote from: Dragonfly on October 07, 2008, 12:18:43 PM

I thought he was referring to something along these lines.

http://experimentalistsanonymous.com/diy/Schematics/Buffers%20Switchers%20Mixers%20and%20Routers/Feedback%20loop.gif

Andy is correct on my thinking...I didn't know of a difference in terms. Regenerative feedback is what I was wondering about--I was thinking it was more complicated than it actually is, and single-coil to humbucker switching is exactly what I had in mind, since it's something I do very regularly, and my FF is the only effect on my board that is (sometimes) undesirably affected by changing to and from my strat.

I think my FF might see a mod in the form of a resistor switch for this purpose. Thanks for the info guys.

Warsaw, Indiana's poetic love rock band: http://www.bellwethermusic.net

Valoosj

Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

ConanB

Quote from: Valoosj on October 08, 2008, 09:24:54 AM
Boost!

Nice!

Is it a white box with an inverted decal then painted black to achieve the white dragon? Had that technique in mind for a box I want to throw together.

Fuzzy-Train

Got me a HOG.

I put a patch bay for all the cables and the power supply.
THERE IS NO SIG.

The user formerly known as NoNothing.

Stuff I built!
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/Cpt_sergeant/?start=allRandom

John Lyons

Very nice setup there! I like the space saving idea and it keeps the main unit safe and cozy underneath.
Slap a coat of a nice color paint on there and you're set.
Actually I'd suggest a propane burned finish with a light walnut stain and amber shellac...but that's just me...

john

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Fuzzy-Train

Thanks John!

I was thinking of just staining it the same way I stained my other board. I think it might blend in with the colors of the HOG nicely.

I'll try that burnt finish on some pieces I have left over. Whats the process? Burn, sand, stain? How burnt does it need to be?
THERE IS NO SIG.

The user formerly known as NoNothing.

Stuff I built!
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/Cpt_sergeant/?start=allRandom

kurtlives

Bear Boost Plus...I really like this one.

My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

andrew_k

John Lyons

This is what I was thinking Alex.

This one is Ash and roofing tar but you could get a similar aesthetic
with plywood and douglas fir (2x4) like you have there.

Get a propane torch and move it slowly around until it burns.
Keep moving it around and you can sand it back smooth which will lighten it a bit.
Get any darker stain to darken the grain a bit. Might take a few coats to get it to look dark enough.
Just an idea...

john

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

g.

Leaky Germanium Fuzz Face